WV law change

Firearms related political discussion forum

WV law change

Postby princewally on Tue May 19, 2009 8:24 pm

308Mike from another site wrote:From NRA-ILA:

[center]Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Reform Bill Becomes Law in West Virginia[/center]

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On May 8, Governor Joe Manchin, III (D) signed House Bill 3314 into law. This important bill makes significant changes to the concealed carry statutes in West Virginia.

The new law regarding reciprocity will allow more states to enter into reciprocity agreements with West Virginia and vice versa. HB 3314 will also remove a permit holder’s social security number from their permit and require the process of reissuing permits to fall under the same 45-day deadline as issuing permits. Lastly, out of state non-resident permits will now be recognized as valid in West Virginia.

Please contact the Governor’s office and thank him for signing this important pro-gun legislation. Also, please contact your legislators and thank them for all their hard work this session. You can find your legislator’s contact information here. To contact Governor Manchin, please call toll-free at 1-(800) 438-2731 or email him at Governor@WVGov.org.

WV now recognizes any permit.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Re: WV law change

Postby princewally on Wed May 20, 2009 7:53 am

As pointed out to me elsewhere, my reading comprehension was crap when I posted this.

WV recognizes non-resident permits if they have a reciprocity agreement. Your non-res FL permit will let you carry in WV, your MN permit will NOT.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Return to Politics