Protect Minnesota is Hiring!!!!

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby warrlac on Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:42 am

Citing flawed “research” about gun violence being the #1 cause of death among children (it is not) and other JUST DO SOMETHING statistics, knee-jerk liberals believe that their feelings matter way more than anything written by those dead white men who wrote the Constitution.

Educated, Enlightened and Elite; our ruling class of Ivy League pedigree just know that the right to bear arms, free speech, right to privacy and all that "America stuff" has to go away.

AND THEY HAVE THE MONEY TO MAKE IT SO!!!

Check out the $55-65K work from home job description below:

General Description

The Director of Outreach and Organizing at Protect Minnesota (PM) oversees the development and implementation of projects and programs to engage key audiences for gun violence prevention in Minnesota. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a multitude of diverse education and outreach initiatives to achieve the mission goal of preventing gun violence in Minnesota through engagement, advocacy, and community-led solutions. This is an exempt, full-time, salaried position.

Job Functions

Program Management and Implementation Oversee and participate in the simultaneous implementation of a wide range of outreach and education initiatives with varying timelines, budgets, and funders. These initiatives are comprised of events, educational materials, programs, demonstration projects, and collaborations and coalition work. Provide communications to and organize target audiences including, but not limited to healthcare professionals, educators, people of faith, scientists and researchers, volunteers, and local rural and urban communities. Seek to employ new and better tools and techniques as they become available.

Program Development Develop and implement outreach programs, projects, and activities to reach target audiences with key messages and tools for preventing gun violence and advocating for an end to gun violence in Minnesota.Develop partnerships and resources to support them.

Supervision, Budgeting, and Reporting Supervise volunteers to maximize organizational impact. Oversee work planning for a suite of programs, each of which incorporates multiple projects, components, and funding sources. Report on progress and results to PM leadership and funders.

Administrative Provide communications, data, programming, and reporting administrative duties as assigned.

Organizational Leadership As a member of PM’s senior management team, the Director of Outreach and Organizing develops and provides strategic direction for PM’s outreach efforts to achieve organizational goals, responding to opportunities and changing needs among partners and audiences. Actively engage in cross-functional management discussions. Represent PM at speaking engagements, workshops, conferences, and on committees to advance base-building and partnership opportunities.

Required Skills and Experience

Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
2+ years of experience managing, developing, and implementing education and outreach programs.
Proven organizational and project management skills, including the ability to lead successful teams and manage a diverse array of projects and tasks.
Good working understanding of gun violence as an issue.
Experience managing volunteers and working with partners and coalitions to implement strategies.
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Good computer skills, including knowledge of Google Suite.
Ability to transport self and attend events regularly throughout the state of Minnesota.
A commitment to diversity and equity in gun violence prevention work and an understanding of the various ways different communities are impacted by gun violence.

Working Conditions

This is a remote position based anywhere in Minnesota. Time will be spent attending meetings and events at various locales throughout the state.

This position reports to the Executive Director.

Compensation

This is a full-time exempt position.

Compensation scale is $55,000-$65,000 depending on qualifications.

Robust benefits package including healthcare and severance.

To Apply

Email your resume to maggiy@protectmn.org.

With the Progressive Left in control and political favor garnered from every woke idea -- Money pours in from Non-Profits, PACS, Political Activists and Private Donors to fund these jobs.

Think about it. Then do what I do -- Become a 2nd Amendment Defender with MNGOC.
warrlac

Re: Protect Minnesota is Hiring!!!!

Postby crbutler on Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:38 am

If they follow their leaders, it will amount to an unqualified equity hire.

If they want to throw $65K at a person who will not advance their agenda, who am I to complain?

More likely it will be some connected stay at home mom type who is educated past her intelligence.
crbutler

Postby westhope on Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:16 pm

Robust benefits package including healthcare and severance.

I have never considered “severance” as a benefit.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby dismal on Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:50 pm

One of us who isn’t known in the gun community should pull a Mary McFate and apply. :)

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... obby-mole/

65k for a salaried job with lots of travel doesn’t sound that great though…
dismal

Postby daleamn on Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:11 pm

One of us who isn’t known in the gun community should pull a Mary McFate and apply.

I was thinking the same thing.

You know it wouldn't take much to push a couple of their points over the edge to actually offend the majority of Minnesotans.

They wouldn't realize it until the push back came and even then they would sympathize with you, agree with you and probably let you continue on in their employ.

And if anybody wants to try it and is concerned about the fact they are an old white guy, well just IDENTIFY as something else.

Time will be spent attending meetings and events at various locales throughout the state.

Be sure to mention you'll be using your ELECTRIC vehicle to travel to these events.
daleamn

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:54 pm

daleamn wrote:
One of us who isn’t known in the gun community should pull a Mary McFate and apply.

I was thinking the same thing.

You know it wouldn't take much to push a couple of their points over the edge to actually offend the majority of Minnesotans.

They wouldn't realize it until the push back came and even then they would sympathize with you, agree with you and probably let you continue on in their employ.

And if anybody wants to try it and is concerned about the fact they are an old white guy, well just IDENTIFY as something else.

Time will be spent attending meetings and events at various locales throughout the state.

Be sure to mention you'll be using your ELECTRIC vehicle to travel to these events.

Except I identify as a gun nut.

My pronouns are Me/Mine
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics