Form letters to legislators from MNGOC, GOA and NRA

Firearms related political discussion forum

Form letters to legislators from MNGOC, GOA and NRA

Postby Lumpy on Thu May 18, 2023 4:51 pm

If you've signed up to receive requests to add your name to these petitions, do take the time to customize them in your own words; even if only to precede the form letter with a disclaimer like "The following message from GOA has my full endorsement, YourName, voting district". I wouldn't doubt the standard form letters are automatically routed to the junk mail bin, but customizing them means that someone has to at least take five seconds to actually look at them. I routinely get the automated "thank you for your letter" replies from my legislators, which I doubt the form letters even get; and once or twice even an actual reply from Rep. Lee's undersecretary or some such.
Lumpy

Re: Form letters to legislators from MNGOC, GOA and NRA

Postby xd ED on Thu May 18, 2023 6:27 pm

Lumpy wrote:If you've signed up to receive requests to add your name to these petitions, do take the time to customize them in your own words; even if only to precede the form letter with a disclaimer like "The following message from GOA has my full endorsement, YourName, voting district". I wouldn't doubt the standard form letters are automatically routed to the junk mail bin, but customizing them means that someone has to at least take five seconds to actually look at them. I routinely get the automated "thank you for your letter" replies from my legislators, which I doubt the form letters even get; and once or twice even an actual reply from Rep. Lee's undersecretary or some such.

Form letters may not get read, but they ARE counted.
For whatever good that does in view of those who now 'represent' me.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:38 pm

I got a response letter from Ilhan Omar's office; not good. Basically it's entirely about how proud she is to support gun control. I could post it here if anyone cares but it's depressing if not outright enraging.
Lumpy

Postby bstrawse on Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:27 pm

Lumpy wrote:I got a response letter from Ilhan Omar's office; not good. Basically it's entirely about how proud she is to support gun control. I could post it here if anyone cares but it's depressing if not outright enraging.

She has no problem banning firearms.

None at all.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:30 pm

Lumpy wrote:I got a response letter from Ilhan Omar's office; not good. Basically it's entirely about how proud she is to support gun control. I could post it here if anyone cares but it's depressing if not outright enraging.

I don't care to read anything ever written by Ilhan Omar.
Holland&Holland

Postby ex-LT on Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:47 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

While I mostly agree with your sentiment here, I would gladly read a letter from her admitting she committed fraud to allow her brother to illegally gain entry into the United States, she is resigning in disgrace, forfeiting her congressional pension, and moving back to Somalia.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:45 am

ex-LT wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

While I mostly agree with your sentiment here, I would gladly read a letter from her admitting she committed fraud to allow her brother to illegally gain entry into the United States, she is resigning in disgrace, forfeiting her congressional pension, and moving back to Somalia.

I guess pot use was just passed here so…
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics