It's not looking good at the state capital

Firearms related political discussion forum

It's not looking good at the state capital

Postby Lumpy on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:56 pm

At this point it's only a matter of reconciling the House and Senate bills; it's a foregone conclusion that Walz will sign. :(
Lumpy

Re: It's not looking good at the state capital

Postby warrlac on Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

No it isn't. I would say that is not for a lack of trying however.

The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus has been working very hard on behalf of Minnesota gun owners. I know that they have been at the Capitol every day this session and have marshaled as many people as possible to testify, lobby and horse trade on these bills. They are well known to our GOP friends in the MN Legislature and have earned the respect of many who are across the aisle as well. Those of us who subscribe to MNGOC's mailing updates have been able to stay well informed on how things are going. I give Bryan, Elena and Rob a ton of credit for the heavy lifting they are doing.

On the other hand, I am disappointed in the NRA. I am the Legislative Chair at my gun club and have worked hard to liaise with the NRA over the past 6 months. Other than 90 seconds of testimony by the NRA's Brian Gosch in front of the Senate Judicial Committee in February, we have had zero NRA boots on the ground during this session.
warrlac

Postby bstrawse on Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:01 pm

Lumpy wrote:At this point it's only a matter of reconciling the House and Senate bills; it's a foregone conclusion that Walz will sign. :(

I don't agree with this. The Senate bill does not have gun control in it, the House version goes. We do not believe they have the votes in the Senate right now and we're working to keep it that way.

Full update & current status of the bills here:
https://gunowners.mn/take-action/2023-2024-session/

Thanks,
bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:01 pm

warrlac wrote:No it isn't. I would say that is not for a lack of trying however.

The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus has been working very hard on behalf of Minnesota gun owners. I know that they have been at the Capitol every day this session and have marshaled as many people as possible to testify, lobby and horse trade on these bills. They are well known to our GOP friends in the MN Legislature and have earned the respect of many who are across the aisle as well. Those of us who subscribe to MNGOC's mailing updates have been able to stay well informed on how things are going. I give Bryan, Elena and Rob a ton of credit for the heavy lifting they are doing.

On the other hand, I am disappointed in the NRA. I am the Legislative Chair at my gun club and have worked hard to liaise with the NRA over the past 6 months. Other than 90 seconds of testimony by the NRA's Brian Gosch in front of the Senate Judicial Committee in February, we have had zero NRA boots on the ground during this session.

Thanks!

Brian doesn't coordinate with us and I haven't spoken with him for a couple years now. We do coordinate with the grassroots staff (Nathan Cross, etc.).

Thanks,
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby daleamn on Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:59 am

Keep up the good fight.
I, and probably everybody here, appreciates what you're doing.
Good luck!
daleamn

Return to Politics