reparations????????????????????

Firearms related political discussion forum

reparations????????????????????

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:40 pm

White House says would support a study of slavery reparations
02/17/2021 19:11

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters on Wednesday the Biden administration would support a study on whether descendants of enslaved people in the United States should receive reparations.

Reparations have been used around the world to compensate victims of war, rape, terror and a host of other historical injustices.

But the United States has never made much headway in its discussions of whether or how to compensate African Americans for more than 200 years of slavery and help make up for racial inequality.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Re: reparations????????????????????

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:58 pm

I think anyone owned as a slave should be compensated by their former owner.

But as slavery was outlawed 5 generations ago, I guess there's no one left to collect from.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby rtk on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:57 pm

I’m a slave to my better half, wonder if I would get anything?
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:07 pm

rtk wrote:I’m a slave to my better half, wonder if I would get anything?

My better half has the checkbook and I already tried ;-)

Guessing skin color will be the only per-requsite for getting more FREE Dumbocrat money.
LarryFlew

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:39 pm

LarryFlew wrote:
rtk wrote:I’m a slave to my better half, wonder if I would get anything?

My better half has the checkbook and I already tried ;-)

Guessing skin color will be the only per-requsite for getting more FREE Dumbocrat money.

Who’s money?
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:06 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Who’s money?

Seeing as we're almost $30 Trillion in debt, it might as well be Monopoly money. :roll:
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Postby smurfman on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:09 pm

I'm all in favor of reparations. Then those who received such funds can pay to the decendants of the Union soldiers what the former feel their freedom is worth. The funds can be earmarked to be taken from the reparations before they are handed out.

I have at least three anscestors who were in the Union Army, one lost a leg.
smurfman

Postby prushin on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:17 pm

I don't see why this should be a problem. Figure out what should have been paid in reparations in 1865. Update that total to 21st century dollars and divide that by the number of descendants of the slave population. Give it back as a tax refund.

Paying for it should be easy. Hold the salaries of every legislator that votes for the reparations until the balance is paid off and ask for donations from everyone in the population that supports the proposal. All the rich folks in Hollywood that are touting this as a fabulous idea whose time has come should be more than willing to give up at least half of the wealth they've accumulated due to systemic racism.

Problem solved with no muss, no fuss and no further federal debt added.
Last edited by prushin on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prushin

Postby xd ED on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:18 pm

smurfman wrote:I'm all in favor of reparations. Then those who received such funds can pay to the decendants of the Union soldiers what the former feel their freedom is worth. The funds can be earmarked to be taken from the reparations before they are handed out.

I have at least three anscestors who were in the Union Army, one lost a leg.

I had the same thought, for similar reasons.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:24 pm

So if your ancestors did not come here until after slavery was long ended do we still have to pay? I mean all we got was North Dakota because anything worth settling was already taken.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:59 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So if your ancestors did not come here until after slavery was long ended do we still have to pay? I mean all we got was North Dakota because anything worth settling was already taken.

Rugby ND to be exact.
LarryFlew

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:08 am

Ok, with me being 25% Choctaw Indian, all you pale and dark faces owe me and ALL North American Indians Reparations.

After doing much cipherin' (yeah I'm Southern too) I figure each of us are entitled to at least $10,000,000 each. This means y'all owe me, $2,500,000. A very cheap price, given the millions of acres y'all got for free.

Since the other side of my family is from the Southern States and fought on the side of the Confederates, and even though they were poor, and were nearly slaves themselves, you Northern Aggressors aka: Yankees, owe my other 75% for reparations for all the stuff y'all destroyed and stole and took back North, after the "Civil war" (War of Northern Aggression). For that amount, I'll accept $7,500,000.

I don't want to appear "greedy" and find my measly total of $10,000,000 Fair, given the fact that y'all Stole Our Land, after coming here in the 1600's and and aggressively attacked us in the 1800's and put the 25% of my relatives on Reservations, and destroyed everything the other 75% owned.

I'll even pledge to donate 2% toward Reparations to anyone that can prove they were enslaved, by ANY of my family.

Just let me know when and where I can pickup the cash. After all the treaties were broken, and my relatives were Royally Screwed, I cannot accept ANY Checks nor Money Orders. CASH ONLY :(
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:16 am

BigDog58 wrote:Ok, with me being 25% Choctaw Indian, all you pale and dark faces owe me and ALL North American Indians Reparations.

After doing much cipherin' (yeah I'm Southern too) I figure each of us are entitled to at least $10,000,000 each. This means y'all owe me, $2,500,000. A very cheap price, given the millions of acres y'all got for free.

Since the other side of my family is from the Southern States and fought on the side of the Confederates, and even though they were poor, and were nearly slaves themselves, you Northern Aggressors aka: Yankees, owe my other 75% for reparations for all the stuff y'all destroyed and stole and took back North, after the "Civil war" (War of Northern Aggression). For that amount, I'll accept $7,500,000.

I don't want to appear "greedy" and find my measly total of $10,000,000 Fair, given the fact that y'all Stole Our Land, after coming here in the 1600's and and aggressively attacked us in the 1800's and put the 25% of my relatives on Reservations, and destroyed everything the other 75% owned.

I'll even pledge to donate 2% toward Reparations to anyone that can prove they were enslaved, by ANY of my family.

Just let me know when and where I can pickup the cash. After all the treaties were broken, and my relatives were Royally Screwed, I cannot accept ANY Checks nor Money Orders. CASH ONLY :(

Is Monopoly Money ok?
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Postby westhope on Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:28 am

I'll get this in the mail right away to pay your reparations (and college debt).

10 B Zimbabwe.jpg
10 B Zimbabwe.jpg (37.48 KB) Viewed 2690 times
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:Ok, with me being 25% Choctaw Indian, all you pale and dark faces owe me and ALL North American Indians Reparations.

Is Monopoly Money ok?

I can pitch in with some of that as well.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to Politics