And Now It's Tony Cornish To Be Burned At The Stake

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby INOR on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 pm

She's unknown to you but not to the people that are involved. And again, Cornish acknowledged that he was pursuing a sexual relationship with a **** lobbiest. What's unclear here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: And Now It's Tony Cornish To Be Burned At The Stake

Postby xd ED on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:16 pm

INOR wrote:She's unknown to you but not to the people that are involved. And again, Cornish acknowledged that he was pursuing a sexual relationship with a **** lobbiest. What's unclear here?

I don't believe that he might have been 'pursuing a relationship' is the issue; how he allegedly did that is the concern.
Is there something in an ethics requirement that says there can be no such relationship?
Are there no politicians involved with lobbyists?

That this is coincidental to the other charges suddenly appearing at the same time is not a bit ...'suspicious?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby INOR on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 am

Absolutely unethical. Put it in a business context. If I had a business relationship with a supplier or a customer and I had influence over decisions made benefitting that supplier or customer, I would be absolutely prohibited from initiating or becoming involved with a that supplier or customer on a personal level. It's absolutely improper. If I did that through my work and my employer learned I was pursuing a personal sexual relationship with such a person, it would be a fireable offense. Just at that level.

If politicians are involved with lobbyists, it is similarly an ethical lapse as they have influence over decisions benefiting the lobbyist.

As for timing, that's normal. A lot of times people aren't strong enough or ready to be the first one to report an impropriety. It takes an incident of someone else reporting that it happened to them before they feel empowered enough to stand up and say that it happened to them too. Consider the Catholic church situation and the predatory behavior that existed there. It was commonplace that one reported incident led to many additional reported incidents.

INOR

Postby MJY65 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:32 am

xd ED wrote:Is there something in an ethics requirement that says there can be no such relationship?

I'm not sure what the official policy is, but that is definitely a line we don't want crossed. Imagine if Protect MN hired a bunch of NFL cheerleaders as lobbyists and they just happened to take a special interest in certain swing vote legislators.

Nope....No good.
MJY65

Postby xd ED on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:36 am

INOR wrote:Absolutely unethical. Put it in a business context. If I had a business relationship with a supplier or a customer and I had influence over decisions made benefitting that supplier or customer, I would be absolutely prohibited from initiating or becoming involved with a that supplier or customer on a personal level. It's absolutely improper. If I did that through my work and my employer learned I was pursuing a personal sexual relationship with such a person, it would be a fireable offense. Just at that level.

If politicians are involved with lobbyists, it is similarly an ethical lapse as they have influence over decisions benefiting the lobbyist.

As for timing, that's normal. A lot of times people aren't strong enough or ready to be the first one to report an impropriety. It takes an incident of someone else reporting that it happened to them before they feel empowered enough to stand up and say that it happened to them too. Consider the Catholic church situation and the predatory behavior that existed there. It was commonplace that one reported incident led to many additional reported incidents.

You've stated your opinion, and your personal work situation.
None the less you didn't address whether there exists a code of professional responsibility for legislators that governs personal relationships with lobbyists.

You've obviously made your mind up on the overall issue based on the select information the press has chosen to reveal.
Myself, I'll wait for a proper determination from the legislative authorities before condemning anyone.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:22 am

MJY65 wrote:
xd ED wrote:Is there something in an ethics requirement that says there can be no such relationship?

I'm not sure what the official policy is, but that is definitely a line we don't want crossed. Imagine if Protect MN hired a bunch of NFL cheerleaders as lobbyists and they just happened to take a special interest in certain swing vote legislators.

Nope....No good.

If the lobbiest was getting their way, I have no doubt we wouldn’t be talking about this.

Funny how power works both ways.
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

Ghost wrote:If the lobbiest was getting their way, I have no doubt we wouldn’t be talking about this.

Funny how power works both ways.

I agree, and both are wrong.
MJY65

Postby INOR on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:12 am

New accusation against the Schoen guy. DFL staffer said he snapchatted her a sexually explicit photo in 2015. A friend of hers witnessed it. Never reported it back then, but came forward now after realizing that he has displayed a pattern of this behavior.
INOR

Postby usnret on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 am

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby MJY65 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:59 am

Please, let that be real!
MJY65

Postby INOR on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 am

Good. He'll be the next dope groveling in the media and asking for forgiveness. This should be fun.
INOR

Postby MJY65 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 am

One must be very careful when starting an Inquisition. You never know how it will play out. I think the liberals are(should be) learning that.
MJY65

Postby BigBlue on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:40 am

That is definitely true. If folks want to start stringing up politicians for sexual harassment stuff it is going to be spread all over and not limited to any one party.

At least this person had actual pictures to support her claims, which is far better than just a random claim from XX years ago that cannot be refuted without he-said-she-said.
BigBlue

Postby xd ED on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 am

MJY65 wrote:Please, let that be real!

Franken apologizes:

US senator and former comedian Al Franken has issued an apology after being accused of kissing and groping a woman without her consent.

Leeann Tweeden, a Los Angeles-based news anchor, came forward with the allegations in an op-ed published by KABC radio on Thursday that detailed an encounter with Franken during a tour of the Middle East to entertain US troops in 2006.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/16/al-franken-apologizes-accusation-kissed-groped-tv-news-anchor-leeann-tweeden
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Sorcerer on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Now will the passive/ aggressive Minnesotan Dems give Al a pass? AND what will governor goof say now.
Sorcerer

PreviousNext

Return to Politics