2024 NRA Board Election Reform Candidates

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby xd ED on Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:07 am

The NRA BoD Elections, and this specific article were the topics of discussion at a gun club meeting I attended last night.

2024 NRA Board Election Reform Candidates. - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News

Four candidates dedicated to reforming the troubled NRA will be on the ballot for election to the NRA Board of Directors this year. Judge Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and me, Jeff Knox, all qualified for the ballot by petition of the members.

We are encouraging people to vote for only these four and no one else. This is called “Bullet Voting” and gives your votes more weight, increasing the odds of us winning seats.

Ballots are supposed to be in the March issue of NRA magazines for those members eligible to vote.

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: 2024 NRA Board Election Reform Candidates

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:14 pm

Thanks for posting that.
Jackpine Savage

Postby ashes on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:02 pm

It would be a shame to lose a pro gun organization. Once upon a time the political left pissed their pants when the NRA showed up to anything, though that was long before DC VS Heller and since then they've become something of a has-been who's reputation is all past.

If the NRA could become even half of what it once was I was be extremely glad.

Meanwhile, state level pro 2A orgs that show up for meetings, file suit, shake hands with state level people, and play well with others (other pro 2A orgs) are the ones we should support, and speaking for myself the only ones I will support. Should the day ever come that the NRA is such an organization I'll be joining. Until then, they only exist to siphon funds away from the cause, in the same way that people like Niki Haley are only in it to split the Republican vote. "Trojan Horse" is what I think they call it.

I'll be watching the NRA's next moves with great interest. We do have a pony in this race.
ashes

Postby crbutler on Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:51 pm

I’ve been voting only for candidates that were not nominated by the committee for years now.

Somehow I haven’t see them winning.

We shall see.

I’ve been a patron life member for over 10 years, but haven’t given them anything lately because of LaPierre.
crbutler

Postby Lumpy on Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:57 pm

Regretfully, I don't know enough about any of the candidates to pass judgement. Do any of them walk the walk as well as talk the talk?
Lumpy

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:30 pm

Always perplexing not knowing where to go to get information on those seeking election. Even the 4 presented are not presented with a clear idea of what voting for them means - REFORM CANDIDATE - means what? The reason the vote turn out is so low is that we have no idea what any of these people are all about. We need some fire breathers in the leadership seat and I'm not sure I get the impression that describes any one of them.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:29 pm

I got my magazine and ballot in the mail today.
Jackpine Savage

Postby bstrawse on Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:01 pm

I know Jeff Knox personally but I do not know any of the others. I would support Jeff.

I'm a NRA Patron member but don't give them any money anymore.

Nationally the two organizations that we have regular contact with and coordinate actions legislatively and on the legal front are:
- Firearms Policy Coalition
- Second Amendment Foundation

The Executive Director of SAF, Adam Kraut, will be our keynote at our rally in April at the State Capitol.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby nhluke on Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:39 pm

My cynicism says it's as important as hiring a new crew for the Titanic 90 min after it hit an iceberg.
nhluke

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:49 am

Took a little to think it over and voted No on the addition of the chief compliance officer. Assuming they lost a lot of contributing members over the scandal, I am perplexed with them trying to add another high paying position.
gun_fan111v2

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:29 am

Here's Rob Pincus talking to Jeff Knox about the board election and reform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJ1TF49Cm0

Jackpine Savage

Postby Lumpy on Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:28 pm

Does MNGOC or GOA have a position on any of these?
Lumpy

Postby bstrawse on Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Lumpy wrote:Does MNGOC or GOA have a position on any of these?

Other than the NRA sucks?

No.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby warrlac on Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

crbutler wrote:I’ve been voting only for candidates that were not nominated by the committee for years now.

Somehow I haven’t see them winning.

We shall see.

I’ve been a patron life member for over 10 years, but haven’t given them anything lately because of LaPierre.

I sent in my ballot a week ago. Only voted for the four who were brought up via petition. Not sure if anything can be salvaged at this point. Haven't seen the NRA Governmental Affairs director (lobbyist) for over a year here in Minnesota. Not expecting to see him anytime soon either...

Their NRA Grassroots program is hollow and fake as the plywood set at your local community theater. They say that they have presence on social media but apparently believe that simply having an account, one each, on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, SnapChat, etc. is presence. Meanwhile, I can't open a social messaging app during election season without having Biden, Harris, Angie Craig or a group hating on Conservatives tell me how America is bad, DEI is wonderful and abortion is NOT killing babies.

Everytown is bragging about how the anti-gunners "took down" the NRA. I think they are taking too much credit. The NRA took down the NRA.
warrlac

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:10 pm

That picture of the 4 posted in OP message looks like a police line up. It will be years and allot of proof that they are back doing what they are supposed to before I rejoin.
Bearcatrp

Return to Politics