So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Firearms related political discussion forum

So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby lumbering.buffalo on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:16 am

It would not surprise me if we become a lot more like California.
lumbering.buffalo
 
Posts: 313 [View]
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: South of 494 & North of the Mn River

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 am

I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?
sansooshooter
 
Posts: 397 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 am
Location: north of Andover

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 am

sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?

Hope you are
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 8042 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:38 am

If republicans in the senate cave in and not fight, we are really screwed. Am betting nothing will get done for next 2 years in both state and federal level. Lame duck. Quack Quack!
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2142 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby photogpat on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:42 am

sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?


Oh come on. We beat back Paymar and the anti-gunners in 2013 -- and we'll do it again.

I'm joining the MN Gun Owner's Caucus as a sustaining member -- recurring monthly donation....and recommitting to showing up AT the Capitol, and AT my elected reps offices and events.

You should too. Don't buy another box of ammo or dozen mags -- send that money and do the work. Don't leave it to out of state gun control money.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
User avatar
photogpat
 
Posts: 3665 [View]
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 pm
Location: Securely barricaded

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby MJY65 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:07 am

sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?


Oh for cripe sake! Stop that crap!

Dayton had both houses for 2 years and the antis got NOTHING.

Gazelka has already said there is no chance of things like single payer health care or sanctuary state legislation making it through the Senate. Why do you think he'd instantly cave on guns? BTW: What are you planning to sell? You don't even know what laws will be proposed, let alone passed and signed.
MJY65
 
Posts: 1021 [View]
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:35 am

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 am

I certainly hope your gents faith in our republican state senate is justified. Hope I am wrong on new gun control.
I certainly hope the senate holds the line . We shall see .
As far a laws that will be proposed , I would expect Bloomberg's slew of anti gun crap to be put fourth again.
He doesn't pour money into the state democrats coffers without some expectation of return .
Make no mistake gentlemen ! I will as I have done for many years , make phone calls and send e mails to who ever is involved in anti 2A bills .
Last time I can't guess at the # of phone calls and e mails I sent to committee members and the leadership.

As far as selling , Not until I have a better assessment of which way the political winds blow.
After all its hard to part with stuff you have had for a few decades.
sansooshooter
 
Posts: 397 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 am
Location: north of Andover

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby Erud on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 am

sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?


Not sure if I follow your logic here. You believe that more restrictive gun laws will be coming to our state, so you want to preemptively get rid of your guns? Why, so you won't get in trouble for having guns if new laws do get passed? Help me out here.
User avatar
Erud
 
Posts: 2203 [View]
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:31 am
Location: SE Metro

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:47 am

Erud wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?


Not sure if I follow your logic here. You believe that more restrictive gun laws will be coming to our state, so you want to preemptively get rid of your guns? Why, so you won't get in trouble for having guns if new laws do get passed? Help me out here.

See my 2nd post above in this thread.
I believe that the democrats and our new anti gun Governor will sure as hell try to ban most everything I own .
Just got a email from Minnesota Gun owners caucus saying that is their belief too.
I sure as hell am not going to surrender 35 years worth of my life collection to the damn state of Minnesota.

The last go around the democrats tied some pretty hefty fines and jail time to their anti gun bills .
You think they and law enforcement wont prosecute people like us ?
sansooshooter
 
Posts: 397 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 am
Location: north of Andover

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby MJY65 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:06 pm

sansooshooter wrote:I sure as hell am not going to surrender 35 years worth of my life collection to the damn state of Minnesota.

The last go around the democrats tied some pretty hefty fines and jail time to their anti gun bills .
You think they and law enforcement wont prosecute people like us ?


I wouldn't either. If such a law were to pass, you'd have to make a decision about selling out of state or taking your chances. I also think that the writers of any new legislation are certainly aware that their law would come before a 5:4 (or better) SCOTUS and may not survive review.
MJY65
 
Posts: 1021 [View]
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:35 am

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby Erud on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:22 pm

sansooshooter wrote:
Erud wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?


Not sure if I follow your logic here. You believe that more restrictive gun laws will be coming to our state, so you want to preemptively get rid of your guns? Why, so you won't get in trouble for having guns if new laws do get passed? Help me out here.

See my 2nd post above in this thread.
I believe that the democrats and our new anti gun Governor will sure as hell try to ban most everything I own .
Just got a email from Minnesota Gun owners caucus saying that is their belief too.
I sure as hell am not going to surrender 35 years worth of my life collection to the damn state of Minnesota.

The last go around the democrats tied some pretty hefty fines and jail time to their anti gun bills .
You think they and law enforcement wont prosecute people like us ?


Well, they’d have to get those laws passed before anyone will be getting prosecuted. They weren’t able to get anything done when they held both the MN house and senate along with the governor’s mansion, so I’ll be surprised if they can with only 2 out of 3.

At any rate, getting rid of your firearms out of fear that the government may try to take them from you in the future seems like pretty backward thinking to me. If all gun owners were willing to disarm at the mere threat of laws, they wouldn’t even need to pass any.
User avatar
Erud
 
Posts: 2203 [View]
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:31 am
Location: SE Metro

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:26 pm

I’ll take anybody’s unwanted firearms and give them a good home. Just putting that out there. ;)
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 8042 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:39 pm

First off I will fight any new anti gun laws the dems try and pass.
Been doing that for my entire adult life .

Everybody says they will stand their ground on a gun forum . Is that what you are claiming @Erud ?
If so, you can be the test case vs State of Minnesota if they pass their unconstitutional gun laws.
I will donate a few bucks to your legal defense fund.
People from all over the country are rotting in prison after being prosecuted for a unconstitutional gun law.
I have people that I can not abandon , while I sit in a prison cell.

What has happened in the past is just that. The past.
If you really think the political landscape hasn't or isn't changing . I don't know how to help you.
There is a reason Bloomberg continues to target Minnesota .
Last edited by sansooshooter on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sansooshooter
 
Posts: 397 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 am
Location: north of Andover

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby Erud on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:50 pm

sansooshooter wrote:First off I will fight any new anti gun laws the dems try and pass.
Been doing that for my entire adult life .

Everybody says they will stand their ground on a gun forum . Is that what you are claiming @Erud ?
If so you can be the test case vs State of Minnesota if they pass their unconstitutional gun laws.
I will donate a few bucks to your legal defense fund.
People from all over the country are rotting in prison after being prosecuted for a unconstitutional gun law.
I have people that I can not abandon , while I sit in a prison cell.

What has happened in the past is just that. The past.
If you really think the political landscape hasn't or isn't changing . I don't know how to help you.
There is a reason Bloomberg continues to target Minnesota .


Ok, settle down chief. All I said was that it seems weird to me to want to get rid of your guns before anything even happens. They are your property though, and I fully support your right to do whatever you think is best with them.
User avatar
Erud
 
Posts: 2203 [View]
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:31 am
Location: SE Metro

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:15 pm

I get dibs on the scary black ones with the tactical doo hickies ....... :D

JK

Difficult tirn of events to be sure but i don't think it is a good idea to panick. We do need to be vigilant and agressively (in a sane and mayire manner) defend any advances. There will be attempts. I am most concerned with Mr.Ellison. i think the Left has cooked up new waus to wreak havoc with the office of th Attorney General.

Wait and see. Would have been nice to see the tape of the alleged assault prior to the election. Me thinks it got pirchased along with silence from the accuser. It conveniently went away too cleanly. We would have heard if she had been disappeared or Vince Fostered.....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
User avatar
yukonjasper
 
Posts: 4967 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: eagan

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron