NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Firearms related political discussion forum

NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby yukonjasper on Thu May 23, 2019 11:35 am

Is anyone going to the meeting on the 30th at Cabelas being put on by the NRA?

questions:
How active was the NRA in our state fight against Red Flag and UBC?
Do the Minnesota groups join forces with the NRA to battle these issues?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
User avatar
yukonjasper
 
Posts: 4463 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: eagan

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby sansooshooter on Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm

I got emails from the NRA about both bills . Other than that I see nothing of the NRA in state politics .
sansooshooter
 
Posts: 393 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 am
Location: north of Andover

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby bstrawse on Thu May 23, 2019 1:32 pm

The NRA coordinated with us this year (and last) on legislative strategy and we moved in lockstep together.

They had a lobbyist in Minnesota part-time (he had two other states as well) and we kept in touch on issues. He did testify twice against gun control legislation.

The NRA generally has taken a less public-facing role in Minnesota given our rather odd brand of politics.

The NRA DID NOT support any gun control in Minnesota.

Hope this helps,
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
User avatar
bstrawse
 
Posts: 3709 [View]
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 am
Location: Roseville, MN

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby Ghost on Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm

bstrawse wrote:The NRA coordinated with us this year (and last) on legislative strategy and we moved in lockstep together.

They had a lobbyist in Minnesota part-time (he had two other states as well) and we kept in touch on issues. He did testify twice against gun control legislation.

The NRA generally has taken a less public-facing role in Minnesota given our rather odd brand of politics.

The NRA DID NOT support any gun control in Minnesota.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

Is there any way or reason to support the NRA on a state level in the event you believe that donating on the national level is a waste of money?
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6988 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu May 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Ghost wrote:Is there any way or reason to support the NRA on a state level in the event you believe that donating on the national level is a waste of money?

The MRRA is the state chapter of the NRA. Unfortunately, they don't have the budget or volunteer staff to have any kind of presence.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
User avatar
Rip Van Winkle
 
Posts: 2637 [View]
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby bstrawse on Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Ghost wrote:Is there any way or reason to support the NRA on a state level in the event you believe that donating on the national level is a waste of money?

The MRRA is the state chapter of the NRA. Unfortunately, they don't have the budget or volunteer staff to have any kind of presence.


I've not seen the MRRA involved in gun rights politics in my more than a decade in this.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
User avatar
bstrawse
 
Posts: 3709 [View]
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 am
Location: Roseville, MN

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby bstrawse on Thu May 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Ghost wrote:
bstrawse wrote:The NRA coordinated with us this year (and last) on legislative strategy and we moved in lockstep together.

They had a lobbyist in Minnesota part-time (he had two other states as well) and we kept in touch on issues. He did testify twice against gun control legislation.

The NRA generally has taken a less public-facing role in Minnesota given our rather odd brand of politics.

The NRA DID NOT support any gun control in Minnesota.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

Is there any way or reason to support the NRA on a state level in the event you believe that donating on the national level is a waste of money?


No, it all goes into one big bucket.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
User avatar
bstrawse
 
Posts: 3709 [View]
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 am
Location: Roseville, MN

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby daleamn on Wed May 29, 2019 11:53 pm

Here's just a little bit more info about the gathering:

WHEN
Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 6:30pm - 8pm
WHERE
Cabela's (Conference Room)
20200 Rogers Dr
Rogers, MN 55374

The info is from this site:
https://www.nrailafrontlines.com/mn_town_hall
daleamn
 
Posts: 23 [View]
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby yukonjasper on Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am

Is anyone going to this and willing to post a report? I'm curious but currently on the road.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
User avatar
yukonjasper
 
Posts: 4463 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: eagan

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby Grayskies on Thu May 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Way to long a drive for me to go to.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
User avatar
Grayskies
 
Posts: 2721 [View]
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am
Location: North Central MN

Re: NRA Post Legislative Session gathering

Postby tabberski on Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm just seeing this, darn. Did anyone go, and what were your impressions?
User avatar
tabberski
 
Posts: 402 [View]
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: Maplewood


Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron