Oliver North named president of the National Rifle Associati

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Oliver North named president of the National Rifle Associati

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 am

I think he was the fall guy. For what it's worth. That was acknowledged with the subsequent action to vacate and reverse those charges. The left will crow about the legality, ethics etc.- that is a gift of distraction that will be fully exploited. One of the few things he liberals are great are obfuscation of facts and distraction from real issues.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bessy on Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am

yukonjasper wrote:I think he was the fall guy. For what it's worth. That was acknowledged with the subsequent action to vacate and reverse those charges. The left will crow about the legality, ethics etc.- that is a gift of distraction that will be fully exploited. One of the few things he liberals are great are obfuscation of facts and distraction from real issues.

Ethics are not a distraction. There were plenty of palatable candidates on the ticket. You need to realize that politics isn't a team sport. If we continue to excuse the poor behavior of people to advance our agenda we will be left drowning in a cesspool of our own making. It doesn't do you any good to get everything you want if you compromise your integrity in the process.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 08, 2018 11:47 am

Paleeassse, we are talking about politics here. We aren't going to get any saints to sign up for the pounding you get. I understand the beauty of principled leadership and ethical conduct, but I'm realistic enough to know that most if not all people on this planet are not "clean" and there isn't something in their past they wouldn't do better or differently. Any well reasoned, rational, decent person will decline the muck drag that comes with high profile positions where the politics are a key factor. Would you consider Mr. Brownell one of the squeaky clean candidates? For the most part, anyone charismatic enough to fill the bill will most likely not have a flawless past. Surviving the weight of charges and scandal is its own training ground for dealing with adversarial media and politicians.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue May 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Oliver North took the fall to protect regan and bush. But they made sure he didn’t go to prison. Still, doing what he did stained the military officer ethics. Have severed under multiple 2 star generals and colonels working for them when I was a E4. I remember the comments from them when this went down. None good. He may be a figure head but something tells me we are about to see a shift in policy from the NRA. And we are not going to like it.
Bearcatrp

Previous

Return to Politics