It begins: HF3022

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: It begins: HF3022

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm

They left because they don’t want this bill that will get shut down because it’s a knee jerk reaction instead of a bill that’s been thoroughly checked against any laws that would make it unconstitutional. From reading the bill, just about the entire bill is unconstitutional.
I see on the news the she is getting death threats. No reason for this crap. Gives us a black eye.

I know another way they could probable get away with and apply it to either just AR’s or semi’s. I won’t post it fearing they get wind of it but pm me if you want and can tell you. Fairly simple. Am surprised it hasn’t been suggested yet though. It would be at the federal level.
Bearcatrp

Re: It begins: HF3022

Postby mrp on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:11 pm

bstrawse wrote:
mrp wrote:
mecra wrote:Forced gun registry, and that is all publicly available so everyone will know what guns you actually own

I need some help on this one. This is in the bill:

Section 1. Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 13.87, subdivision 2, is amended to read:
Subd. 2. Firearms data. All data pertaining to the purchase or transfer of firearms, the
possession of assault weapons, and applications for permits to carry firearms which that are
collected by government entities pursuant to sections 624.712 to 624.719 are private, pursuant
to section 13.02, subdivision 12
data on individuals.

note: I have not highlighted additions to the text, but have noted proposed deletions by making them red.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=13.02

13.02 says that "private data on individuals" means:

§Subd. 12.Private data on individuals. "Private data on individuals" are data made by statute or federal law applicable to the data: (a) not public; and (b) accessible to the individual subject of those data.

If I'm reading that correctly, you can get a copy of your own record, but nobody else can. Is that right?

Does the deletion of the reference to 13.02 in the bill mean that they are going to try and redefine "private data on individuals" to mean what they want it to mean, and that it'll mean the data is public, or am I misunderstanding this entirely.

Thanks in advance.

This will make all data held by government about gun owners public.

All data - the registrations, your permits, etc.

Thanks Brian,

Is there a more in-depth write-up on this somewhere? I'm still not seeing how it makes everything public.
mrp

Previous

Return to Politics