Red Flag?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Red Flag?

Postby daleamn on Sat May 20, 2023 1:51 am

“And did you raise your voice when you told him to leave?” asked Officer Franz.
“I don’t think I raised my voice, I did tell him, very clearly and very slowly I wasn’t interested in his services and I didn’t want him on my roof,” answered Dave Martin.
“Your neighbor said you were yelling at him,” said Franz.
“Which neighbor?”
Officer Franz shrugged, “I’m sorry, we don’t give out that information. But I do have to ask, were you yelling at the man?”
“Oh for God sakes!” exploded Dave Martin, “I had a hail storm chaser that wouldn’t take no for an answer and said he was going to go up on my roof and find hail damage, when we haven’t had a decent hail storm yet this year, and he said he’d find enough hail damage so that my insurance company would pay to have him replace my roof. The guy was a fraud and I’d be an idiot to let him work on any part of my house and I told him so and told him to get off my property. And if I ‘raised my voice’ it was only because I wanted him to understand me because he didn’t take me seriously the first three times I told him I wasn’t interested.”
“Your neighbor said they could clearly hear you. Do you still say you weren’t yelling?”
Dave Martin took a deep breath and let it out. “My neighbors might or might not have heard me. I sent a pushy, rude salesman, that I think was obviously trying to con me, on his way and I refuse to be questioned about how loud I was when I did it. I don’t want to answer any more questions about this incident and I think we’re done here.”
Without another word officer Franz closed his notebook turned and left.

Later at the police station, filling out the ‘red flag’ form, he checked the boxes ‘uncooperative’ and ‘belligerent’. He really didn’t like doing it, but lately he had to do many things he didn’t like.
daleamn

Re: Red Flag?

Postby Sorcerer on Sat May 20, 2023 8:58 pm

One must remember, anything you say to a lawmen will be used against you in a court of law. The only words out of your mouth is “ I do not make any statements to police “, with no further explanation.
Sorcerer

Re: Red Flag?

Postby Grayskies on Thu May 25, 2023 8:37 am

I'd suggest you video record every interaction you have with police.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Return to Politics