Linda Slocum

Firearms related political discussion forum

Linda Slocum

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Watching a news story about her being threatened, this makes me very sad that there are people out there who resort to intimidation. Why do people have to be so ignorant. Do they realize that they really aren't making any statement other than gun owners are violent and stupid. I hope anyone making those threats is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It isn't lost on me that if the antis want to continue to stir up negative public opinion, they would pray for just this sort of ignorance.

If this is you, get off my side and grow up you worthless pile of ignorance.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Linda Slocum

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Agreed but maybe it was them
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Or Russian Bots.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Twanna Brawley(sp?) was my first thought.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Is it verified, or is she using a claim to make her case?
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 pm

She did a TV interview and stated it on the news. She could be lying but I'm more inclined to accept that some dips hit redneck moron did it than I would her going forward with an easy to trace lie.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby usnret on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:13 am

She is probably embellishing the story just a bit so it sounds good and believable.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby Randygmn on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 am

Unless there’s independent law enforcement corroboration, I’d believe absolutely nothing that she says, other than that she’s hungry.

And, as passionate as I am about my rights, I agree with the OP that such intimidation would be both unwelcome and unfortunate.
Randygmn

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:15 am

I've no doubt legislators deal with death threats. I'm also sure a lot of those claims are nothing but political theater.

I can't help but think of Nancy Pelosi and her cadre parading through a Tea Party protest, laughing it up and later claiming racial slurs and other threats were hurled at them.
IIRC, Brightbart offered $200K to anyone who could provide video proof, none came forward.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BigBlue on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 am

I don't doubt the threat came in. But I'll bet real money an anti left it as a way to make gun owners look bad. They are not above that.
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:05 am

The results are the same. She mentioned that she got a phone call and an email from the same guy and would press charges if it happened again.

I guess I believe that there is a segment of gun owners who are that rabid. I have seen glimpses of that rage displayed here on this board.

I am disappointed that the public discourse has sunk to a level where this would not be shocking.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 am

yukonjasper wrote:The results are the same. She mentioned that she got a phone call and an email from the same guy and would press charges if it happened again.

I guess I believe that there is a segment of gun owners who are that rabid. I have seen glimpses of that rage displayed here on this board.

I am disappointed that the public discourse has sunk to a level where this would not be shocking.

To me, the somewhat shocking aspect of this is that someone takes her seriously enough to engage her.
But perhaps that speaks to the mind of the perpetrator, if in fact it was an opponent of her bill.

Whoever did it should be punished.

This makes us look bad
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 am

Agreed, it makes us look bad.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 am

yukonjasper wrote:The results are the same. She mentioned that she got a phone call and an email from the same guy and would press charges if it happened again.

I still don’t believe her. And I have no confidence that she can differentiate what a threat is, since nowadays, liberals say that hate speech is violence, that complimenting a woman is sexual assault and that touching a woman’s shoulder is rape. But, in the unlikely event it did happen, then the idiot deserves to get caught after sending an email, which is imminently traceable. Moron.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 am

yukonjasper wrote:I have seen glimpses of that rage displayed here on this board.

I thought the same thing.
Ghost

Next

Return to Politics