Hunter Biden---I am relieved!!! (sarcasm)

Firearms related political discussion forum

Hunter Biden---I am relieved!!! (sarcasm)

Postby daleamn on Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:01 pm

I'm almost confident that I speak for everyone on this site supporting the plea deal Hunter Biden got on the mistake he made filling out the 4473 when he bought his handgun.

I know I'm relieved that if I make a mistake after partaking of the wacky weed (now legal in Minnesota) that I won't face 10 EFFING YEARS in a Federal prison if I make a mistake and fail to check that box on the form.

Color me RELIEVED!!!
daleamn

Re: Hunter Biden---I am relieved!!! (sarcasm)

Postby Markemp on Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:10 pm

I feel like this is something that could be looked up. How many similar cases were filed in MN that resulted in a similar outcome to Hunter?
Laws and regulations preserve freedom by striking a balance among individuals' liberties.
Markemp

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:21 am

If Hunter's last name were Trump, what would the outcome have been?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:56 am

With a last name of Trump, our illustrious AG would have been tripping over himself to file charges. And at the federal level they would wet themselves.
Sorcerer

Postby Markemp on Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:27 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:If Hunter's last name were Trump, what would the outcome have been?

Something Trump hasn't figured out is that it isn't the crime that gets you in trouble. It's the coverup. See: Bill Clinton, Nixon.

Trump isn't being charged for any of the documents he willingly returned. He's only being charged for the ones he tried to hide, so exactly the same treatment that Biden and Pence are getting.

/insert plucking motion here
Laws and regulations preserve freedom by striking a balance among individuals' liberties.
Markemp

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:48 am

Hide, yea right. Protected by the Secret Service.

You are probably too young to remember Sandy Berger. He actually hid documents, in his pants. His penalty? A couple years probation and a fine. Then there's Hillary.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Markemp on Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:31 am

What sentence do you think Trump should get for hiding classified documents?

What sentence do you think Hunter should have received for possession of a firearm?

What sentence do you think this guy should get for possession of a firearm?
Markemp

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:51 am

Did you ever read the Durham report? Did you listen to any of his testimony the other day?

If you can't see that there is a two tiered injustice system in the country right now, you are willfully blind.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Markemp on Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:03 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:Did you ever read the Durham report? Did you listen to any of his testimony the other day?

If you can't see that there is a two tiered injustice system in the country right now, you are willfully blind.

Oh, there totally is a rules for thee and a rules for me thing going on. It helps to have money and influence.

So yeah, Hunter got convicted and sentenced, as is proper. Now let's do Trump. National security is something we should all agree on. Also election interference in Georgia. Can't wait for that one to go to trial. What a corrupt attempt to overthrow a legitimate election! He was so brazen in his attempt too.
Markemp

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:13 am

I'm talking about Republican vs. Democrat. Not rich vs. poor.

How many FBI raids have there been against Democrats lately? One of the many FBI whistleblowers came out and said the Florida FBI was pushed out of the way by the Washington DC FBI. It should have been handled differently.

The FBI will do an early morning raid on a Republican at the drop of a hat. And notify CNN ahead of time. Remember Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, General Flynn, all part of a bogus 'investigation'. And the list goes on and on.

That is the two tiered justice system. And your spin is just bull ****.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Markemp on Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:19 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:I'm talking about Republican vs. Democrat. Not rich vs. poor.

How many FBI raids have there been against Democrats lately? One of the many FBI whistleblowers came out and said the Florida FBI was pushed out of the way by the Washington DC FBI. It should have been handled differently.

The FBI will do an early morning raid on a Republican at the drop of a hat. And notify CNN ahead of time. Remember Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, General Flynn, all part of a bogus 'investigation'. And the list goes on and on.

That's so not true at all. The reason the republicans are facing so many criminal indictments is they have been committing a lot of crimes. It's catching up to them. Trump ran the most corrupt administration in American history, and the chickens have come home to roost.

The FBI has been led by a republican director for decades. The attack by the MAGA republicans on them is disgusting to watch. When democrats are caught committing crimes, they are held responsible just as often as republicans are.
Markemp

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:23 am

:lol:

So you haven't read the Durham report.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:32 pm

Markemp wrote:Trump ran the most corrupt administration in American history,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:40 pm

Markemp wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:I'm talking about Republican vs. Democrat. Not rich vs. poor.

That's so not true at all. The reason the republicans are facing so many criminal indictments is they have been committing a lot of crimes. It's catching up to them. Trump ran the most corrupt administration in American history, and the chickens have come home to roost.

The FBI has been led by a republican director for decades. The attack by the MAGA republicans on them is disgusting to watch. When democrats are caught committing crimes, they are held responsible just as often as republicans are.

Really? I guess now that it is legal you can smoke as much of it as you want. Doesn’t make it a reality though just because you think it is in your altered state.
Holland&Holland

Postby ex-LT on Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:12 am

Markemp wrote:So yeah, Hunter got convicted and sentenced, as is proper.

Let's get our facts straight here...

Hunter was NOT convicted. He was given a sweetheart plea deal by the Dept of JustUs, and his lawyer jumped on it.
As for the "sentence", probation for tax evasion and pre-trial diversion for lying on ATF Form 4473? I can all but guarantee you if it were you or I, we would have been facing a lot stiffer penalty than what the crack addict got.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Next

Return to Politics