Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence

Firearms related political discussion forum

Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence

Postby daleamn on Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:32 am

Just in case you haven't seen it (gun control doesn't seem to be mentioned much lately) here is a link to Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence.
It's very long and it's a real doozy.
https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

That said one of my favorite cartoons after the 2016 Donald Trump/Hillary Clinton election was a livid Hillary Clinton snarling:
"Why didn't those DEPLORABLES vote for me? I wasn't going to actually DO all that stuff!"

So maybe all is not lost even if Biden gets elected.
daleamn

Re: Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence

Postby Rodentman on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:57 am

There is no such thing as "gun violence" nor "systemic racism" not "assault weapon." They are all creations of the left. They won't be happy until all guns are confiscated.
Rodentman

Postby jdege on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:14 am

Rodentman wrote:There is no such thing as "gun violence" nor "systemic racism" not "assault weapon." They are all creations of the left. They won't be happy until all guns are confiscated.

They won't be happy then, either.
jdege

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:46 am

jdege wrote:They won't be happy then, either.

:iagree: :exactly:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BigBlue on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:11 pm

jdege wrote:
Rodentman wrote:There is no such thing as "gun violence" nor "systemic racism" not "assault weapon." They are all creations of the left. They won't be happy until all guns are confiscated.

They won't be happy then, either.

That's kinda the definition of a liberal/progressive... They are not ever happy with the way things are and they always have an idea for changing things.

For guns, specifically, look at the UK. Restrict guns, mostly outlaw guns, move on to knives (the scary, sharp kind), move on to kitchen knives, next will be anything pointy or that could be used as a club. "Baseball is outlawed!!"
BigBlue

Postby Lumpy on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:56 pm

BigBlue wrote:For guns, specifically, look at the UK. Restrict guns, mostly outlaw guns, move on to knives (the scary, sharp kind), move on to kitchen knives, next will be anything pointy or that could be used as a club. "Baseball is outlawed!!"
I wonder if you have to register ownership of a cricket bat...
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Lumpy wrote:
BigBlue wrote:For guns, specifically, look at the UK. Restrict guns, mostly outlaw guns, move on to knives (the scary, sharp kind), move on to kitchen knives, next will be anything pointy or that could be used as a club. "Baseball is outlawed!!"
I wonder if you have to register ownership of a cricket bat...

Cricket isn’t a real sport anyway.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryP on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Wow that plan will decimate gun ownership. Stock up before it's to late!
LarryP

Postby xd ED on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm

LarryP wrote:Wow that plan will decimate gun ownership. Stock up before it's to late!

You apparently have not recently been anywhere that once sold guns and ammo.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LarryP on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:32 am

Stores by me have plenty of guns & ammo. And I've seen online dealers with plenty of stock
LarryP

Postby daleamn on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:58 am

LarryP---where are you located? A gun shop in St. Paul last week was selling 9mm 147 grain ammunition for $50 for a box of 50 rounds, so things are a little messed up here.
daleamn

Postby Erud on Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 am

LarryP wrote:Stores by me have plenty of guns & ammo. And I've seen online dealers with plenty of stock

Where are you, and did you look closely? High demand stuff like 9mm, 223, etc are either out of stock about everywhere, or selling at completely insane prices. Popular types of powder and small primers are just as bad, if not worse. If you just walk into a gun store you’ll see guns and ammo for sale, but that really doesn’t tell the story.

Come back and tell us where you’re seeing this stuff, don’t leave us hanging like in the excellent Trump thread you started.
Erud

Postby andrewP on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 am

Erud wrote:High demand stuff like 9mm, 223, etc are either out of stock about everywhere, or selling at completely insane prices. Popular types of powder and small primers are just as bad, if not worse.

No joke. Search "Small Pistol Primers" on gunbroker if you're keen on being shocked. The results are the reason I priced them the way I did in the ad I put on here a few weeks ago. Compared to gunbroker pricing, I'm lowballing myself, but I don't want to deal with figuring out hazmat shipping, so I figured I'd just go for "big profit" rather than "absurd profit." (No takers so far. I guess everybody in the Twin Cities area is either well-stocked or not that desperate yet.)
andrewP

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:05 am

LarryP wrote:Stores by me have plenty of guns & ammo. And I've seen online dealers with plenty of stock

I call bs on that.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:00 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

I call bs on that.

I was just up at Reed’s in Walker. They had lots of long guns, not so many pistols and a fair amount of ammo.

Only place I’ve seen recently with much of a supply.
Ghost

Next

Return to Politics