Robert F. Kennedy on Gun Control

Firearms related political discussion forum

Robert F. Kennedy on Gun Control

Postby IvanTheTerribleShot on Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:48 pm

Yesterday YouTube fed me a video which, I think, aligns with this forum interest.

24:52 ...and that's why I don't take the easy, you know, democratic
answer on gun control, because it hasn't worked so far. It just hasn't worked.
It's just divided us.
We all but once the thing we have in common, we all want to protect our children.
So let's figure out a way to do that that doesn't impede on some of these deeply held values,
other americans deeply held values, and if we start trusting each other again, maybe ultimately we
can get gun control, sensible, commonsense, gun control through consensus rather than forcing it down people's throats.
IvanTheTerribleShot

Re: Robert F. Kennedy on Gun Control

Postby Grayskies on Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:44 am

What they mean by sensible commonsense gun control; A total ban on all civilian ownership of guns. I have trust for these commonsense gun control types, I trust they want to ban every gun in civilian hands and criminalize self-defense.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Markemp on Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:37 am

Grayskies wrote:What they mean by sensible commonsense gun control; A total ban on all civilian ownership of guns. I have trust for these commonsense gun control types, I trust they want to ban every gun in civilian hands and criminalize self-defense.

Who is "they"? None of the democrats I know believe in what you are saying we do.
Laws and regulations preserve freedom by striking a balance among individuals' liberties.
Markemp

Postby Lumpy on Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:25 am

Grayskies wrote:What they mean by sensible commonsense gun control; A total ban on all civilian ownership of guns. I have trust for these commonsense gun control types, I trust they want to ban every gun in civilian hands and criminalize self-defense.

Nonsense, they don't want a total ban on all civilian ownership of guns; rich and politically connected people and their bodyguards will have all the guns they want.
Lumpy

Postby Grayskies on Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:24 pm

Markemp wrote:

Who is "they"? None of the democrats I know believe in what you are saying we do.

They = Those that believe in sensible commonsense gun control.

I didn’t say the word democrat, you did.

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Grayskies on Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:28 pm

Lumpy wrote:

Nonsense, they don't want a total ban on all civilian ownership of guns; rich and politically connected people and their bodyguards will have all the guns they want.

The rich and politically connected believe they're above the law.

Perhaps I should have used the word peon instead of civilian?

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby IvanTheTerribleShot on Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:31 pm

Markemp wrote:None of the democrats I know believe in what you are saying we do.

You mean, you don't know this guy? You should.

IvanTheTerribleShot

Postby daleamn on Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:06 pm

Please don't overstate the gun control folks agenda. They only want 'reasonable' or 'sensible' gun control...(yeah sarcasm)

*Like the above mentioned quote from Beto wanting to ban 'assault weapons'.

*Like Josh Sugarmann wanting to ban all handguns.
https://www.amazon.com/Every-Handgun-Ai ... 1565847059
"Josh Sugarmann makes the convincing case that the only way to reduce gun violence is to ban handguns completely"

*Like the call to ban 'sniper' weapons...you know, bolt action rifles that could accept a scope.

*Like the call to ban those 'obscene Rhino' bullets---'Flesh-shredding bullets like Rhino-Ammo'
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

*Like the call to ban the 'Black Talon' bullets

*Like the call to ban teflon coated bullets

*Like the call to ban ANY bullet that could penetrate a 'bullet proof' vest

You know, 'SENSIBLE' and 'REASONABLE' restrictions.

And please let's never forget Nancy Pelosi's quote about gun control
daleamn

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:50 pm

What? No you must be mistaken. Pelosi? Who is that? The dems have never heard of her.
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:05 am

Markemp wrote:

No one believes what you are pedaling. Look at Australia, Great Britain, Canada, New Zealand. Those are great examples of the slippery slope. Gun control never prevents people from committing crimes and atrocities, so there is always a rationalization for more control.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Lumpy on Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:00 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:No one believes what you are pedaling. Look at Australia, Great Britain, Canada, New Zealand. Those are great examples of the slippery slope. Gun control never prevents people from committing crimes and atrocities, so there is always a rationalization for more control.

Ah, but there's less gun crime! Mission Accomplished! (Well, until they have to start banning knives).
Lumpy

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:20 am

Lumpy wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:No one believes what you are pedaling. Look at Australia, Great Britain, Canada, New Zealand. Those are great examples of the slippery slope. Gun control never prevents people from committing crimes and atrocities, so there is always a rationalization for more control.

Ah, but there's less gun crime! Mission Accomplished! (Well, until they have to start banning knives).

With the number of guns we have in circulation, our open border, and the illegal drug trade, there will NOT be less gun crime.
Jackpine Savage

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:
Lumpy wrote:

With the number of guns we have in circulation, our open border, and the illegal drug trade, there will NOT be less gun crime.

Totally agree there is no way even banning ownership would do anything to stop the crime wave. They STILL want control though!
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Return to Politics