So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:40 am

bstrawse wrote:Join up as a Second Amendment Defender with the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and get ready to fight!

http://gunowners.mn/monthly

Regular Memberships: http://gunowners.mn/join

Seems like the membership levels could use some realignment. The monthly says:
Second Amendment Defenders automatically receive a free membership as a Sustaining Member - or a membership upgrade if they are already a Sustaining Member.

Sustaining member is $75/year, so $7 per month after rounding up. So for the default amounts listed only the $5 membership falls below this. And at $10 a month you are over the $100/yr for a founding member. And so on. I can pay monthly for a lifetime membership but not for the yearly. Oh the agony.

Yes I realize this is not easy to manage. You want to offer every possible option so no one has a reason not to give. But at the same time all those options get complicated to manage.

Eh whatever. Just signed up for Founding Member. Next year when I don't have all these house expenses (crossing fingers) I will hopefully do the Ring of Freedom.
grimbeaver

So What are We Going to Lose in 2019?

Postby PhilaBOR on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:First off I will fight any new anti gun laws the dems try and pass.
Been doing that for my entire adult life .

Everybody says they will stand their ground on a gun forum . Is that what you are claiming @Erud ?
If so, you can be the test case vs State of Minnesota if they pass their unconstitutional gun laws.
I will donate a few bucks to your legal defense fund.
People from all over the country are rotting in prison after being prosecuted for a unconstitutional gun law.
I have people that I can not abandon , while I sit in a prison cell.

What has happened in the past is just that. The past.
If you really think the political landscape hasn't or isn't changing . I don't know how to help you.
There is a reason Bloomberg continues to target Minnesota .

Who is rotting in prison over unconstitutional gun laws?

Lots of people in NJ, Maryland, CA, etc.

In NJ a guy named Brian just moved there, had guns in his car that were legal where he came from. He told his mom he was suicidal, cops arrested him and put him in jail.
A mother of two small kids from PA with a valid PA permit got stopped in NJ for traffic. She didn’t know her permit was just toilet paper in NJ, told cop she was carrying. She spent months in jail until a billboard campaign got her released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby andrewP on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 pm

PhilaBOR wrote:In NJ a guy named Brian just moved there, had guns in his car that were legal where he came from. He told his mom he was suicidal, cops arrested him and put him in jail.
A mother of two small kids from PA with a valid PA permit got stopped in NJ for traffic. She didn’t know her permit was just toilet paper in NJ, told cop she was carrying. She spent months in jail until a billboard campaign got her released.

Both of those suck, but I'm not sure either of them is exactly "unconstitutional." Unless you take "shall not be infringed" to mean that permitless carry should be legal nationwide and that any gun should be legal nationwide, I'm not sure there's a logical path from "one state doesn't recognize another state's permit" to "unconstitutional." Similarly, if Brian's guns were legal where he came from but not in NJ, and something caused him to interact with LE such that they found out about his not-legal-in-NJ guns, well, he was violating NJ's law, so...

Note that I am not a constitutional scholar, and that none of the above means that I in any way think NJ's gun laws make any kind of sense, and that I'm not claiming there's nobody anywhere in prison due to an unconstitutional gun law, but the specific examples you cited don't really sound unconstitutional to me.
andrewP

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Hardly “people all over the country rotting in jail cells “ either
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Not a fan of victimless crime
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 am

Bearcatrp wrote:
bstrawse wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:I'm thinking it maybe time to start selling stuff off. I really don't see us fighting off bloombergs money and the democrats.
Plus a commie Governor .
I sure as hell don't trust the MN Republican senate to block gun control .
I doubt there are enough outstate democrats left who will support gun rights.
Am I wrong?

In 2013, we had complete DFL control of state government and a hostile environment immediately post-Sandy Hook.

Now we have a GOP controlled Senate, less hostility, and an overall similar situation.

I have much hope for holding the line into 2020's elections. But we're not going to make that happen if we declare defeat right out of the gate -- that's what the anti-gunners want you to do.

Join up as a Second Amendment Defender with the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and get ready to fight!

Well, I renewed my membership right before the big rally a few years ago at the capital. Never received anything in the mail showing my renewal.

Contact me about this please so we can make this right for you -- bryan.strawser@gunowners.mn.. Thanks!
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:21 am

dismal wrote:Something to remember, up until Parkwood and his run for Gov, I believe that Walz has a NRA A rating. I’m not saying that I trust him, but I think that he’s probably more sympathetic to our cause then Dayton ever was.

Walz went from an A rating to an F in two years when he decided to run for Governor. He now supports an "assault weapons" ban, magazine restrictions, and more.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:23 am

grimbeaver wrote:
bstrawse wrote:Join up as a Second Amendment Defender with the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and get ready to fight!

Seems like the membership levels could use some realignment. The monthly says:
Second Amendment Defenders automatically receive a free membership as a Sustaining Member - or a membership upgrade if they are already a Sustaining Member.

Sustaining member is $75/year, so $7 per month after rounding up. So for the default amounts listed only the $5 membership falls below this. And at $10 a month you are over the $100/yr for a founding member. And so on. I can pay monthly for a lifetime membership but not for the yearly. Oh the agony.

Yes I realize this is not easy to manage. You want to offer every possible option so no one has a reason not to give. But at the same time all those options get complicated to manage.

Eh whatever. Just signed up for Founding Member. Next year when I don't have all these house expenses (crossing fingers) I will hopefully do the Ring of Freedom.

Don't overthink it ;) We're trying to provide options for every budget - and there's a lot to be said for monthly donations in terms of keeping the budget situation something that we can plan for month over month.

Thanks for your support!
Bryan
bstrawse

Postby MJY65 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 am

bstrawse wrote:Walz went from an A rating to an F in two years when he decided to run for Governor. He now supports an "assault weapons" ban, magazine restrictions, and more.

I heard him say twice within a week when interviewed: "I'm not talking about guns that are already out there". He didn't mention magazines "already out there". It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I hope that video has been archived for future use.
MJY65

Postby andrewP on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 pm

bstrawse wrote:Walz went from an A rating to an F in two years when he decided to run for Governor. He now supports an "assault weapons" ban, magazine restrictions, and more.

Has he talked at all about why his position on guns shifted so radically?
andrewP

Postby MJY65 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:31 pm

andrewP wrote:Has he talked at all about why his position on guns shifted so radically?

He said the recent mass shootings changed his mind. IMO, he changed his position to have a chance at winning the DFL endorsement.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:53 pm

MJY65 wrote:
andrewP wrote:Has he talked at all about why his position on guns shifted so radically?

He said the recent mass shootings changed his mind. IMO, he changed his position to have a chance at winning the DFL endorsement.

Winning an election usually changes politicians.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Ghost wrote:
MJY65 wrote:

This plus a boat load of money from Bloomberg to fill his pockets. Sold out like a typical politician!
Bearcatrp

Postby andrewP on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
Ghost wrote:
MJY65 wrote:He said the recent mass shootings changed his mind. IMO, he changed his position to have a chance at winning the DFL endorsement.

This plus a boat load of money from Bloomberg to fill his pockets. Sold out like a typical politician!

Disappointing, but sounds about right.
andrewP

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:27 pm

andrewP wrote:

Has he talked at all about why his position on guns shifted so radically?

He's a democrat, his position did not change just the lie he was spreading.
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to Politics