Peeing on our Collective couch

Firearms related political discussion forum

Peeing on our Collective couch

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:52 pm

Does anyone out there think that taunting Michael Campion is a bad idea? Does anyone think that this is a reasonable course of action when the FBI is investigating someones obsession? Does anyone think that someone that purports to be the Self Appointed watchdog of 2A rights needs to taunt these people and make MORE enemies for US?

Man talk about not firing on all cylinders.

I can haz some clean underpants now and a shower, and perhaps a grooming session........
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Re: Peeing on our Collective couch

Postby westberg on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Is there some recent events or background?
westberg

Postby ttousi on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 pm

bad idea ?.........probably. Good idea..........probably not.

Generally I look at this type of thing and answer a few questions before I leap

What's the end objective?
What is accomplished other than irritating the person(s)?
What will be the unintended consequences?
How will future interactions be affected?
Will my actions harm others?

Answer those and it may help you decide whether it's worth the effort.

Why are you going to go after the commish?

just who was your instructor anyway!
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Chuck on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:17 pm

westberg wrote:Is there some recent events or background?

The metro strike force thing?
Chuck

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Chuck wrote:
westberg wrote:Is there some recent events or background?

The metro strike force thing?

Guess.

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 pm

ttousi wrote:
Why are you going to go after the commish?

just who was your instructor anyway!

I would never be so presumptuous - you would have to be some sort of ill informed and self serving "activist" to do so.

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby nyffman on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Pinnacle wrote:Does anyone out there think that taunting Michael Campion is a bad idea? Does anyone think that this is a reasonable course of action when the FBI is investigating someones obsession? Does anyone think that someone that purports to be the Self Appointed watchdog of 2A rights needs to taunt these people and make MORE enemies for US?

Man talk about not firing on all cylinders.

I can haz some clean underpants now and a shower, and perhaps a grooming session........

YES. NO. NO. YES. Sounds like a good idea, considering the whole situation. Your friends should appreciate that. :P

Should we be following the money here?
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby TC95GT on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:05 pm

That phrase "peeing on a couch" sound familiar.
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Postby DeanC on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Welcome to change and hope where questioning politicians makes you suspect. Like attending an Appleseed.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby ttousi on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Where is justaguy when you need him. He has the answers!

justabat signal.jpg
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby nyffman on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Maybe I don't understand something. But Campion isn't an elected official, right? I don't see this as an issue of becoming a suspect. I see it as an issue of unnecessarily going after a bureaucrat who can do more harm to the cause which you claim to be representing than you can do to him. It would seem to be rather ill conceived to be stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum in this case. If the FBI is investigating the allegations, what does this guy know, more than the FBI and how does this further either the cause of 2A activism and/or this investigation? Looks more like a case of ******* in his/our nest than anything else. BTW, I hope to get on the list by way of attending an appleseed sometime this fall, if that's all it takes.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby princewally on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Campion is an arrogant piece of work, and the guy who redefined 'substantially similar' to mean 'meets or exceeds'. He had brought on anything anyone says about him all by himself. The recent public warning for the gang task force is just another reason to question his judgment.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby Pinnacle on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:30 pm

princewally wrote:Campion is an arrogant piece of work, and the guy who redefined 'substantially similar' to mean 'meets or exceeds'. He had brought on anything anyone says about him all by himself. The recent public warning for the gang task force is just another reason to question his judgment.

Just missing the point...

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby 1911fan on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:35 pm

No matter what personal feelings one might have about Mr Campion, there are ways to do things that do not involve disparagement and ridicule.

First. He does not have the political clout to have made that decision for himself. It has his signature on it but he was told what the current administrations views were. Second, all politics are local. To understand why they did this, ask yourself whom does it directly affect, and what deals could have been made to make this decision one the administration was willing to take heat on.
1911fan

Postby nyffman on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:39 pm

I understand all that, Wally. What I don't get is why someone, who by his own past admission is "just a guy", feels the need to inject himself so forefully into this? Maybe he thinks that he can help push Campion out of his position? Maybe he has now risen above his humble beginnings as "just a guy". And what secret information does he have that would make his input valuable? IMHO, he should have opened up a can of STFU.
nyffman

Next

Return to Politics