Hunter Biden---I am relieved!!! (sarcasm)

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Hunter Biden---I am relieved!!! (sarcasm)

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:46 pm

Just cherry picking stories. I mean how many times did the irs let Trump off the hook? Oh wait
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:25 pm

Surely we can trust the IRS...

Special Report: Biden Weaponizing IRS Into a Well-Armed Paramilitary Force
Takeaways
It’s clear the IRS geared up so they could start raiding.

Last week a joint IRS/ATF team raided Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls, Montana. ATF agents were prohibited from seizing the gun shop’s 4473s, but the IRS agents weren’t. They seized hundreds of the forms.

Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen expressed concern over the seizure, asking, “What the hell does the IRS need with 4473s?” By now, I’m sure he realizes they were all handed over to the ATF.
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:23 am

jdege wrote:Surely we can trust the IRS...

Special Report: Biden Weaponizing IRS Into a Well-Armed Paramilitary Force
Takeaways
It’s clear the IRS geared up so they could start raiding.

Last week a joint IRS/ATF team raided Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls, Montana. ATF agents were prohibited from seizing the gun shop’s 4473s, but the IRS agents weren’t. They seized hundreds of the forms.

Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen expressed concern over the seizure, asking, “What the hell does the IRS need with 4473s?” By now, I’m sure he realizes they were all handed over to the ATF.

So is that what you get when you put an anti-gunner in charge of the federal agency who's role is to oversee the firearms industry? I mean who could'a thunk it?
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:05 am

Who's anti-gun? I don't know any democrats who are anti-gun. :roll:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:57 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Who's anti-gun? I don't know any democrats who are anti-gun. :roll:

I stand corrected, I really need to learn better. I don’t know how many times he had to tell me this.
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:52 am

Markemp wrote:
Something Trump hasn't figured out is that it isn't the crime that gets you in trouble. It's the coverup. See: Bill Clinton, Nixon.

Talking about coverups. The DOJ is just as corrupt as the FBI.

IRS Whistleblower Emails Suggest David Weiss Misled Congress In Letter Claiming Charging Authority
BY: MARGOT CLEVELAND
JUNE 26, 2023

Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss told the House Judiciary Committee he had “been granted ultimate authority” over prosecutorial decisions related to the criminal investigation into Hunter Biden in a June 7, 2023, letter obtained by The Federalist. However, Weiss’s letter to Congress — and Attorney General Merrick Garland’s earlier testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee that Weiss had “full authority” to charge Hunter Biden — directly conflicts with statements Weiss made to senior members of the team investigating the Biden son.

So either Weiss lied to his top investigators, or Weiss and Garland deceived Congress. There’s no other way around it.

More at link: https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/26/irs-whistleblower-emails-suggest-david-weiss-misled-congress-in-letter-claiming-charging-authority/
Jackpine Savage

Postby Grayskies on Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:34 am

IRS Whistleblower Emails Suggest David Weiss Misled Congress In Letter Claiming Charging Authority
BY: MARGOT CLEVELAND
JUNE 26, 2023

Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss told the House Judiciary Committee he had “been granted ultimate authority” over prosecutorial decisions related to the criminal investigation into Hunter Biden in a June 7, 2023, letter obtained by The Federalist. However, Weiss’s letter to Congress — and Attorney General Merrick Garland’s earlier testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee that Weiss had “full authority” to charge Hunter Biden — directly conflicts with statements Weiss made to senior members of the team investigating the Biden son.

So either Weiss lied to his top investigators, or Weiss and Garland deceived Congress. There’s no other way around it.

More at link: https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/26/irs-whistleblower-emails-suggest-david-weiss-misled-congress-in-letter-claiming-charging-authority/

They can't use the "lied" word?
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby jdege on Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:21 am

Weiss was t officially ordered what charges to file, he simply had an informal agreement to only for what he was told to...
jdege

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:44 pm

Republican senators condemn "two tier" justice on Hunter Biden gun charges:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/23/politics ... index.html
Lumpy

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:34 pm

Hunter's plea deal fell apart. Apparently the Injustice Department is just as inept as it is corrupt :lol:

Hunter Biden’s ‘Sweetheart’ Plea Deal ‘Dead and Off the Table’ as Case Falls Apart in Court
by Kyle BeckerJuly 26, 2023

Hunter Biden’s ‘sweetheart’ plea deal fell apart in court on Wednesday. The judge raised the dealbreaker issue to both the prosecutors and to Hunter Biden’s attorneys.

“So as I went back into the courtroom, the hearing had just begun again,” CNN reporter Kara Scannell said. “The judge was back on the bench and she was pressing the prosecution on this investigation and the four corners of this plea agreement. One of the prosecutors said that the investigator was very much ongoing and that she asked him, ‘Well, what is not covered in this plea agreement if you are leaving the possibility for bringing other future charges?”

More at link: https://beckernews.com/hunter-bidens-sweetheart-plea-deal-dead-and-off-the-table-as-case-falls-apart-in-court-51239/

Maybe Hunter's lawyer should lay off the bong while negotiating: :lol:

Jackpine Savage

Postby Lumpy on Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:17 pm

Sounds like the plea deal wasn't that good a bargain to begin with, if extra charges could be made later. My familiarity with the criminal justice system is primarily based on television police procedurals, but on TV they're constantly depicting defendants agreeing to deals only to get screwed anyway.
Lumpy

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:57 am

A good read on the coverup that the DOJ and Hunter were trying to pull.

Are The DOJ And Hunter Biden Attempting To Commit Fraud In Federal Court?

BY: MARGOT CLEVELAND JULY 31, 2023

One sentence — 13 words — out of the thousands spoken last Wednesday over the course of the three hours that federal prosecutors, defense attorneys, Hunter Biden, and Judge Maryellen Noreika discussed the president’s son’s plea agreement suggests the Department of Justice and Hunter Biden are attempting to commit fraud on a federal court.

On Wednesday, Hunter Biden appeared before a federal court in Delaware prepared to enter a guilty plea on two misdemeanor tax counts. The hearing, however, did not go as planned when Judge Noreika, rather than rubberstamping the sweetheart deal the Biden administration had entered into with the president’s son, quizzed the attorneys and Hunter Biden on the terms of the agreement and their respective understanding of the government’s promise not to further prosecute Hunter.

More at link: https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/31/are-the-doj-and-hunter-biden-attempting-to-commit-fraud-in-federal-court/
Jackpine Savage

Postby Lumpy on Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:43 pm

Okay, someone please explain to me what the judge's objection was really about: was her objection to Biden being off the hook or not off the hook? IOW, was it that Hunter Biden could still face future charges that the plea deal didn't cover; or was it that the terms of the plea deal implied that H. Biden was indictable on other charges that the DoJ was tacitly agreeing not to pursue?
Lumpy

PreviousNext

Return to Politics