Linda Slocum

Firearms related political discussion forum

Linda Slocum

Postby goett047 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:40 pm

I believe she has been the recipient of much vitriol. I also believe she thinks it’s politically expedient to play it up for the cameras. If she wants us to believe that she was actually threatened she needs to go through the proper legal channels. We don’t actually have to believe all self-proclaimed “victims.”

The flip side of the coin is that she deserves a very strong response to her bill. It effectively strips multiple civil liberties from a large percentage of the population. That’s not something to oppose lightly. That’s something to be vehemently opposed.
goett047

Re: Linda Slocum

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 pm

I don't disagree, however, do we all know where the line is for how vehemently we need to protest? What speech is beyond the point of being useful and constructive. There enough idiots out there who don't know how to communicate and are passionate enough to disregard basic human restraint and decorum. I am constantly reminded that the average IQ is 100. Unfortunately, statistics would support that at least half of those dim wits are "on my side".
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby MJY65 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:01 pm

yukonjasper wrote: There enough idiots out there who don't know how to communicate and are passionate enough to disregard basic human restraint and decorum.

Most of us have had the unfortunate experience of running into the gun show scholar who can't manage to find soap and water, but regales you with interpretations from his handy Pocket Constitution. I don't think it helps our cause.
MJY65

Postby INOR on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:41 pm

There are jackasses everywhere. I agree that we don't need those people on our side.
INOR

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 pm

INOR wrote:There are jackasses everywhere. I agree that we don't need those people on our side.

I’d prefer they just send in checks to organizations that are working for our interests. We do need the numbers.

Once the NRA has 70 million voting members we can cull some of the "pocket constitutionalists".
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Ghost wrote:I’d prefer they just send in checks to organizations that are working for our interests. We do need the numbers.

No kidding. I know that some guys are looking for the Goldilocks 2A organization, but the NRA is what we have. Why are there supposedly 100 million gun owners in America and only 5 million NRA members? These guys claim to be willing to fight a civil war but won't send a check. Sure you will.
MJY65

Postby silvor on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:27 pm

yukonjasper wrote:The results are the same. She mentioned that she got a phone call and an email from the same guy and would press charges if it happened again.

I don't get this. If the guy threatened her twice, and he's really a threat, why not press charges now?

Didn't someone pretending to be Joel Rosenberg send some vicious emails to the Dems when the carry bill was first being voted on?
silvor

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:39 pm

MJY65 wrote:
Ghost wrote:I’d prefer they just send in checks to organizations that are working for our interests. We do need the numbers.

No kidding. I know that some guys are looking for the Goldilocks 2A organization, but the NRA is what we have. Why are there supposedly 100 million gun owners in America and only 5 million NRA members? These guys claim to be willing to fight a civil war but won't send a check. Sure you will.

Probably because they see there friends who are members and telling them the NRA keeps asking for more money after joining. I get a request about every week. Sure they may need it but dam, once a month would be fine by me.
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
MJY65 wrote:

Probably because they see there friends who are members and telling them the NRA keeps asking for more money after joining. I get a request about every week. Sure they may need it but dam, once a month would be fine by me.

I don’t get anything other than the gun raffle ones in the mail and the occasional call for money.
Ghost

Postby INOR on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:59 pm

INOR

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:24 pm

INOR wrote:https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/06/death-threat-allegedly-called-in-to-office-mn-lawmaker-who-sponsored-gun-control-bill/

Seems legit

Screen name?
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
MJY65 wrote:

It’s annoying, but telemarketers seem to be a fact of modern life. At least the NRA does more for us than the dang siding salesmen.
MJY65

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:20 pm

INOR wrote:https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/06/death-threat-allegedly-called-in-to-office-mn-lawmaker-who-sponsored-gun-control-bill/

So we go from Slocum receiving a death threat to her top aid thinking he heard a death threat.

Nothing to see here, just more political theater.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

Nothing to see here, just more political theater.

Yep. Making crap up to push her cause!
Bearcatrp

Linda Slocum

Postby goett047 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Ghost wrote:
INOR wrote:There are jackasses everywhere. I agree that we don't need those people on our side.

I’d prefer they just send in checks to organizations that are working for our interests. We do need the numbers.

Once the NRA has 70 million voting members we can cull some of the "pocket constitutionalists".

This. Their money spends the same as anyone else’s. We need the numbers. If you’re not a member now is the time to join.
goett047

PreviousNext

Return to Politics