MN Gun Owners Caucus donate problem

Firearms related political discussion forum

MN Gun Owners Caucus donate problem

Postby Uffdaphil on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Just got the double matching donation email. I click on “donate today” which opens the site. After filling in my info the Visa tab is not live. The PayPal tab just reloads the home page as it has always done in the past.

So I go the the other option - givemn.org and register. Search for Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and only some groups I never heard of and anti-gun groups show.

It’s frustrating to think of how much money could be going to this good cause with a user friendly donation system. It has been buggy for a long time. Sometimes works, but often not.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Re: MN Gun Owners Caucus donate problem

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Mine just went through with no problems, I used Paypal.
Jackpine Savage

Postby bstrawse on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:Just got the double matching donation email. I click on “donate today” which opens the site. After filling in my info the Visa tab is not live. The PayPal tab just reloads the home page as it has always done in the past.

So I go the the other option - givemn.org and register. Search for Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and only some groups I never heard of and anti-gun groups show.

It’s frustrating to think of how much money could be going to this good cause with a user friendly donation system. It has been buggy for a long time. Sometimes works, but often not.

Hi -

First I've heard of this issue - sorry for the experience that you're having. We're actually using one of the largest backend systems for donations in the non-profit and political sector (Nationbuilder). I wish I knew why you're having that issue.

In any event, here is the link to donate via GiveMN:

https://givemn.org/organization/minneso ... pport-fund

You can also just use Paypal and donate by sending a donation to supportfund@gunowners.mn if that's easier.

You can reach me directly at bryan.strawser@gunowners.mn at any time if you run into any issues.

Thanks for surfacing this issue,
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Follow-up -

I talked w/ the GiveMN folks and they've setup our profile so if someone searched for the Caucus, the support fund page will show up moving forward.

Thanks again,
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Mine just went through with no problems, I used Paypal.

Likewise.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Uffdaphil on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Okay, I nade the donation via givemn. The problem there was the site search showed a different logo and name so I assumed the firearms saftey program was a different organization.

Are you guys doing Paypal via an iPad? Maybe it’s an IOS issue.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Return to Politics