Employer Based Charitible Giving

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 am

I was searching my Corporate "Giving" site today to see if I could set up MNGOPAC or GOCRA on an every paycheck donation program similar to some other charities I support. Some of those are matched by the Corporation and others are not. I found it interesting that A) I wasn't able to get either of those entities to show up on my list to be populated - please send the EIN numbers so I can try to enter them into the system and B) Groups like the ACLU are listed as available for donations.

I wonder if the donations to the ACLU are matched - I'd have to donate to find out. - I'm sure the ACLU will be coming to the rescue on 2nd Amendment protections pretty quick - you know - when they get caught up on all the other stuff they are working on...............(SARCASM) :roll:

Although I don't have smoking gun yet, I hope I am wrong and I'll be able to donate to the causes I wish to donate to and not be blocked. I do realize that by doing this, that I am raising my hand in the Corporate Environment as a gun owner, but everyone I work with knows I am an outdoorsman, hunter and fisherman, so it will not come as a surprise.

Any of the other Corporate Weenies out there running into the same issues?

Edited to add: A quick search revealed a number of 1st Amendment oriented groups, but no 2nd Amendment groups listed.....HMMM :hmm:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Employer Based Charitible Giving

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:21 am

yukonjasper wrote:I was searching my Corporate "Giving" site today to see if I could set up MNGOPAC or GOCRA on an every paycheck donation program similar to some other charities I support. Some of those are matched by the Corporation and others are not. I found it interesting that A) I wasn't able to get either of those entities to show up on my list to be populated - please send the EIN numbers so I can try to enter them into the system and B) Groups like the ACLU are listed as available for donations.

I wonder if the donations to the ACLU are matched - I'd have to donate to find out. - I'm sure the ACLU will be coming to the rescue on 2nd Amendment protections pretty quick - you know - when they get caught up on all the other stuff they are working on...............(SARCASM) :roll:

Although I don't have smoking gun yet, I hope I am wrong and I'll be able to donate to the causes I wish to donate to and not be blocked. I do realize that by doing this, that I am raising my hand in the Corporate Environment as a gun owner, but everyone I work with knows I am an outdoorsman, hunter and fisherman, so it will not come as a surprise.

Any of the other Corporate Weenies out there running into the same issues?

Edited to add: A quick search revealed a number of 1st Amendment oriented groups, but no 2nd Amendment groups listed.....HMMM :hmm:

I believe a PAC is not allowed to be a charitable contribution, but I could be wrong. Check your IRS rules.
Holland&Holland

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:03 pm

GOCRA is on my company's list but as H&H said it is not tax deductible
gun_fan111v2

Postby bstrawse on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

The Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund is a IRS 501C3 and should be available on a list as it is a charitable organization.

Here's the EIN: 81-2511596

The Support Fund is affiliated w/ the MN Gun Owners Caucus & PAC, has the same board, but restricts its activities to education and non-political work.

You can make a tax-deductible donation directly at https://www.gunowners.mn/support_fund_donation
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:GOCRA is on my company's list but as H&H said it is not tax deductible

GOCRA & The MN Gun Owners Caucus are 501c4 advocacy organizations == not tax deductible.

MNGOPAC is a Political Fund / PAC == not tax deductible

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:12 pm

bstrawse wrote:The Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund is a IRS 501C3 and should be available on a list as it is a charitable organization.

The Support Fund is affiliated w/ the MN Gun Owners Caucus & PAC, has the same board, but restricts its activities to education and non-political work.

You can make a tax-deductible donation directly at https://www.gunowners.mn/support_fund_donation

Done, Donation on its way with matching funds from my employer.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Nice job
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 am

yukonjasper wrote:
bstrawse wrote:The Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund is a IRS 501C3 and should be available on a list as it is a charitable organization.

Done, Donation on its way with matching funds from my employer.

Thanks for your support!
Bryan
bstrawse

Return to Politics