So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Erud wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:First off I will fight any new anti gun laws the dems try and pass.
Been doing that for my entire adult life .

Everybody says they will stand their ground on a gun forum . Is that what you are claiming @Erud ?
If so you can be the test case vs State of Minnesota if they pass their unconstitutional gun laws.
I will donate a few bucks to your legal defense fund.
People from all over the country are rotting in prison after being prosecuted for a unconstitutional gun law.
I have people that I can not abandon , while I sit in a prison cell.

What has happened in the past is just that. The past.
If you really think the political landscape hasn't or isn't changing . I don't know how to help you.
There is a reason Bloomberg continues to target Minnesota .

Ok, settle down chief. All I said was that it seems weird to me to want to get rid of your guns before anything even happens. They are your property though, and I fully support your right to do whatever you think is best with them.

We don't know each other . I have no clue how old you are or how long you been a gun guy.
I am 55 and been a gun guy since I was 8 yrs old. As I have said before I have been involved in the 2A fight in Minnesota since my 20's. I believe we are allies in the 2A .
I have more than a couple of guns .
I am considering selling some stuff or moving it to a relative in a gun friendly state . If the need arises .
Look around the country . There are states that not that long ago were just like Minnesota, when it came to gun laws .
Colorado comes to mind.
Bad gun control is a reality and the Bloomberg types have deep pocket and a brainwashed youth and populace to use against us.

If the Democrats manage to pass some restrictive gun control .
I may be able to use that to get my wife to move south away from winter. :D
sansooshooter

Postby Rodentman on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Personally I have no intention of selling any of my firearms because of changes in the political climate.
Rodentman

Postby MJY65 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:04 pm

sansooshooter wrote:I am considering selling some stuff or moving it to a relative in a gun friendly state . If the need arises .

That is a reasonable approach. Could be in 6 months, 2 years, or never. No need to do anything at this point.
MJY65

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:48 pm

No need to panic folks. The dems don’t take their seat until Jan 1. Will take them a few months to conjure up what their plan of attack. Will get bogged down by republicans for awhile. Should know by April or may if they go full retard. Make plans, sure. Wouldn’t execute until you see the writing on the wall. Still think nothing will get passed next 2 years as both sides need to pass any legislation. Time to dig in. Plan for the worst, hope for the best for the next 2 years.
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:No need to panic folks. The dems don’t take their seat until Jan 1. Will take them a few months to conjure up what their plan of attack. Will get bogged down by republicans for awhile. Should know by April or may if they go full retard. Make plans, sure. Wouldn’t execute until you see the writing on the wall. Still think nothing will get passed next 2 years as both sides need to pass any legislation. Time to dig in. Plan for the worst, hope for the best for the next 2 years.

I'd guess they have it all ready just need to blow the dust off.
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 am

sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?

In 2013, we had complete DFL control of state government and a hostile environment immediately post-Sandy Hook.

Now we have a GOP controlled Senate, less hostility, and an overall similar situation.

I have much hope for holding the line into 2020's elections. But we're not going to make that happen if we declare defeat right out of the gate -- that's what the anti-gunners want you to do.

Join up as a Second Amendment Defender with the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and get ready to fight!

http://gunowners.mn/monthly

Regular Memberships: http://gunowners.mn/join
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:34 am

sansooshooter wrote:
Erud wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
Am I wrong?

Not sure if I follow your logic here. You believe that more restrictive gun laws will be coming to our state, so you want to preemptively get rid of your guns? Why, so you won't get in trouble for having guns if new laws do get passed? Help me out here.

See my 2nd post above in this thread.
I believe that the democrats and our new anti gun Governor will sure as hell try to ban most everything I own .
Just got a email from Minnesota Gun owners caucus saying that is their belief too.
I sure as hell am not going to surrender 35 years worth of my life collection to the damn state of Minnesota.

The last go around the democrats tied some pretty hefty fines and jail time to their anti gun bills .
You think they and law enforcement wont prosecute people like us ?

I wrote the email you received from the Gun Owners Caucus -- we do expect them to throw a lot of stuff against the wall and see what sticks. There will be a lot of scary bills from the freshman that ran on more of a gun control platform.

The threat is real to gun owners - which is why we need to folks to commit to being involved -- make calls, meet with your legislator, show up to hearings and rallies, and put money behind the fight.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:46 am

bstrawse wrote:
Plus a commie Governor .
Am I wrong?

In 2013, we had complete DFL control of state government and a hostile environment immediately post-Sandy Hook.

Now we have a GOP controlled Senate, less hostility, and an overall similar situation.

I have much hope for holding the line into 2020's elections. But we're not going to make that happen if we declare defeat right out of the gate -- that's what the anti-gunners want you to do.

Join up as a Second Amendment Defender with the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and get ready to fight!

Good to hear . I will be involved in the fight.
I will make calls and write emails as always .
I always encourage less politically alert gun owners to do the same .
Its surprising how many gun owners are not politically active to defend our rights.
sansooshooter

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:23 am

bstrawse wrote:
Plus a commie Governor .
Am I wrong?

Well, I renewed my membership right before the big rally a few years ago at the capital. Never received anything in the mail showing my renewal.
Bearcatrp

Postby dismal on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Something to remember, up until Parkwood and his run for Gov, I believe that Walz has a NRA A rating. I’m not saying that I trust him, but I think that he’s probably more sympathetic to our cause then Dayton ever was.
dismal

Postby xd ED on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 pm

dismal wrote:Something to remember, up until Parkwood and his run for Gov, I believe that Walz has a NRA A rating. I’m not saying that I trust him, but I think that he’s probably more sympathetic to our cause then Dayton ever was.

I think he merely held his finger in the wind for whatever he was running for at the time.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 pm

xd ED wrote:
dismal wrote:Something to remember, up until Parkwood and his run for Gov, I believe that Walz has a NRA A rating. I’m not saying that I trust him, but I think that he’s probably more sympathetic to our cause then Dayton ever was.

I think he merely held his finger in the wind for whatever he was running for at the time.

A traditional politician
Ghost

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:06 pm

I plan on stocking up on "scary" guns...

MOLON LABE ****!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Lumpy on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:46 pm

I'd gladly be a test case if it could get certiorari before a Trump-nominated Supreme Court. I'm old, widowed and childless; worst case I get a government-funded retirement plan.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 pm

sansooshooter wrote:First off I will fight any new anti gun laws the dems try and pass.
Been doing that for my entire adult life .

Everybody says they will stand their ground on a gun forum . Is that what you are claiming @Erud ?
If so, you can be the test case vs State of Minnesota if they pass their unconstitutional gun laws.
I will donate a few bucks to your legal defense fund.
People from all over the country are rotting in prison after being prosecuted for a unconstitutional gun law.
I have people that I can not abandon , while I sit in a prison cell.

What has happened in the past is just that. The past.
If you really think the political landscape hasn't or isn't changing . I don't know how to help you.
There is a reason Bloomberg continues to target Minnesota .

Who is rotting in prison over unconstitutional gun laws?
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to Politics