My probably futile letter to Rep. Fue Lee's office

Firearms related political discussion forum

My probably futile letter to Rep. Fue Lee's office

Postby Lumpy on Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:48 pm

MNGOC is urging all of us to contact our representatives, so I did. FWIW, here's what I recently sent to Rep. Lee's office in response to the newsletter I'm signed up to receive.

UPCOMING LEGISLATIVE YEAR AND PROPOSED FIREARMS LAWS.

Rep. Lee,

As a gun owner, it is with a heavy heart that I see that the Democratic Party here in Minnesota is planning yet again to pursue the euphemistically named agenda of "preventing gun violence". I would be happy to be wrong but I fear that this will amount as usual to "try to forbid as many people as possible from owning guns". This dour assessment is based upon the bills that were proposed in the 2022 session. I could write an essay on each point of the gun control laws that were proposed in 2022 and look nearly certain to be re-proposed in 2023, but in summary I do not believe that such laws will meaningfully achieve anything, but will serve to further undermine the lawful possession of firearms.

It is especially sad because in contrast to the many worthwhile goals of the Democratic Party platform, gun control is in my opinion the most quixotic. This single issue- this crusade, this vendetta, this jihad against firearms- is the most useless in terms of costing the Democratic Party votes and political capital in pursuit of a goal as ill-thought out as Prohibition was in its day. In weeks to come the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is going to rally at the state capitol in opposition to such proposed firearms strictures. I urge you to take note and advise your colleagues in the DFL to consider whether voting to undermine what many Minnesotans regard as a fundamental liberty will either truly serve the people of Minnesota or support and strengthen the DFL's political position.

Sincerely,
Lumpy

Re: My probably futile letter to Rep. Fue Lee's office

Postby warrlac on Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:59 pm

Nicely put. Your communication takes a higher road than simply "Don't take my guns!", and it suggests that Rep. Lee consider what the consequences of past "it's for your safety" legislation has been?

We know the answer.
warrlac

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:37 pm

Well written. But commies are going to commie.
Jackpine Savage

Postby bstrawse on Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:24 am

Thanks for doing this!

We try and make it easy too -- our Action Center is now up and running for 2023:

https://gunowners.mn/action

b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Return to Politics