Is there a Rally at State capitol March 31st 2018

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Is there a Rally at State capitol March 31st 2018

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:36 am

As long as nothing stupid happened, anything to show support is a good thing. Don’t think carrying on open AR was a good idea. But, to each there own. I’ll be going to the end of this months rally. Hoping we have 10x the people show up.
Bearcatrp

Postby Citiot on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:08 am

It's sorta bad because the antis are mocking the low turnout and how "interesting" the ones look with AR15s strapped to their backs.

20k "March for Bloomberg" vs the 1K "fooled by the Iowa fraudsters" The low turnout Saturday is emboldening the antis.

I'm going with my kids to the legit one on the 28th... wearing a tie, and my pistol carefully concealed.
Citiot

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:22 am

Ok, got it so this is bad but Ted Nugent opening his mouth is a good thing?

I think the AR guy has a bit more class than old uncle poopy pants.
Holland&Holland

Postby Citiot on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:40 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Ok, got it so this is bad but Ted Nugent opening his mouth is a good thing?

Ah.... Ted Noise. Yes, he's an idiot.

We need more "and I carry" type campaigns to sway the middle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h4ZtouvCOE
Citiot

Postby Ghost on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:02 am

Citiot wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Ok, got it so this is bad but Ted Nugent opening his mouth is a good thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h4ZtouvCOE

I haven't seen that before.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:53 am

I wish everybody who keeps saying "stop the in-fighting and leave MGR alone, we're all in this together" would realized that it is MGR itself that is dividing and weakening pro-gun forces. They take money and energy from well-intended citizens and funnel it only into their own pockets. Nothing useful from a gun rights perspective comes from them. If they didn't exist and all of their members supported one of the groups that truly fights for our rights we would be stronger. So no, ripping on MGR is not dividing us it is attempting to unite us.

And, as said above, having a tiny turnout (other news reports said 'hundreds', not 1000) and having people there with ARs that just support the media-driven stereotype of 'gun nuts' really does nothing for our cause. Professional, passionate, logical, factual, responsible, and courteous supporters will be far more beneficial.

Please tell everyone you know about the April 28th rally!
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:03 am

BigBlue wrote:I wish everybody who keeps saying "stop the in-fighting and leave MGR alone, we're all in this together" would realized that it is MGR itself that is dividing and weakening pro-gun forces. They take money and energy from well-intended citizens and funnel it only into their own pockets. Nothing useful from a gun rights perspective comes from them. If they didn't exist and all of their members supported one of the groups that truly fights for our rights we would be stronger. So no, ripping on MGR is not dividing us it is attempting to unite us.

And, as said above, having a tiny turnout (other news reports said 'hundreds', not 1000) and having people there with ARs that just support the media-driven stereotype of 'gun nuts' really does nothing for our cause. Professional, passionate, logical, factual, responsible, and courteous supporters will be far more beneficial.

Please tell everyone you know about the April 28th rally!

Your statement implies that if they showed up at this rally they will not show up on the 28th. Not sure that is reality. Look, I get that they are a scammer group and this was just a stunt, my point is there are plenty of "stunts" going around. It is really that big of a deal?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:09 am

Ghost wrote:
Citiot wrote:

I haven't seen that before.

***fixed youtube link

Yesterday's rally was at best an echo chamber for a small group of people.
One must ask what was the goal of planning such an event?

For simplicity's sake-
assume 15% is hardcore, unmovable pro gun people who won't be swayed
assume the same about the antis;
that puts 70% of the population in the middle, with varying degrees of 'suggestibility'...for lack of a better term.
Does anyone think tactical tommy brought over any of that 70%?
Ted Nugent does have his moments - vocal anti drug messages..., bet he's given the media enough to throw out about himself, that I'm not sure he's an overall positive.

While I wouldn't wish for her to become a political pawn,
Dakota Overland would be a much better 'face-in-the-crowd' shot for garnering attention, interest, and support.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigBlue on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:50 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Your statement implies that if they showed up at this rally they will not show up on the 28th. Not sure that is reality. Look, I get that they are a scammer group and this was just a stunt, my point is there are plenty of "stunts" going around. It is really that big of a deal?

Hard to tell if someone is dedicated enough to come to multiple rallies. If they are then great. For any that aren't then their investment has effectively been squandered. My main point is that people who are well informed can make good decisions. As evidenced by various FB posts and stuff here there are a lot of people who don't understand the scam that MGR is so getting that info out there is a good thing. Let folks make their own decision. Some will choose to support any and every group they see and some will focus on the ones they feel have the best chance of being effective. More information is never a bad thing.

BB
BigBlue

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:02 am

Reading mgr's Facebook page, and some of the postings, I am left believing many (at least of those who post there) are of a mindset they are the true crusaders, and the others...NRA, et al, have compromised and sold out.... they wear their small numbers as a badge of honor; much more of the tone and appearance of a cult following than anyone I've encountered at other rallies.
It's not terribly difficult to imagine how they came to such beliefs.
If the posts are authentic, some went to fair bit of inconvenience to get there; traveling across the state, looking to carpool, etc.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Previous

Return to Politics