NRA just called

Firearms related political discussion forum

NRA just called

Postby Ghost on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am

They said Wayne wanted to send me a flag for donating $140 or extending my membership 5 years.

I asked how beneficial it is to extend a Benefactor Life membership for 5 years?

Then I told them after what Wayne did on bumpstocks I'm not giving them another dime until he's gone.

Then I said thanks for the call and hung up.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6513 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: NRA just called

Postby Rodentman on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:52 am

They had been peppering me with calls over the past few months. I took advantage of the renewal of 5 years for $125. if I want to send more $ I know where they are. I don't want the phone calls and I block all numbers I don't recognize when they leave no msg.
User avatar
Rodentman
 
Posts: 2668 [View]
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:22 am

Re: NRA just called

Postby Grayskies on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't answer calls from numbers my phone does not know, fortunately I get few calls these days.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
User avatar
Grayskies
 
Posts: 2296 [View]
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am
Location: North Central MN

Re: NRA just called

Postby Ghost on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Grayskies wrote:I don't answer calls from numbers my phone does not know, fortunately I get few calls these days.

I normally don’t but ignoring them wouldn’t get my point across.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6513 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: NRA just called

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Grayskies wrote:I don't answer calls from numbers my phone does not know, fortunately I get few calls these days.

Then how are you ever going to meet anyone new?
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 6665 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: NRA just called

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:51 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Grayskies wrote:I don't answer calls from numbers my phone does not know, fortunately I get few calls these days.

Then how are you ever going to meet anyone new?

There’s always pizza ranch and twisted sisters
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6513 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: NRA just called

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:56 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
Grayskies wrote:I don't answer calls from numbers my phone does not know, fortunately I get few calls these days.

Then how are you ever going to meet anyone new?

There’s always pizza ranch and twisted sisters


Now you're talking my home town.
Jackpine Savage
 
Posts: 667 [View]
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:45 am
Location: west central MN

Re: NRA just called

Postby Tronster on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Speaking of donations, is a donation to the MN Gun Caucus a more efficient use of funds than a yearly membership? I don't care about membership cards, training discounts, member events or any of that stuff, I just want to support their efforts at the capital, and if donating maximizes every dollar then so be it.
Tronster
 
Posts: 548 [View]
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 pm
Location: Rochester, MN

Re: NRA just called

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:45 pm

I disagree with the NRA animosity. I understand the disappointment on some of the points, however, there is still not another organization of similar scale, reach and influence in the public sphere. So punishing them is punishing the movement. Expressing disagreement with recent choices by the organization is preferable to ignoring or avoiding communication. How else will your displeasure be registered and with no support you are just an angry voice, not an angry benefactor.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
User avatar
yukonjasper
 
Posts: 4277 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: eagan

Re: NRA just called

Postby bstrawse on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Tronster wrote:Speaking of donations, is a donation to the MN Gun Caucus a more efficient use of funds than a yearly membership? I don't care about membership cards, training discounts, member events or any of that stuff, I just want to support their efforts at the capital, and if donating maximizes every dollar then so be it.


Either is just as effective. A membership allows us to continue to see that number go up - which helps when legislators ask ;)
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
User avatar
bstrawse
 
Posts: 3648 [View]
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 am
Location: Roseville, MN

NRA just called

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:54 pm

I paid off my lifetime membership last year. That's enough money to them. Kinda ashamed to even say I'm a life member to a organization that won't fight for our rights anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
User avatar
PHATSPEED7x
 
Posts: 1335 [View]
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: NRA just called

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Do we really want to die on the Bumpstock Hill?

They are a fun gimmick for sure, but I can't see going to war over something as inconsequential as that. Whether that particular toy is legal isn't my litmus test for how hard anyone is working. Ive never seen a convincing argument made to keep them except for the classic MALON LABE hardcore 2A there should be no restrictions on anything, ever by anyone. Which is not at all realistic. I'd rather save the powder and the time for serious issues. That's my $.02, flame suit on for all the big" L" Libertarians who live in an idealized universe that most likely will never return. I, personally, am willing to trade bumpstocks for high cap magazines - I know, slippery slope, what's next, but within the context of existing laws, i haven't heard one convincing argument made for keeping bumpstocks legal.

Please convince me.

Bottom line is, I'd rather have the NRA than not have the NRA.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
User avatar
yukonjasper
 
Posts: 4277 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: eagan

Re: NRA just called

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:29 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Do we really want to die on the Bumpstock Hill?

They are a fun gimmick for sure, but I can't see going to war over something as inconsequential as that. Whether that particular toy is legal isn't my litmus test for how hard anyone is working. Ive never seen a convincing argument made to keep them except for the classic MALON LABE hardcore 2A there should be no restrictions on anything, ever by anyone. Which is not at all realistic. I'd rather save the powder and the time for serious issues. That's my $.02, flame suit on for all the big" L" Libertarians who live in an idealized universe that most likely will never return. I, personally, am willing to trade bumpstocks for high cap magazines - I know, slippery slope, what's next, but within the context of existing laws, i haven't heard one convincing argument made for keeping bumpstocks legal.

Please convince me.

Bottom line is, I'd rather have the NRA than not have the NRA.



Because if we don't fight this, then we're agreeing that accessories are something that can be banned.
Because if we don't fight this, then we're saying that a bump stock ban is going to actually to do something to lower violent crime with a firearm.
Because if we don't fight this, we're saying that the ATF has the legal authority to regulate something that in statute they have no such authority to regulate.
Because if we don't fight this, the anti's will take those resources and move on to their next target.

I want them to have to fight tooth and nail for every single inch - on everything that's out there. The longer we hold the line on current law, the more we expand gun rights when we have the votes, the harder it is for them to get to the stuff they really want. Registration, AWB, magazine restrictions, gun owner licensing, and more.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
User avatar
bstrawse
 
Posts: 3648 [View]
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 am
Location: Roseville, MN

Re: NRA just called

Postby Tronster on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Do we really want to die on the Bumpstock Hill? ... I, personally, am willing to trade bumpstocks for high cap magazines


Thing is, they are not even proposing anything along the lines of "If we ban bump stocks we'll leave the magazines alone". They want bumps stocks AND full capacity mags banned, along with a crap ton of other stuff. This will never stop, they will never be satiated. I don't have skin in the bumpstock fight, but arbitrarily banning bumpstocks with no compensation and felony penalties is bogus and opens the door for broader bans down the road.
Tronster
 
Posts: 548 [View]
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 pm
Location: Rochester, MN

Re: NRA just called

Postby Grayskies on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Tronster wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Do we really want to die on the Bumpstock Hill? ... I, personally, am willing to trade bumpstocks for high cap magazines


Thing is, they are not even proposing anything along the lines of "If we ban bump stocks we'll leave the magazines alone". They want bumps stocks AND full capacity mags banned, along with a crap ton of other stuff. This will never stop, they will never be satiated. I don't have skin in the bumpstock fight, but arbitrarily banning bumpstocks with no compensation and felony penalties is bogus and opens the door for broader bans down the road.

Agree.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
User avatar
Grayskies
 
Posts: 2296 [View]
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am
Location: North Central MN

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron