It begins: HF3022

Firearms related political discussion forum

It begins: HF3022

Postby mecra on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:35 pm

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.p ... n_number=0

Slocum Finally dropped her Gun bill HF3022 and its SOOO much worse then the original leak
All your private data about CCW holders is now public. Your name, address, phone number....basically everything you put on your CCW permit is public and searchable online
Forced gun registry, and that is all publicly available so everyone will know what guns you actually own
Every single gun will be required to be licensed. These licenses you must apply for each time you want to purchase at your local PD regardless if you have a CCW. The local police chief gets to set the licensing rules and gets to deny them if they want.
Prohibited person expansion - a whole new class of citizens will lose their 2A rights (this is not completely defined yet)
Suppressors are illegal again and having posession of one is a felony
People behind on child support must forfeit all firearms, and are not allowed to purchase any
"Assault Weapons" ban. Any rifle that is semi auto is now classified as an assault weapon. >>>NO grandfathering in "assault rifles" You must destroy them<<< This has been said and is incorrect. There is a clause for keeping them. I detail it below.
Anything over a 10 round magazine is banned, and owning one is a felony
Must be 21 to purchase ANY firearm
With the forced gun registry yearly inspections of your home, all firearms, and all firearm securing locations. Oh you dont get to show them where they are stored they get to dig through your house unimpeded for infractions - not complying is a class A felony
Private Sales Explicity banned
and theres more yet to come..

Forgive me if this was already posted. I didn't see anyone talking about the details so I wanted to share.

and now we get to see all kinds of political games being played.
Last edited by mecra on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mecra

Re: It begins: HF3022

Postby mecra on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 pm

The bill is now in committee. They could call an emergency session at any time and just vote on it.
mecra

Postby MJY65 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:01 pm

It's a horrible bill, but at least one of the points you made is definitely not true. You may want to re-read and edit.
MJY65

Postby goalie on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Don't make me a criminal.

Sincerely,
Me.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Ghost on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:42 pm

goalie wrote:Don't make me a criminal.

Sincerely,
Me.

The first felony is the hardest. Gets a lot easier from that point on.
Ghost

Postby mecra on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:11 pm

MJY65 wrote:It's a horrible bill, but at least one of the points you made is definitely not true. You may want to re-read and edit.

You mean

Subd. 4. Ammunition sales. (a) A firearms dealer shall ensure that all ammunition is
displayed behind a checkout counter where the public is not permitted and is offered for
sale only by an employee who is at least 21 years of age and not prohibited by state or
federal law from possessing a firearm. The firearms dealer shall ensure that the person
making the sale requires the buyer:
(1) to provide photographic identification showing the buyer's date of birth; and
(2) to sign a written or electronic document detailing the date of the sale, the name of
the buyer, and the amount of ammunition sold.
(b) A document described under paragraph (a), clause (2), must be retained by the
firearms dealer for at least three years and must at all reasonable times be open to inspection
by any authorized law enforcement agency.

? Can you elaborate more. My post is a combination from a couple sources and a quick read of the bill for validity. I would like to know what I missed.
mecra

Postby vingrjoe on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Is there any point in emailing Rep. Slocum ? If she's a hardcore leftist like I think, based on her bill, what is the use of giving her FBI statistics such as Table 8, that show more murders happen with knives, hammers, improvised weapons, etc than with all rifles ?
vingrjoe

Postby mecra on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:23 pm

vingrjoe wrote:Is there any point in emailing Rep. Slocum ? If she's a hardcore leftist like I think, based on her bill, what is the use of giving her FBI statistics such as Table 8, that show more murders happen with knives, hammers, improvised weapons, etc than with all rifles ?

Unverified but a friend said that Slocum blocked him when he tried to contact her. There are other reps that can be contacted though.
mecra

Postby MJY65 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 pm

There actually is a grandfather clause for “Assault weapons”. Plenty of bad to go with it, though.
MJY65

Postby mecra on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:39 pm

MJY65 wrote:There actually is a grandfather clause for “Assault weapons”. Plenty of bad to go with it, though.

What number is that clause in? Oh I see it. It starts up where the inspection part comes in.

Subd. 5. Registration of assault weapons. (a) A person who legally owned or possessed
an assault weapon before February 1, 2018, and who desires to keep ownership or possession
of the weapon shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) submit to a background check conducted by the chief of police of the municipality
in which the person resides, or if there is no police department the sheriff of the county in
which the person resides, to confirm the person is not prohibited from possessing a firearm
under state or federal law; and
(2) unless the person is currently prohibited by law from possessing a firearm,
immediately register the weapon with the appropriate law enforcement agency.
(b) A person described in paragraph (a) shall comply with all of the following:
(1) safely and securely store the assault weapon pursuant to the regulations adopted by
the appropriate law enforcement agency;
(2) agree to allow the agency to inspect the storage of the weapon to ensure compliance
with this subdivision;
(3) annually renew the registration, subject to the completion of a new background check;
(4) possess the weapon only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person,
or while engaged in the legal use of the weapon at a duly licensed firing range, or while
transporting the weapon in compliance with United States Code, title 18, section 926A;

Depending on how this plays out, this goes against the 4th Amendment.
mecra

Postby vingrjoe on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 pm

mecra wrote:
MJY65 wrote:There actually is a grandfather clause for “Assault weapons”. Plenty of bad to go with it, though.

What number is that clause in? Oh I see it. It starts up where the inspection part comes in.

Subd. 5. Registration of assault weapons. (a) A person who legally owned or possessed
an assault weapon before February 1, 2018, and who desires to keep ownership or possession
of the weapon shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) submit to a background check conducted by the chief of police of the municipality
in which the person resides, or if there is no police department the sheriff of the county in
which the person resides, to confirm the person is not prohibited from possessing a firearm
under state or federal law; and
(2) unless the person is currently prohibited by law from possessing a firearm,
immediately register the weapon with the appropriate law enforcement agency.
(b) A person described in paragraph (a) shall comply with all of the following:
(1) safely and securely store the assault weapon pursuant to the regulations adopted by
the appropriate law enforcement agency;
(2) agree to allow the agency to inspect the storage of the weapon to ensure compliance
with this subdivision;
(3) annually renew the registration, subject to the completion of a new background check;
(4) possess the weapon only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person,
or while engaged in the legal use of the weapon at a duly licensed firing range, or while
transporting the weapon in compliance with United States Code, title 18, section 926A;

Depending on how this plays out, this goes against the 4th Amendment.

And the 2nd Amendment !
vingrjoe

Postby vingrjoe on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 pm

I wonder what the heck is wrong with these people (like Slocum) that push this crap ? Is it merely tyrants are gonna tyrant ?

I guess I know better, it's just the fallen nature of man;one sin which is to be able to control others and get rid of those that disagree with their worldview.
vingrjoe

Postby Ghost on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 pm

vingrjoe wrote:I wonder what the heck is wrong with these people (like Slocum) that push this crap ? Is it merely tyrants are gonna tyrant ?

I guess I know better, it's just the fallen nature of man;one sin which is to be able to control others and get rid of those that disagree with their worldview.

What you are seeing is they can’t control themselves. They have no respect for anyone. They promote civil unrest and would rather go scorched earth than try to be (not that this is possible) reasonable.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:37 am

I see they didn't go after PTC. So if folks have a permit to carry, will that constitute we are able to own a assault weapon? Or will there be a completely different back ground check and waste more tax payers money?
Bearcatrp

Postby MJY65 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:30 am

^^^^^

You know, that's part of my gripe with the whole thing.

I'm not saying we want to go to an Illinois style FOID card, but maybe something like it. If a person has a CCW they've already passed the checks. Why is another one needed? For that matter, if I've gone through the process to get a CBP Global Entry card, they've already run every conceivable check on me and I've sat for an interview with an agent. Why do I need another year of BS to buy a suppressor?
MJY65

Next

Return to Politics