https://www.compuserve.com/news/story/0002/20180912/KCN1LS2I5_1

Judge strikes down 95-year-old California ban on storefront handgun ads
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Re: minor but it all helps

Postby BigBlue on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Wow, common sense spoken. Weird.

"The government may not restrict speech that persuades adults, who are neither criminals nor suffer from mental illness, from purchasing a legal and constitutionally-protected product, merely because it distrusts their personality trait and the decisions that personality trait may lead them to make later down the road," the judge wrote.
BigBlue

minor but it all helps

Postby dismal on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Not sure what is more surprising, this decision, or that Compuserve is still around.
dismal

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:48 pm

^^^^^^this^^^^^^ :lol:
Was thinking the same thing.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:12 pm

dismal wrote:Not sure what is more surprising, this decision, or that Compuserve is still around.

LoL
Ghost

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:41 am

Technically CS really isn't around but still have CS email address. AOL bought them out a long time ago when they where still charging to use AOL but Compuserve was already free. They allowed all CS users to keep the addresses and remain free. Really all that remains of cserve as everything is just a ink to netscape or AOL stuff with a cserve heading attached.

xxxxx@compuserve.com
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Ghost on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 am

LarryFlew wrote:Technically CS really isn't around but still have CS email address. AOL bought them out a long time ago when they where still charging to use AOL but Compuserve was already free. They allowed all CS users to keep the addresses and remain free. Really all that remains of cserve as everything is just a ink to netscape or AOL stuff with a cserve heading attached.

xxxxx@compuserve.com

Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:34 am

BigBlue wrote:Wow, common sense spoken. Weird.

"The government may not restrict speech that persuades adults, who are neither criminals nor suffer from mental illness, from purchasing a legal and constitutionally-protected product, merely because it distrusts their personality trait and the decisions that personality trait may lead them to make later down the road," the judge wrote.

Especially because it directly flies in the face of progressive ideology- namely that all problems are ultimately systemic, institutional problems; and that therefore all solutions must ultimately be systemic, institutional solutions. For example:

Problem- Naked, screaming maniac on bath salts with butcher knife breaks into your home in the middle of the night:

Conservative solution- shoot him.

Progressive solution- call the experts skilled in talking down screaming maniacs and/or restraining them with the least violence possible, who will take him to where he'll get the care he needs. Meanwhile, address why society doesn't have enough education and assistance programs so that people will stop taking bath salts and becoming naked screaming maniacs.

:roll:

Seriously, I sometimes wonder how much longer the very idea of law and justice will continue when no one is held to be personally responsible for their behavior anymore.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:44 am

Lumpy wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Wow, common sense spoken. Weird.

Especially because it directly flies in the face of progressive ideology- namely that all problems are ultimately systemic, institutional problems; and that therefore all solutions must ultimately be systemic, institutional solutions. For example:

Problem- Naked, screaming maniac on bath salts with butcher knife breaks into your home in the middle of the night:

Conservative solution- shoot him.

Progressive solution- call the experts skilled in talking down screaming maniacs and/or restraining them with the least violence possible, who will take him to where he'll get the care he needs. Meanwhile, address why society doesn't have enough education and assistance programs so that people will stop taking bath salts and becoming naked screaming maniacs.

:roll:

Seriously, I sometimes wonder how much longer the very idea of law and justice will continue when no one is held to be personally responsible for their behavior anymore.

Progressive position: It is Trumps Fault. He likely invested in bath salt stocks.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Lumpy wrote:Seriously, I sometimes wonder how much longer the very idea of law and justice will continue when no one is held to be personally responsible for their behavior anymore.

Which is why 'they' are pushing society in that direction. Yes, I know that sounds like a conspiracy theory. But there are beginning to be too many pieces of the puzzle that all fit to ignore the fact that something/somehow/someone is steering this bus to the cliff.
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 pm

BigBlue wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Seriously, I sometimes wonder how much longer the very idea of law and justice will continue when no one is held to be personally responsible for their behavior anymore.

Which is why 'they' are pushing society in that direction. Yes, I know that sounds like a conspiracy theory. But there are beginning to be too many pieces of the puzzle that all fit to ignore the fact that something/somehow/someone is steering this bus to the cliff.

Law to a progressive is what they think it should be and justice is them getting their way regardless of law or fairness.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
BigBlue wrote:

Law to a progressive is what they think it should be and justice is them getting their way regardless of law or fairness.

Do as I say, not as I do, cause I know better.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:39 pm

Do as I say, say as I say, and give me all your money.
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics