Linda Slocum

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Linda Slocum

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
INOR wrote:https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/06/death-threat-allegedly-called-in-to-office-mn-lawmaker-who-sponsored-gun-control-bill/

So we go from Slocum receiving a death threat to her top aid thinking he heard a death threat.

Nothing to see here, just more political theater.

Is this the same aide that told be 2 weeks ago that the bill she was sponsoring had "nothing to do with gun control". I don't know that I would believe much from her aide.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:
INOR wrote:https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/06/death-threat-allegedly-called-in-to-office-mn-lawmaker-who-sponsored-gun-control-bill/

So we go from Slocum receiving a death threat to her top aid thinking he heard a death threat.

Nothing to see here, just more political theater.

Is this the same aide that told be 2 weeks ago that the bill she was sponsoring had "nothing to do with gun control". I don't know that I would believe much from her aide.

Where you nice to them? Did the cops talk with you?
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Ghost wrote:Where you nice to them? Did the cops talk with you?

I tried to be nice. In fact I felt like I was downright pleasant. I have been told I can have an abrasive personality though so their is that.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Probably because they see there friends who are members and telling them the NRA keeps asking for more money after joining. I get a request about every week. Sure they may need it but dam, once a month would be fine by me.

I keep hearing that but I hardly ever get solicitations from them. Maybe a call a year and 2-3 mailers. Wonder what the difference is?

BB
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 am

I think it has to do with what level membership you have. I get some mailings, mostly for insurance and other services exclusive to members, as a lifetime member but not much else.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 am

yukonjasper wrote:I think it has to do with what level membership you have. I get some mailings, mostly for insurance and other services exclusive to members, as a lifetime member but not much else.

I'm benefactor level and I do get quite a few calls for money, maybe once every two months.
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:27 am

yukonjasper wrote:I think it has to do with what level membership you have. I get some mailings, mostly for insurance and other services exclusive to members, as a lifetime member but not much else.

That has been my experience, too.
MJY65

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:20 pm

MJY65 wrote:

That has been my experience, too.

Ditto
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby BigBlue on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Ghost wrote:

I'm benefactor level and I do get quite a few calls for money, maybe once every two months.

Since I'm an annual member that pays for 2 or 3 years at a time I guess that seems like the way to go vs. life membership if they are bugging life members more.
BigBlue

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:26 pm

I do 4 years at a time. Its almost every week I get something in the mail to upgrade or donate.
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Are you guys, that aren’t lifers, able to vote?
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Ghost wrote:Are you guys, that aren’t lifers, able to vote?

I think I've received voting materials in the past, but not for years, I don't think.
BigBlue

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 pm

I'm not a "lifer" but have been a member since 1979. I usually renew for 4 yrs at a time. I just sent in my voting ballot about 6 weeks (or so) ago.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:39 pm

BigDog58 wrote:I'm not a "lifer" but have been a member since 1979. I usually renew for 4 yrs at a time. I just sent in my voting ballot about 6 weeks (or so) ago.

Yeah, I think as long as you've been a member for a consecutive 5 years you can vote.

Why didn't you just go life when it was $300?

I prefer to buy life memberships instead of simply giving money to the NRA. I'm working through my family now that I've hit benefactor.
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 am

They do the 5 consecutive year thing to stop someone like Bloomberg from buying a million memberships at $25 each and then controlling the board. They also have some by-law that a board members candidacy can be dismissed by Wayne. Also to avoid a hostile takeover.

I bought my life membership 4 years ago for $500. I pay $100 per year. I’m in my last year now. Before that I was a year to year member. I upped my membership in the year after Sandy Hook.
Randygmn

PreviousNext

Return to Politics