Trump to address NRA

Firearms related political discussion forum

Trump to address NRA

Postby Lumpy on Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:54 pm

Currently scheduled to be a keynote speaker at the Great American Outdoor Show on February 9, 2024, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Frankly I'm unaware of Trump doing much of anything to support gun owners; I do remember he went along with bump stock bans. Can we expect any real support from Trump on gun rights?
Lumpy

Re: Trump to address NRA

Postby Markemp on Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:41 pm

I’m willing to bet that Trump is going to tell you exactly what you want to hear.
Laws and regulations preserve freedom by striking a balance among individuals' liberties.
Markemp

Postby crbutler on Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:22 pm

Markemp wrote:I’m willing to bet that Trump is going to tell you exactly what you want to hear.

As opposed to Biden telling me “I don’t care what you think, it’s like the thing, just fire a shot over their heads with a double barrel! C’mon man!”

With Trump there is at least a possibility that he won’t make things worse on guns/hunting.

Biden there is a guarantee he will try and make things worse from a gun control perspective.

Neither is a winner on the issue AFAIC.
crbutler

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:02 am

Markemp wrote:I’m willing to bet that Trump is going to tell you exactly what you want to hear.

I am unfortunately going to agree with you on this.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:01 am

Trump might not be the staunch ally we'd like him to be, but his 3 Supreme Court nominees (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barret) gave us the Bruen decision.

What kind of a sh@thole would we be in now if Garland and 2 more like minded neo-marxists been on the court?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:30 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Trump might not be the staunch ally we'd like him to be, but his 3 Supreme Court nominees (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barret) gave us the Bruen decision.

What kind of a sh@thole would we be in now if Garland and 2 more like minded neo-marxists been on the court?

Well said!
Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:43 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Trump might not be the staunch ally we'd like him to be, but his 3 Supreme Court nominees (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barret) gave us the Bruen decision.

This
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics