Linda Slocum

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Linda Slocum

Postby ijosef on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:21 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I think it has to do with what level membership you have. I get some mailings, mostly for insurance and other services exclusive to members, as a lifetime member but not much else.

I’m a basic lifetime member as well and I used to get called once every few weeks or so. Now, it’s down to the mailings just like you get.
ijosef

Postby Uffdaphil on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:02 pm

I upped my lifetime to endowment a couple of years ago and got a promose to not call anymore. So far, so good. I don’t mind mailings and still contribute when a purchase checkout has that option.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby BigBlue on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Ghost wrote:Why didn't you just go life when it was $300?

I wish I would have gotten in when life was $300. But back then money was tight and it wasn't in the cards. Now it is up to something like $600 on 'sale' and at that price I'll just keep doing annual for a while yet.
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:38 pm

I got a solicitation that I didn't look at very closely to up my Lifetime to Endowment for a discount - I can't recall what the discounted number was.

Finances are tight right now with what I have going on, so it's not in the cards for me. I will still contribute as I can but probably not until later in the year when things settle down.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:57 am

Yeah, I think as long as you've been a member for a consecutive 5 years you can vote.

Why didn't you just go life when it was $300?

I prefer to buy life memberships instead of simply giving money to the NRA. I'm working through my family now that I've hit benefactor.

I should have done the Lifetime Membership years ago. But, I just never gave it enough thought. I'll be 60 this year, and still have another 2 years of membership remaining. I don't know whether I'll go for the Life membership at 62 or not :shock:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 pm

just got an email from Wayne himself saying that if I don't take the offer to upgrade to Endowment member at the paltry discounted sum of $750, I could lose my chance. Might be a good deal, but that is too much for me to bite off right now.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:12 pm

yukonjasper wrote:just got an email from Wayne himself saying that if I don't take the offer to upgrade to Endowment member at the paltry discounted sum of $750, I could lose my chance. Might be a good deal, but that is too much for me to bite off right now.

That is steep, I did it for $300
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Ghost wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:just got an email from Wayne himself saying that if I don't take the offer to upgrade to Endowment member at the paltry discounted sum of $750, I could lose my chance. Might be a good deal, but that is too much for me to bite off right now.[/quote
That is steep, I did it for $300

I did that too. I recently got an offer for a $1200 discounted price of $300 for Benefactor.

YJ: might you be misreading the offer? The email I got could be misconstrued if hurriedly read. Plus my offer has been extended 9 more days.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:23 pm

That's why I'm asking you to upgrade your NRA Life membership to the Endowment Member level - and do it TODAY.

To thank you for your past support, I've reserved a $750 discount for you - plus NRA's exclusive Rangeland Jacket - a $119.95 value - in your choice of sizes. In fact, you can lock in this discount and gift with a contribution of just $25 today... click here for full details!
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05 pm

yukonjasper wrote:That's why I'm asking you to upgrade your NRA Life membership to the Endowment Member level - and do it TODAY.

To thank you for your past support, I've reserved a $750 discount for you - plus NRA's exclusive Rangeland Jacket - a $119.95 value - in your choice of sizes. In fact, you can lock in this discount and gift with a contribution of just $25 today... click here for full details!

That is almost verbatim the message I got (said $1200 discount) Is the non-discounted price $1500? I would think it’s less.
I had to read into the message on the linked page to see the actual price of $300 for Benefactor level.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd9 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:11 pm

yukonjasper wrote:That's why I'm asking you to upgrade your NRA Life membership to the Endowment Member level - and do it TODAY.

This is what its showing me:

NRA PATRIOT LIFE MEMBER – Endowment level $250 payment in full
YOUR GIFT: NRA Rangeland Jacket – $119.95 value!

OR

NRA PATRIOT LIFE MEMBER – Endowment level $25 Installment Payment
YOUR GIFT: NRA Rangeland Jacket – $119.95 value!
Please lock in my $750 savings, bill me $25 monthly for the $225 balance of my dues,
and send my credentials and Rangeland Jacket when my payments are complete.

OR

I cannot become a Endowment Life Member today
but I'm proud to make a special contribution in the amount of:
$50 , $100
YOUR GIFT: NRA .50 Caliber Bottle Opener (See Details)
xd9

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:14 pm

You are right. $250 by 3-16.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Previous

Return to Politics