Peeing on our Collective couch

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Peeing on our Collective couch

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:44 pm

nyffman wrote:I understand all that, Wally. What I don't get is why someone, who by his own past admission is "just a guy", feels the need to inject himself so forefully into this? Maybe he thinks that he can help push Campion out of his position? Maybe he has now risen above his humble beginnings as "just a guy". And what secret information does he have that would make his input valuable? IMHO, he should have opened up a can of STFU.

EXACTLY - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick of self important and well, self appointed activists and causeheads that are so misguided, they put us all in a bad light. People that fail sandbox should not be allowed to represent a ham sandwich.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:21 pm

princewally wrote:Campion is an arrogant piece of work, and the guy who redefined 'substantially similar' to mean 'meets or exceeds'. He had brought on anything anyone says about him all by himself. The recent public warning for the gang task force is just another reason to question his judgment.

I have less of a reason to question his judgment (Campions') than someone else that we all know (The Unkempt toddler) .

Who knows perhaps the MN Department of Public Safety will have a parody site sometime soon..... :oops: (somehow I doubt it...) Perhaps someone will just make us one more staunch enemy waiting out there in the weeds to hit us over the head, oh and he actually has the clout to do it. (Commish Campion that is) The other guy has no clout as far as we know - if you ask him it is a whole different thing.

Clout-less or not - people that hate us and what we stand for ARE listening. and unfortunately reading. And those people CAN hurt YOUR Rights with the stroke of a PEN.

Ain't it great being thrown under the bus by one of our own? Oh thats right - he IS a movement of ONE. (his OWN words)

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Tutmos on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:55 pm

So ultimately what are you proposing? Do people need to walk on eggshells around these "important" people and hope issues will never be resolved and just go unnoticed? To be honest a lot of case law is established by essentially taunting an official into doing something that they probably would have ignored otherwise and the issue would just hang out there never to be resolved until someone has standing to sue because they were impacted by the officials actions.

I'd much rather have everything out in the open and resolved to avoid ***** footing around like this. Having muddy, undefined issues gives too much power to officials to hold over the public. I know nothing about either of these guys and I'm just responding to some of the morsels in the thread. Why do we think anyone will feel this person represents gun owners as a group as opposed to just being some guy talking about the issue? Is there any merit to what he's talking about?
Tutmos

Postby 1911fan on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Tutmos. There are very polite, yet firm ways to let someone know that you are upset with their position. A straightfoward but respectful letter that states simply and unambiguously your position and why you believe your position is "more correct" than their position will get far more attention of the desired kind than will one like "Hey you commie SOB" kinds of letter (save those Mr Marty of Roseville). JK.

Who do you pay more attention to, the resepectful guy who says "I have a problem with X, could we discuss this..." or the guy who starts off with " hey you idiot!!!".

Let's keep our friends as friends

This is not condoning selling out on our beliefs but rather not backstabbing our friends.
1911fan

Postby old guy on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:05 am

There goes the neighborhood. :cry:

John
old guy

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:22 am

Tutmos wrote:So ultimately what are you proposing? Do people need to walk on eggshells around these "important" people and hope issues will never be resolved and just go unnoticed? To be honest a lot of case law is established by essentially taunting an official into doing something that they probably would have ignored otherwise and the issue would just hang out there never to be resolved until someone has standing to sue because they were impacted by the officials actions.

I'd much rather have everything out in the open and resolved to avoid ***** footing around like this. Having muddy, undefined issues gives too much power to officials to hold over the public. I know nothing about either of these guys and I'm just responding to some of the morsels in the thread. Why do we think anyone will feel this person represents gun owners as a group as opposed to just being some guy talking about the issue? Is there any merit to what he's talking about?

I am not proposing anything and as far as I am concerned as long as the FBI is involved that should be enough for anyone. AND who the hell cares ........ I could basically care less about what every cop or official does. We have real issues to deal with - oh and I have a life.

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby DeanC on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:24 am

1911fan wrote:Tutmos. There are very polite, yet firm ways to let someone know that you are upset with their position.

You mean like meeting in person with the commissioner at his office and the guy who actually wrote the law?
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:35 am

DeanC wrote:
1911fan wrote:Tutmos. There are very polite, yet firm ways to let someone know that you are upset with their position.

You mean like meeting in person with the commissioner at his office and the guy who actually wrote the law?

So go after him on something completely unrelated to your point?

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 am

Our collective couch can be peed on in a lot of ways - the first way is eating our own for "Sport" - and this is the thing that bothers me the most.

Just think of it - you get in a jam, you are forced to defend yourself - you exercise your 5th amendment rights - and somebody whom purports to represent the community is out there slandering your prosecutor, the DPS Commish, the Cops, pointing out what you did right - and err... wrong (most likely the highlight) . SWEET HUH?

The first rule of fight club - you don't talk about fight club....

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Widge on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:18 am

I wish someone would just post what this is all about instead of using all these cryptic conundrums. I know who Campion is, but I have no idea who is 'taunting' him, or why they might be doing such a thing.

'John has a long moustache', I say again, 'John has a long moustache', 'The violin wounds my heart with a monotonous languor' I say again, ''The violin wounds my heart with a monotonous languor'.
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Postby Mo_the_Mouse on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:51 am

Joel R has been open and vocally roasting Champion over the Gang Strike Force mess.
Mmmmm, bacontini.
Mo_the_Mouse

Postby nyffman on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:55 am

open and vocally roasting Champion over the Gang Strike Force mess.

not to mention sophomoricaly
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Widge on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:57 am

Mo_the_Mouse wrote:Joel R has been open and vocally roasting Champion over the Gang Strike Force mess.

Ah, where?
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Postby Lastgunshop on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:07 am

Mo_the_Mouse wrote:Joel R has been open and vocally roasting Champion over the Gang Strike Force mess.

and why? This would only piss off more people and do we really need this, as a gun rights group?
Joel has a right to do so, but I wouldn't.
Lastgunshop

Postby nyffman on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:13 am

It's probably a good idea for someone representing some subgroup of the population to keep shining light on this. Like maybe someone representing groups that were more directly affected by the gang strike force? If second amendment advocacy is really his priority, he wouldn't be so hot on this. But maybe his priorities are something closer to home?
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

PreviousNext

Return to Politics