So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby Grayskies on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
andrewP wrote:
bstrawse wrote:Walz went from an A rating to an F in two years when he decided to run for Governor. He now supports an "assault weapons" ban, magazine restrictions, and more.

Has he talked at all about why his position on guns shifted so radically?

He's a democrat, his position did not change just the lie he was spreading.

^^^ This ^^^
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:34 am

What are we going to lose? Any hope we had of passing the Hearing Protection Act. :cry:
grimbeaver

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Interesting case I just read about, seemed along the theme of some of this discussion.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/11/acquitted_of_2_murders_syracuse_man_gets_7_years_for_gun_under_couch.html

Jeffrey Bradshaw, 21, has spent more than a year in jail awaiting separate trials in the murders of Zavion Escobar, 15, in October 2015 and Tabarrie Tillie, 31, in summer 2016.

Jeffrey Bradshaw got not guilty verdicts in two murder trials in the past year

But he's never been to prison. That will change after Bradshaw is sentenced in early January to 7 years in prison.

Bradshaw was acquitted by separate juries of the earlier murders. Prosecutors could not put the murder weapon in Bradshaw's hands either time. And his lawyer, Paul Carey, successfully questioned the credibility of witnesses who implicated him.

But Bradshaw was arrested again in August of this year after police raided his Kenmore Avenue house with a search warrant. Inside, they found a P95 Ruger 9mm handgun loaded with the proper ammunition, a live round in the chamber and a magazine in the magazine well, court records said. They also found a box of .380-caliber ammunition in the house, court records said.

Bradshaw almost escaped punishment in that case, too. State law allows someone to possess an otherwise illegal gun in their home.

But not if that person has been convicted of any crime, regardless of how slight.

In Bradshaw's case, he was convicted earlier this year of the misdemeanor of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

That bumped Bradshaw's situation from being innocent of wrongdoing to a possible 15-year prison sentence.

Prosecutor Lauren Phelps wanted Bradshaw to spend 12 years in prison. Judge Thomas J. Miller offered 7 years.
Ghost

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:14 am

I have been talking to friends and co workers who are gun owners .
I have been telling them about Minnesota gun owners caucus and that they need to get real political about being a gun owner.
I have talked about some of the stuff the gun grabbers have proposed in the last couple of sessions .
Most seem to believe that none of it will pass . As it has never passed before and nobody would support those kind of anti gun laws!
I assure them that unless gun owners really make a big effort , that the democrats will pass those laws and make many of us instant felons! Unless we turn over are lawfully obtained firearms.
I know that a few people at my work are now on the MGOC mailing list and that they made phone calls last session.

We all need to spread the word to our casual gun owning friends and family .
I'm sure many of the members here are already on this and have been for a long time!
sansooshooter

Postby bstrawse on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:46 am

sansooshooter wrote:I have been talking to friends and co workers who are gun owners .
I have been telling them about Minnesota gun owners caucus and that they need to get real political about being a gun owner.
I have talked about some of the stuff the gun grabbers have proposed in the last couple of sessions .
Most seem to believe that none of it will pass . As it has never passed before and nobody would support those kind of anti gun laws!
I assure them that unless gun owners really make a big effort , that the democrats will pass those laws and make many of us instant felons! Unless we turn over are lawfully obtained firearms.
I know that a few people at my work are now on the MGOC mailing list and that they made phone calls last session.

I'm sure many of the members here are already on this and have been for a long time!

Thanks for your support!

It's tough to wake people up to the threat when we've been so successful in the past in stopping things from passing.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby sansooshooter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am

bstrawse wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:I have been talking to friends and co workers who are gun owners .

Thanks for your support!

It's tough to wake people up to the threat when we've been so successful in the past in stopping things from passing.

I have seen NRA membership pushed at many gun shops . Which is good . But I don't recall seeing state level organizations memberships literature offered .
Has there been any program offered at point of sale to become a member or to get on the mailing list for state legislative anti gun bills notification .
I mean new gun owners are pretty much clueless as to the level of anti gun control money and legislation that is constantly being poured into the state.

This site use to have way more active user's . I use to come here more often , But now mostly during legislative sessions , for tracking what's going on at the capital.
sansooshooter

Postby sansooshooter on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am

bstrawse wrote:

Thanks for your support!

I have seen NRA membership pushed at many gun shops . Which is good . But I don't recall seeing state level organizations memberships literature offered .
Has there been any program offered at point of sale to become a member or to get on the mailing list for state legislative anti gun bills notification .
I mean new gun owners are pretty much clueless as to the level of anti gun control money and legislation that is constantly being poured into the state.

This site use to have way more active user's . I use to come here more often , But now mostly during legislative sessions , for tracking what's going on at the capital.
sansooshooter

Postby bstrawse on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 pm

sansooshooter wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

Thanks for your support!

Great suggestion - ironically we started on a campaign around that over the last week. Hopeuflly it pans out.

Most valuable places to monitor for information about the session:
1) Our mailing list.
2) Our FB page - http://facebook.com/gunownersmn

Thanks!
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Previous

Return to Politics