It begins: HF3022

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: It begins: HF3022

Postby xd ED on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:53 am

Bearcatrp wrote:I see they didn't go after PTC. So if folks have a permit to carry, will that constitute we are able to own a assault weapon? Or will there be a completely different back ground check and waste more tax payers money?

You don't think publishing personal information of those who obviously own firearms is not going after permit holders?
It's an invasion of privacy, and accomplishes nothing positive.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MJY65 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 am

^^^^^^

It's just a way to intimidate permit holders. Nothing else.
MJY65

Postby sansooshooter on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 am

The more gun owners I tell about this bill, the more I hear that will never pass and that's crazy.
I am afraid gun owners are getting complacent and will not turn out the numbers to crush this bill.
sansooshooter

Postby Randygmn on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:59 am

I sent Peggy (forgot her last name) and Latz the following email this morning. Won’t matter, but still. In the subject line I said “Rep Slocum’s gun control bill”.

I figured I’d take a moment to introduce myself as I’m one of your constituents.
I was made aware yesterday of an egregious bill to be introduced during this current session. I’d like you to know that I’m a single issue voter and a fierce originalist when it comes to the US Constitution. I’ve been a responsible gun owner for more than 25 years, representing half of my life. I own every sort of legal weapon, including AR15’s. I’d like you to know that none of my firearms have ever been used to harm another human being. I also have my Minnesota Permit to Carry.
There are approximately 400 million guns AND TRILLIONS of rounds of ammo owned by 100 million citizens in the US. And although these “mass shootings” are all horrifically tragic, they represent a tiny fraction of a percent of gun owners. Rep Slocum’s bill is an embarrassment in its contempt of the Second Amendment and an assault on the freedoms of ALL Minnesotans, regardless of their positions on gun ownership. What’s next, “restrictions” on voting rights, religious freedom or the right to free speech? It seems obvious that that some folks are incredulous to their oaths to honor and protect the US Constitution. I’ll be watching these proceedings with a keen eye. Those that attempt to infringe on my God given right to keep and bear arms will have earned my scorn and efforts to defeat them, politically, in the future. I am not a lone voice in the wilderness. My reach is far. I stand for the freedoms and liberty our Founders so thoughtfully recognized and our brave men and women fought and died for during our nation’s 240+ year history. And I vote.

Respectfully
XXXXXXXX
Randygmn

Postby MJY65 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:45 am

There's pretty good article in the Star Tribune this morning that discusses the existing MN laws. I hope a lot of people read it.
MJY65

Postby Jack's My dog on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:09 am

I called Davnie's office today and spoke with his assistant to express my concern. He was of the opinion it will not see the light of day at least in "full". That said I think the call was worthwhile, if for nothing else than to let them know there are a few of us pro rights individuals in his district. I was on the fence about if I should call until I read the amendment. I would recommend everyone read the bill for yourself. I think the MNGOC email alert actually under sells the bill.
Jack's My dog

Postby Jack's My dog on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:10 am

MJY65 wrote:There's pretty good article in the Star Tribune this morning that discusses the existing MN laws. I hope a lot of people read it.
Can you share the name of the article?
Jack's My dog

Postby MJY65 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:20 am

MJY65

Postby Jack's My dog on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:37 am

MJY65 wrote:http://www.startribune.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-minnesota-s-gun-laws/474903103/

Thanks.
Jack's My dog

Postby sansooshooter on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:13 pm

I was surprised by the trib article . I don't read the paper . I'm certain the editorial page won't be so even handed.
Am I wrong?
I emailed every member on the committee this morning. I got one positive reply from rep Nick Zerwas.
Here is his reply.
Yes! I will be. I remain steadfast in my support of the second amendment and I will oppose HF 3022.

Thanks,

Nick Z
sansooshooter

Postby Ghost on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:14 pm

MJY65 wrote:http://www.startribune.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-minnesota-s-gun-laws/474903103/

Nice summary
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:12 pm

They want the fewest possible number of guns in private hands and are throwing every roadblock they can think of in the way. Think of the way hard core anti-abortion states do everything in their power to nullify Roe v. Wade.
Lumpy

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:21 pm

sansooshooter wrote:The more gun owners I tell about this bill, the more I hear that will never pass and that's crazy.
I am afraid gun owners are getting complacent and will not turn out the numbers to crush this bill.

I have said in multiple forums including this one. WE NEED TO ORGANIZE AND GO DOWN TO THE CAPITAL! Letters and phone calls are not enough. The anti's do it. WE need to do it. We need every pro 2A that want to keep there guns to attend! Do it peacefully, no rifles strapped to our backs, then go inside and tell out elected officials WERE WE STAND!Was hoping Gun Owners Caucus would put this together, with plenty of notice, and do this!
Bearcatrp

Postby Uffdaphil on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:58 pm

I never thought I would say this since my entire family is here, but if any of these draconion measures pass I will be selling the house and moving to a freeer state pronto.

I figure South Dakota is a safe bet but Wisconsin would be my first choice unless they drink the kool-aid too.How pro-gun is Iowa likely to remain?
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby MJY65 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:10 pm

^^^^^^

I don't think any state is "safe", but Wisconsin is no where near it. Large urban centers can flip any state in a hurry.
MJY65

PreviousNext

Return to Politics