Press Release: MN Gun Owners Caucus - No Endorsement

Firearms related political discussion forum

Press Release: MN Gun Owners Caucus - No Endorsement

Postby bstrawse on Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Press Release: The MN Gun Owners Caucus & PAC will not endorse a candidate for Governor of Minnesota in 2022

The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus announced today that they will not endorse a candidate for Governor in the 2022 general election.

“We endorsed then-candidate Scott Jensen for Minnesota Senate in 2016, ” said Bryan Strawser, Chairman, MN Gun Owners Caucus. “He later betrayed his endorsement pledge by co-sponsoring two gun control bills.”

“While Governor Tim Walz has voiced nothing but disdain for the Second Amendment rights of Minnesotans, our organization must stand by our commitment to our members that Dr. Jensen would not be eligible for future endorsement by our organization, ” added Strawser.

As a Senator, Scott Jensen never voted for a gun control bill. He has voiced nothing but support for the 2nd Amendment in his campaign for Governor. At the June 2022 MNGOP Convention, Dr. Jensen apologized to the delegates for his previous support for gun control and reaffirmed his commitment to signing pro-2nd Amendment legislation if it hit his desk as Governor.

The Caucus has put together an informational website about Dr. Jensen’s record at ScottJensenOnGuns.com which explains his factual record on gun rights in great detail with links to source documents, audio clips, and videos.

“Voters will have to decide whether or not to trust Dr. Jensen with their Second Amendment rights, ” said Strawser.

Our letter to Dr. Jensen informing him of our endorsement decision can be viewed on our website at this link.

https://gunowners.mn/wp-content/uploads ... 0-2022.pdf

Full post from our website: https://gunowners.mn/2022-governor-endo ... -decision/
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Re: Press Release: MN Gun Owners Caucus - No Endorsement

Postby Lumpy on Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:39 pm

On the other hand he's now presumably the Republican nominee, and he could hardly be worse than Walz.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:51 pm

So bad or horrible are the choices.
Holland&Holland

Postby bstrawse on Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 pm

Lumpy wrote:On the other hand he's now presumably the Republican nominee, and he could hardly be worse than Walz.

He is now the Republican nominee.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:06 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So bad or horrible are the choices.

Again.....
Rowdy Roddy

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:33 am

Rowdy Roddy wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So bad or horrible are the choices.

Again.....

Still....
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby daleamn on Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:14 pm

This even got a mention on "Almanac", the TPT television show.
Almanac has actually had folk from the MN Gun Owners Caucus on their show and treated them politely. (However, in my humble opinion the show is left-leaning and they support all kinds of gun control.)
daleamn

Postby Lumpy on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:53 pm

Like any gun owner is going to vote for Walz.
Lumpy

Postby bstrawse on Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:27 pm

Lumpy wrote:Like any gun owner is going to vote for Walz.

There are tens of thousands of DFL gun owners that will vote for Walz.
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:28 pm

daleamn wrote:This even got a mention on "Almanac", the TPT television show.
Almanac has actually had folk from the MN Gun Owners Caucus on their show and treated them politely. (However, in my humble opinion the show is left-leaning and they support all kinds of gun control.)

We've always felt they have treated us very fairly when we've been on - and their hosts are great folks on and off the air as well.
b
bstrawse

Postby daleamn on Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:45 pm

TPT Almanac. Well, I like the show and I did say they were polite to you, and if you say they're good people that's good enough for me and actually cheers me up a bit. Not EVERYBODY we disagree with has to be painted as a bad guy.

I hope they continue to ask you on the show. I think you're good PR for 'common sense' gun control. (Yeah, I like to toss their phrase back at them...which is probably why I would NOT be a good spokes person for gun rights.)

Anyway keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated even if you don't hear from some of us that often.
daleamn

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:54 pm

daleamn wrote:TPT Almanac. Well, I like the show and I did say they were polite to you, and if you say they're good people that's good enough for me and actually cheers me up a bit. Not EVERYBODY we disagree with has to be painted as a bad guy.

I hope they continue to ask you on the show. I think you're good PR for 'common sense' gun control. (Yeah, I like to toss their phrase back at them...which is probably why I would NOT be a good spokes person for gun rights.)

Anyway keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated even if you don't hear from some of us that often.

If the only folk that vote with us were the ones that agreed with us, we would lose every election.
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics