Want to bet?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Want to bet?

Postby gman1868 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:28 pm

Does it matter if we get this vaccine when there is a new strain already?
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:49 pm

gman1868 wrote:Does it matter if we get this vaccine when there is a new strain already?

Yes, because it is the thought that counts. Kinda like wearing a mask.
Holland&Holland

Postby Chunkychuck on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:15 pm

It is not a fool proof conclusion as there are time limitations I think, but when you donate blood the Red Cross is doing antibody checks. I believe they have found an application for the use of blood components containing antibodies. I gave in Aug and in Dec and did not have the antibodies while exhibiting some of the more generic systems of what could be the flu or allergies or whatever. Had a Covid test in July when I ran a fever- negative and before surgery in Sept-negative.
Chunkychuck

Postby LarryP on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Different strains of a virus are not uncommon. Dr's said the covid vaccine should cover the new strains. They're not real worried about it.

gman1868 wrote:Does it matter if we get this vaccine when there is a new strain already?
LarryP

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:30 pm

LarryP wrote:Different strains of a virus are not uncommon. Dr's said the covid vaccine should cover the new strains. They're not real worried about it.

Yes, years of research on this virus prove this out.
Holland&Holland

Postby kollector03 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:16 pm

LarryP wrote:Different strains of a virus are not uncommon. Dr's said the covid vaccine should cover the new strains. They're not real worried about it.

Heard today that the vaccine is only good for 3 months or so..??? was unaware that a vaccine could be so short lived for effectiveness.
kollector03

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:10 pm

kollector03 wrote:

Heard today that the vaccine is only good for 3 months or so..??? was unaware that a vaccine could be so short lived for effectiveness.

Well, I will give them that they have 3 months of data on this vaccine.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to Politics