seen on Brady facebook

Firearms related political discussion forum

seen on Brady facebook

Postby ttousi on Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:46 pm

I am confused. Recent civil unrest in the Twin Cities has me wanting a handgun for home defense. I went to a gun store and was told I needed a permit and background check. I thought they were giving me the runaround so I tried online to have it shipped to me. Same thing except I had to have it sent to a federal dealer. What gives??? everyone says it's easy to buy a gun without any paperwork. Is this a recent change?
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Re: seen on Brady facebook

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Yes, it's a recent change....of attitude. :roll:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BigBlue on Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Yeah... maybe if you stopped listening to the media and politicians you would have known that earlier, buddy.

It is amazing at how effective the media is at skewing viewpoints. I'd think in this day of 10,000 social media streams people would be more informed but apparently the opposite is true.
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:39 pm

While it would be hilarious if actually true, but I am guessing it was posted as a joke.
Holland&Holland

Postby ttousi on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:32 am

Holland&Holland wrote:While it would be hilarious if actually true, but I am guessing it was posted as a joke.

or to put a point across to the misinformed
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby xd ED on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:12 am

ttousi wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:While it would be hilarious if actually true, but I am guessing it was posted as a joke.

or to put a point across to the misinformed

That's how I took it.
If it was one of their true believers, they'd likely never openly admit to feeling the need for a handgun.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby minnesotatv on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:38 am

Not in the "Hood"
minnesotatv

Postby smurfman on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:36 pm

ttousi wrote:
I am confused. Recent civil unrest in the Twin Cities has me wanting a handgun for home defense. I went to a gun store and was told I needed a permit and background check. I thought they were giving me the runaround so I tried online to have it shipped to me. Same thing except I had to have it sent to a federal dealer. What gives??? everyone says it's easy to buy a gun without any paperwork. Is this a recent change?

I heard this or something similar back in late Feburary into March and again in late May and early June, especially the second period as fear of riot and civil unrest was a more powerful motivator to purchase a firearm than a shortage of toilet paper. The look of disbeliefef and confusion on the faces of first time handgun purchasers when told of the procedure one needed to go through would have been humorous in different circumstances. Those buying long guns had it a little better as they did not need a permit to purchase or carry permit but if one of the many who were delayed their dismay was just as great.
smurfman

Return to Politics