Former Supreme Court Justice: Repeal the Second Amendment

Firearms related political discussion forum

Former Supreme Court Justice: Repeal the Second Amendment

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:41 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 461672002/
Its starting to get serious now. You let this happen and the rest of the amendments will be fair game to. Friggin idiots don't see the problem of such an action. This is one hole no one should start to dig.
Bearcatrp

Re: Former Supreme Court Justice: Repeal the Second Amendment

Postby MJY65 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:52 am

I'd rather have them waste their time going this direction. Should keep them occupied for a few decades before failure. If they succeed, at least they've done it the right way. We can disagree with the objective, but the Constitution would have been followed.
MJY65

Postby jdege on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:55 am

The Supreme Court is not the last arbiter of the Constitution.

Roger B. Taney
jdege

Postby Jack's My dog on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:59 am

Sour Grapes from Justice Stevens? I think they would still need to address the 9th and the 14th if the pulled of the repeal of the 2nd. Bringing the 9th and 14th amendment into the firearms rights conversation is great way to watch people's heads explode.

This is worth the read if you have time.

http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1788&context=fss_papers Self described liberal Harvard Lawyer who is scared of guns observation on how Stevens got Heller wrong.
Jack's My dog

Postby rtk on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Isn't he around 98 years old? That could explain a lot....just saying.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby rust on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:17 pm

John Paul Stevens the old fool should just shut the F up.

I am sure he's OK with killing millions of unborn babies via abortion.

When the left don't like the constitution, they want to get rid of it. Teach your kids well, don't let them grow up to be a liberal. That's the first step to make America great again.
rust

Postby Back In Black on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:57 am

Keith
Back In Black

Postby rust on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Back In Black wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/28/us/politics/trump-second-amendment.html

Don't be so sure. The Second Amendment probably won't be repealed in our life time. Years from now, maybe 200 years, maybe 500 years, if the House and the Senate have enough votes, enough states to go along with it, then it maybe repealed. Who knows, maybe by then they will have enough votes to get the Sharia law in place, and override the President's veto power. Our Constitutions, and the Bill of Rights no more if we don't wake up.
rust

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 pm

I believe a repeal of the 2nd would cause states to succeeed from the Union and we know how that turned out last time.
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:19 pm

At least Stevens is intellectually honest enough to admit his gun hating bias and what it would take to implement the left's anti agenda.

If this country ever gets to the point that there's enough votes to repeal the 2nd Amendment, repealing the rest of the Constitution won't be far behind.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:22 pm

Interesting that this came up on Rush Limbaugh today. His theory is that the progressives are tipping their hand to the real end game of the scary black rifle ban. He linked in the assault Marco Rubio has been under and pointed out that Rubio has consented to work with the anti crowd on a compromise and they are still attacking him. His theory is that the Left doesn't want a compromise, they want a total ban - hand in your weapons and they think the teenager marches are giving the cause more momentum than they have ever had before -strike while the iron is hot.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby rust on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Starting by CVS banning all the gun magazines. Has anyone been to Barnes and Noble and see if the gun magazines still on the shelves?
rust

Postby jdege on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Ghost wrote:I believe a repeal of the 2nd would cause states to succeeed from the Union and we know how that turned out last time.

I'm not the only person here, I think, who considers the ratification of the Constitution as whole to have been contingent upon the passage of a Bill of Rights. A Repeal of any part of the BoR is tantamount to repealing the entire thing.
jdege

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 pm

jdege wrote:
Ghost wrote:I believe a repeal of the 2nd would cause states to succeeed from the Union and we know how that turned out last time.

I'm not the only person here, I think, who considers the ratification of the Constitution as whole to have been contingent upon the passage of a Bill of Rights. A Repeal of any part of the BoR is tantamount to repealing the entire thing.

I don’t think it’s remotely possible at this time. But I’m with you.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:43 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Interesting that this came up on Rush Limbaugh today. His theory is that the progressives are tipping their hand to the real end game of the scary black rifle ban. He linked in the assault Marco Rubio has been under and pointed out that Rubio has consented to work with the anti crowd on a compromise and they are still attacking him. His theory is that the Left doesn't want a compromise, they want a total ban - hand in your weapons and they think the teenager marches are giving the cause more momentum than they have ever had before -strike while the iron is hot.

I think I agree with that theory. And at this point they can't take it back. I hope this is the turning point that kills any realistic gun control traction and pushes the country to actually look at root causes (people and society) and cab get folks Worthing together toward a real solution to violent behavior.
BigBlue

Next

Return to Politics