Paymar to introduce "Gun Show" bill on House floor

Firearms related political discussion forum

Paymar to introduce "Gun Show" bill on House floor

Postby princewally on Fri May 08, 2009 8:47 am

The gun show fraud is back.

Andrew Rothman wrote:From CSM:

Subject: Historic House vote on closing gun show loophole! Act today!

Dear Andrew,

Thanks to your e-actions last week, the Minnesota House will have a historic chance to close the gun show loophole as early as today! Rep. Michael Paymar will offer an amendment on the House floor and needs you to voice your support! Click here to act!

The gun show loophole allows assault weapons and other firearms to be sold legally by unlicensed sellers at gun shows without a background check. Urge Minnesota House members to support the Paymar amendment today!

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has identified gun shows as a "major trafficking channel," with over 25,000 guns trafficked through gun shows in one 17-month period alone. Mexican drug cartels are using U.S. gun shows to buy the weapons they are using to assassinate police officials. This is unacceptable. This is one reason why the Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association favors closing the gun show loophole. Eighty-two percent of the Minnesota public supports background checks for all gun sales, according to the U of M Center for Survey Research.

We went to a gun show earlier this year in Minnesota, where unlicensed sellers had AR-15s, AK-47s and semiautomatic pistols with high-capacity magazines available for sale with no background check. This is happening in our state, and it must stop before more lives are lost.

Click here to take action today!

Thank you for taking action!

Heather Martens
Executive Director
Citizens for a Safer Minnesota
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Re: Paymar to introduce "Gun Show" bill on House floor

Postby WWJD on Fri May 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Dear Heather,

I'm so glad you are out there!
Thankyou for protecting the sheeple! Without you, what would they do? How many of( more than six?) them were on the steps of the capital this year, to cheer you on, and support your wonderful cause?

I absolutely adore the fact that Cheif Bling and his organisation are totally behind you! It must feel comforting that Mayor Bloomberg, has his hand up your rear, the same way he makes Cheif Knights lips move.

Now, while I am enthralled by your love and hugs and touchy feelings movement,

HOW ABOUT YOU BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS WITH FACTS, NOT HYPERBOLE .............

Love and hugs

Jack
WWJD
Stomp on your goolies, abuse Justabullet catcher, make you give up the info right there and then and then save the world.
IF LIFE WAS ONLY THAT EASY, AND JUSTA WASN'T A PLONKER...BLISS!

FU.. Pei Ying Brit...can I pee on your sofa?!!!
WWJD

Return to Politics