Minnesota Legislature needs to take action to strengthen gun

Firearms related political discussion forum

Minnesota Legislature needs to take action to strengthen gun

Postby jdege on Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:47 pm

https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2023/01/minnesota-legislature-needs-to-take-action-to-strengthen-gun-laws/
Minnesota Legislature needs to take action to strengthen gun laws
Only by tightening our gun laws are we truly protecting the rights of responsible gun owners and strengthening the Second Amendment.
Our legislature has bills to address the loopholes in the system such as background checks and extreme risk protection orders. It is now time to close these loopholes. In addition, a broader bill to address the gun issue should be considered. Sen. John Marty (DFL-Roseville) is introducing a bill which goes much further to include magazine sizes, silencers, ghost guns, 3D guns and mandatory insurance for gun owners. The State of Minnesota should also find a way around the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act so as to hold gun manufacturers accountable for the misuse of their products.
jdege

Re: Minnesota Legislature needs to take action to strengthen gun

Postby bstrawse on Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:29 pm

Bob Mokos is a shill for Giffords - they funded this "MN Gun Owners for Safety" group.

if there's any form of gun control proposed, Bob supports it.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby jdege on Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:44 pm

Only by tightening our gun laws are we truly protecting the rights of responsible gun owners and strengthening the Second Amendment. After all, a “well regulated militia” does not mean an unregulated armed populace.
jdege

Postby daleamn on Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:37 pm

Thanks for the info.
Both the link to the article in the first post and the information about Bob Mokos.
I appreciate knowing this stuff is going on.

I was heartened to see some comments to the Minnpost article supporting the right to keep and bear arms, it might not actually do any good to post there but like I said it does cheer me up to see there is some pushback going on.
daleamn

Postby rtk on Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:20 pm

Maybe try stopping the gang banger culture and fix the broken court system that keeps kicking them back out into the streets. The voters in the metro have buried their heads in sand about what the problem is and we are suffering the consequences. The issue is not going to solved by punishing the guy who follows the law, the problem is the people that have ingested the woke pill and are afraid to admit that there are bad actors in society but we can’t offend them….
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:29 am

rtk wrote:Maybe try stopping the gang banger culture and fix the broken court system that keeps kicking them back out into the streets. The voters in the metro have buried their heads in sand about what the problem is and we are suffering the consequences. The issue is not going to solved by punishing the guy who follows the law, the problem is the people that have ingested the woke pill and are afraid to admit that there are bad actors in society but we can’t offend them….

Control over the greatest group of offenders would stop the constant flow of news storused to advance the narrative. Plus " it's racist" to suggest that this is the problem. We are not a society that relies on personal responsibility, as a consequence, we attribute blame to in animate objects. We don't want to see the truth, so we avert our eyes from the human problems of Fatherless households, poorly run educational system and a feckless, guilt ridden criminal justice system. It will not turn around until we shut sown the indoctrination camps known as Public Schools.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:48 pm

I think we can all agree that drunk driving is bad. Therefore to save lives I propose we ban helicopters because they look scary.
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics