And Now It's Tony Cornish To Be Burned At The Stake

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: And Now It's Tony Cornish To Be Burned At The Stake

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:06 pm

hammAR wrote:Does a blow-job by an unknown female in a movie theatre count as sexual abuse........... :roll:

Depends on if she quit early or not
Ghost

Postby ttousi on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 pm

from Tony's Facebook page

Dear Facebook Friends, Thanks so much for your understanding!! I'll open up the page later, but for obvious reasons, have to watch comments.

“As a proud former peace officer and longtime champion for public safety, I am forced to face the reality that I have made some at the Capitol feel uncomfortable, and disrespected. To those individuals and specifically the unnamed lobbyist , I sincerely apologize for my unwelcome behavior. “I would also like to apologize to God, my family, my constituents, and friends for the mistakes I have made.
After having conferred with family members, friends and advisors, it is with deep regret tonight that I am announcing my intention to resign from the Minnesota House of Representatives. I do so after reaching an agreement in principle with the unnamed lobbyist that has been mentioned. The agreement is basically that I offer the enclosed apology, and resign from my office, on or before December, 1st 2017 and that we both provide each other with a mutual release of any claims against each other now and in the future.
Sincerely, State Representative Tony Cornish
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby INOR on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Good. It's the right choice. Also good that Schoen resigned as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm

INOR wrote:Good. It's the right choice. Also good that Schoen resigned as well.

I disagree.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Wow, go down not swinging. Must be more to the story.
Ghost

Postby Rodentman on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 pm

I am surprised to hear of these resignations, especially Cornish. Given this, Franken surely should do the same.
Rodentman

Postby BigBlue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Rodentman wrote:I am surprised to hear of these resignations, especially Cornish. Given this, Franken surely should do the same.

Though I'd love nothing more than for Spanken Franken to depart, rumor has it that Gov. Goofy will appoint the one possible worse option to replace him: Ellison. Out of the frying pan into the fire, I guess.
BigBlue

Postby INOR on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 am

Actually wouldn't be worst if Dayton appointed Ellinson. He's not someone I would see being reelected on a statewide level for a senate seat so that could be MN's best route for getting a republican senate seat down the road. Look at it this way...Dayton will appoint some ultra progressive to replace Franken. Would you rather it be someone who can't be reelected statewide or would you rather it be someone with broader appeal across the state?

As for Cornish, a couple things I would note in this. First, his accuser outed herself (which some of you were critical of her for not doing). Second, he resigned under conditions set by her and her attorney. Which means that there was definitely more there and he was at risk of being sued personally in a civil suit for damages. It's pretty clear that she let the issue drop in exchange for his unqualified resignation.

Never piss into the wind. Don't **** where you eat. And don't try to **** people with whom you have work/business relationships.

INOR

Postby MJY65 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 am

INOR wrote:Actually wouldn't be worst if Dayton appointed Ellinson. He's not someone I would see being reelected on a statewide level for a senate seat so that could be MN's best route for getting a republican senate seat down the road.

I agree. Obviously, it would be nice to have it drag out long enough for the resignation/appointment to happen in a post Dayton Republican administration, but that's a long shot. I think Ellison would lose in the special election (in 2018??)
MJY65

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:35 am

INOR wrote:Actually wouldn't be worst if Dayton appointed Ellinson. He's not someone I would see being reelected on a statewide level for a senate seat so that could be MN's best route for getting a republican senate seat down the road. Look at it this way...Dayton will appoint some ultra progressive to replace Franken. Would you rather it be someone who can't be reelected statewide or would you rather it be someone with broader appeal across the state?

The fact the Franken was elected in the first place gave me no hope for MN. I'm still trying to figure out how to secede to ND.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:40 am

INOR wrote:Actually wouldn't be worst if Dayton appointed Ellinson. He's not someone I would see being reelected on a statewide level for a senate seat so that could be MN's best route for getting a republican senate seat down the road. Look at it this way...Dayton will appoint some ultra progressive to replace Franken. Would you rather it be someone who can't be reelected statewide or would you rather it be someone with broader appeal across the state?

As for Cornish, a couple things I would note in this. First, his accuser outed herself (which some of you were critical of her for not doing). Second, he resigned under conditions set by her and her attorney. Which means that there was definitely more there and he was at risk of being sued personally in a civil suit for damages. It's pretty clear that she let the issue drop in exchange for his unqualified resignation.

Never piss into the wind. Don't **** where you eat. And don't try to **** people with whom you have work/business relationships.

So if he resigned under conditions set forth by her attorney, then it would imply she was planning to sue. If she expected to win, she felt she had damages. What does she gain by his resignation?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:51 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

So if he resigned under conditions set forth by her attorney, then it would imply she was planning to sue. If she expected to win, she felt she had damages. What does she gain by his resignation?

Successful blackmail? She may be getting paid.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:54 am

So if she is getting paid, why resign?
Holland&Holland

Postby INOR on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am

If you're genuinely interested in her motivations, you can read her statement in this article.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/21/lo ... es-public/
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 am

INOR wrote:If you're genuinely interested in her motivations, you can read her statement in this article.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/21/lo ... es-public/

You believe that is "genuine"? Seems like politics by those who play the game. Ya, the system works....
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to Politics