National gun registration bill

Firearms related political discussion forum

National gun registration bill

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:02 pm

I'm never completely sure these alerts are accurate, but the steamroller that has already happened on other bills makes me concerned. We also know this has been a priority for the Left for decades, so........believable......

https://www.americanfirearmsassociation.org/action/stop-hr8-par/
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: National gun registration bill

Postby jdege on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:01 pm

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-resolution/8/text
H.Res.8 - Adopting the Rules of the House of Representatives of the One Hundred Seventeenth Congress, and for other purposes.

Are you sure that's a new alert?

Because H.R.8, in this session of Congress seems to be unrelated.
jdege

Postby linksep on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:47 pm

This is intriguing:
This organization is going over the top on social media warning of HR8, and using the hysteria for fundraising...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby jdege on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:26 pm

H.R.8 and H.Res.8 are different things.

My bad.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/hr8/text
H.R. 8: Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021
It shall be unlawful for any person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not so licensed, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken possession of the firearm for the purpose of complying with subsection (t).
(B)Upon taking possession of a firearm under subparagraph (A), a licensee shall comply with all requirements of this chapter as if the licensee were transferring the firearm from the inventory of the licensee to the unlicensed transferee.
jdege

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:14 am

If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby bstrawse on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:14 pm

xd ED wrote:This is intriguing:
This organization is going over the top on social media warning of HR8, and using the hysteria for fundraising...

This organization is running by the Dorr brothers who also run Minnesota Gun Rights - so yes, you can expect everything to be over the top and primarily for fundraising.

b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm

bstrawse wrote:

This organization is running by the Dorr brothers who also run Minnesota Gun Rights - so yes, you can expect everything to be over the top and primarily for fundraising.

b

Thank you.
I suspected as much, but had no evidence of it.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bstrawse on Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:42 am

xd ED wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

b

Thank you.
I suspected as much, but had no evidence of it.

https://www.americanfirearmsassociation ... directors/
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Lumpy on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:13 am

Can I start a "sensible gun laws" group that's just a scam to pay myself a salary as its director?
Lumpy

Postby LarryFlew on Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Lumpy wrote:Can I start a "sensible gun laws" group that's just a scam to pay myself a salary as its director?

Unfortunate but yes you can.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:56 pm

So, is there a list of GOOD/WORTHY gun organizations and a list if BAD/UNWORTHY gun organizations out there?

Further to a theme I voiced a while back, is there any effort to unite the GOOD/WORTHY organizations into a coalition for a common purpose? If not, doesn't that tell you something about the actual motivation of these groups? If the true aim was to protect the Second Amendment, wouldn't they put aside the petty competition and soldier their resources to ensure victory?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:30 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So, is there a list of GOOD/WORTHY gun organizations and a list if BAD/UNWORTHY gun organizations out there?

Further to a theme I voiced a while back, is there any effort to unite the GOOD/WORTHY organizations into a coalition for a common purpose? If not, doesn't that tell you something about the actual motivation of these groups? If the true aim was to protect the Second Amendment, wouldn't they put aside the petty competition and soldier their resources to ensure victory?

In the state: The MN Gun Owners Caucus: gunowners.mn. The Caucus works closely with the Pink Pistols and the African-American Heritage Gun Club of Minnesota.

We do coordinate with the NRA but operate independently in the state. The NRA does not have a full-time presence here.

Personally, I support the NRA, Gun Owners of America, and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

In regards to a coalition, all the legit groups communicate and work together fairly well. I'm not sure what else you're looking for there.
bstrawse

Return to Politics