Trump or no Trump

Firearms related political discussion forum

Trump or no Trump

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:04 am

Still a Trump supporter but my mind went off on a tangent the other day. Fox had Bidet approval rating below 50% (still can't believe there are enough dumb SxxxS out there to be anywhere near 50%). In the next breath they where saying a recent poll of voters on (I believe it was Tuesday) putting Bidet against Trump Trump was 40 some % and Bidet was over 50%. Are there that many Trump haters that would actually vote for Bidet after the way he is taking care of our country?

Do we need to push for someone else even though Trump could do a lot again if he got in when people vote AGAINST someone instead of FOR someone - Bazaar? IE do we push for someone like Desantis just to get rid of that problem and IF we did would Trump let it happen?
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Re: Trump or no Trump

Postby BigBlue on Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:24 am

I think the Trump haters would vote for a rabid skunk that just bit them on the ass over voting for Trump. TDS is a spectacular ailment to behold.

For that reason I think Trump is burned. Running him again will fail again. We need someone *like* Trump but not him.
BigBlue

Postby BU1 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:19 am

I want to see a good, strong candidate for pres. And I would love to see Trump win a House seat and become Speaker. Nancy can fly home to Commiefornia on her broom.
BU1

Postby jdege on Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:13 pm

BigBlue wrote:I think the Trump haters would vote for a rabid skunk that just bit them on the ass over voting for Trump. TDS is a spectacular ailment to behold.

I have never liked Trump, and I'd be very happy to see someone besides him, in either party, advocating policy positions that are actually sane.

But at this point, no one besides Trump seems to be.

And he only occasionally.
jdege

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:15 pm

BU1 wrote:I want to see a good, strong candidate for pres. And I would love to see Trump win a House seat and become Speaker. Nancy can fly home to Commiefornia on her broom.

GREAT idea and my mind never went that direction hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm H, you late on weighing in to this party??
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby BigBlue on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:21 pm

jdege wrote:I have never liked Trump, and I'd be very happy to see someone besides him, in either party, advocating policy positions that are actually sane.

Yeah, the country has about two years to figure it out. It's vital. With the way the libs are going I don't know if our country will even survive in any semblance of how we formerly knew it until then, but certainly it will be a total loss if another term goes to them.
BigBlue

Postby ex-LT on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:43 pm

BU1 wrote:I want to see a good, strong candidate for pres. And I would love to see Trump win a House seat and become Speaker. Nancy can fly home to Commiefornia on her broom.

Technically, you don't have to be a member of the House of Representatives to be elected Speaker...
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:31 pm

jdege wrote:
BigBlue wrote:I think the Trump haters would vote for a rabid skunk that just bit them on the ass over voting for Trump. TDS is a spectacular ailment to behold.

I have never liked Trump, and I'd be very happy to see someone besides him, in either party, advocating policy positions that are actually sane.

This is where I am.

Trump is his own worse enemy, but I don't see anyone else even close to sticking up for America like he has.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:54 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Trump is his own worse enemy

That is for sure. I think DeSantis would be a good possibility. He seems to have a backbone.
Jackpine Savage

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Polls are worthless. When is the last time you picked up a phone call from a random number and then hung on to answer poll questions? Then there is the matter of how they source the calling list and from what geography. Throw in poorly worded poll questions and you have the makings of a really worthless exercise. Pills said Hillary would win by a landslide. I would only look at it as an indication that Biden is really ******* the bed since he supposedly got 80 million votes, more than any candidate ever and he can't muster 40% approval Rate. Let's go Brandon!
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:56 pm

Trump can't win again. Time to find a good conservative candidate that can.
Holland&Holland

Postby Glenn_S on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:16 pm

I think Trump knows that he can't be elected again. My take is that he is keeping the Dems eyes on him by design, while a more palatable conservative makes strides. Desantis and Rubio come to mind, possibly Cruz.

This could simply be a misdirect to keep the TDS going and keep pointing to Bidens screw-ups.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin
Glenn_S

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:00 pm

Nikki Haley would get my vote. Same with Florida’s governor. Trumps big mouth and tweets lost him reelection. I like what trump did for our country but we need someone who can control their mouth.
Bearcatrp

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:36 pm

Now that the dems got their dream of beng able to vote from your sofa, I doubt whether any conservative candidate could win the presidency. It is easy to whip up a lather in the minds of the mindless when it comes to the big house, but that passion fades in local elections. The House is where GOP priorities should go. The House is where GOP made gains despite the Trump loss and another repeat of that would cripple the dem agenda. If a conservative is to win the WH, that person will have to be female, and distant from The Don.
Rowdy Roddy

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:25 pm

I’d go Nikki Hailey. She can win.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to Politics