CANCELLED - WTS .22LR CCI

Buy/Sell/Trade firearms accessories

CANCELLED - WTS .22LR CCI

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Ad deleted.

I've taken too much flack and it's just not worth the hassle to try and sell some ammo that is really for the benefit of others. I certainly don't need the money or the ammo that badly; and even more so, I don't need the giant PITA this has become. It's just not worth it to me. I've explained myself and some people refuse to get it. It's off. It's over. Screw it. I'm pulling the offer to sell it.

I'm a big bad guy because I won't bend over and take it in the ass by losing money on the deal or selling it low enough so someone else can get make a profit from it. People won't get anymore sympathy from me. If they run out or can't get any ammo, eff 'em. Too bad.

There. Now everyone is certain to be happy.
Last edited by XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: WTS .22LR CCI

Postby Kelor on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:41 pm

A ptp or ptc for an ammo purchase?
Kelor

Postby Evad on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Kelor wrote:A ptp or ptc for an ammo purchase?

I think many would find it odd, but let's be honest. His sale, his rules. He could request payment in dirty socks and demand you wear a fedora. You have the right to not buy as much as he has the right to not sell. At the price I think it's there because he doesn't particularly want to sell, but would for that price.
Evad

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Evad wrote:
Kelor wrote:A ptp or ptc for an ammo purchase?

I think many would find it odd, but let's be honest. His sale, his rules. He could request payment in dirty socks and demand you wear a fedora. You have the right to not buy as much as he has the right to not sell. At the price I think it's there because he doesn't particularly want to sell, but would for that price.

Exactly.

Yeah, the PTP is overkill, as is the PTC, but I would rather err on the side of paranoia than not when it comes to guns and ammo, especially in this day and age.

I wouldn't mind selling the ammo. To be honest, I don't really need the money, have plenty of ammo as well, but I'd be a fool to offer it at $10 for 100 only to have it be re-sold at a much higher price online elsewhere. Why should I sell it wholesale for someone else to sell it retail (for these times)? If someone pays my price, chances are they'll use it. If they can sell it for more, good for them, but I'm not going to make it easy either.

.22LR is rare. If someone wants it, cool. Here it is. If not, cool, then not. No skin off my nose either way.

I think the gripe people have about not finding ammo online is what they REALLY mean is "I can't find ammo online for what I consider "normal" prices. I'm used to paying X and it's selling for Y." I found some .22LR and .45ACP online a few hours ago. Heck, I've paid .25 a round for .45ACP, that was cheap. Average was .30 - .35, I recently paid .45, now i see it anywhere from .55 - .70 a round. Hopefully it'll go back down, but in the mean time, if I want it, I must pay for it. I want a Ferrari for $20 too, but I'm not going to get that now am I?

One reason for my high price is noted above, but also for the fact that if I want to replace it, it's going to cost me more than I paid, but I don't want it to cost me more than I make selling the ammo, or else I'm better off keeping it. It's not personal, it's just business; and I need to insulate myself financially from prices going higher and/or supply getting less.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Sigfan220 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:03 pm

22lr isn't rare :roll: It's just guys like you are buying it all up and reselling at a huge markup. Yeah I know free market bla bla bla. It's just getting a little old, yeah I know I don't have to read all of the posts. But come on.
Sigfan220

WTS .22LR CCI

Postby unit44justin on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:14 pm

So you don't want people buying your ammo at retail prices to resell, yet it is ok for you to buy ammo at retail prices and sell it for double what gouger mountain would sell their 1600 round ammo can of cci...... Like I said I hope you offer a complimentary reach around with the price. What if I offered you $8/100 so I could donate it to the guy looking for donations for the Boy Scouts troop. Would you take the offer or triple it because Boy Scouts don't like gays?
unit44justin

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Sigfan220 wrote:22lr isn't rare :roll: It's just guys like you are buying it all up and reselling at a huge markup. Yeah I know free market bla bla bla. It's just getting a little old, yeah I know I don't have to read all of the posts. But come on.

Well, in all fairness, I've been stockpiling ammo since I bought my first firearms in Feb 2012. Before that, I've shot, but never owned until then.So it's not like I stockpiled to sell it at a profit, I stockpiled for personal use, so don't lump me in with the others please.

Now, when prices fall and I stockpile AR parts and ammo for next time, yeah, you can lump me in with them then..... but not now.... not until that happens.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:47 pm

unit44justin wrote:So you don't want people buying your ammo at retail prices to resell, yet it is ok for you to buy ammo at retail prices and sell it for double what gouger mountain would sell their 1600 round ammo can of cci...... Like I said I hope you offer a complimentary reach around with the price. What if I offered you $8/100 so I could donate it to the guy looking for donations for the Boy Scouts troop. Would you take the offer or triple it because Boy Scouts don't like gays?

Read this email thread below and decide for yourself, but I think you've misjudged me.

As you'll see, the BSA are set for 2013 and 2014. They wanted 3,000 rounds and ended up with almost 8,000-9,000 rounds, (if I recall correctly from another thread on here where he gave the final totals), so I was going to donate somewhere between 1,000-2,500 .22LR rounds to them, but now I will wait until 2015 to do so because they have more than enough. Now before you or anyone else complains that I was going to give it away .22LR to the BSA, but now I'm selling it at what people consider high prices, well, to that I say 3 things:

1) I bought the ammo with money I earned, so both the money spent and the ammo purchased are mine and thus I have the final say on them.
People may spend their own money and do with their own ammo as they see fit, I will do so with mine. If someone objects to that, well, I'll be more than happy to tell you what to do with your money and ammo and how to use it. After all, fair is fair, right? So please, everyone.... don't tell me how to use my money and ammo and I won't tell you or anyone else how to use yours. Life is good.

2) The BSA would use the ammo. Not re-sell it. Again, it's a good cause, even though I disagree with some of their policies. Now if the Catholic Church wanted ammo, they can eff off and die. I can't overlook their warmongering ways - not even for the sake of training new shooters. Eff 'em.

3) I don't need the money. I don't even need the ammo. Could I afford to give it away? Yes, and for the right cause, I would obviously, but I'm sensing some indignation like I'm taking advantage of people and they have some god given right to ammo, or ammo at the price they see fit. I posted this ad out of the fact that people want ammo. Ok. Here it is. You want it? Cool. If not, cool too. Buy it, don't buy it, either is fine with me. Just don't bitch about it. I'll either sell it and use the money to buy more .45ACP, or I'll shoot the ammo, either way is a win for me.

Along with the above, I already explained the higher than normal prices because I'm not going to take a loss on my initial investment or what it will cost to replace the ammo with other ammo. If I said I'd sell it for $1.00 for a 100 rounds, people would think me a fool instead of greedy as some do now. They wouldn't say "Oh hey man, you should really charge more for that." They would buy it and resell it, making a huge profit and then buy some more ammo and keep some money for themselves, if they didn't spend it all.

So in the end, if people want it, buy it. If not, then not.... but please stop whining about it.

To -=VILLY=- from me:
I never saw the thread on the .22LR, how much ammo do the Boy Scouts have now?
How much did you get from this board?
How much is your goal to get?
What is your total amount goal?

Personally, I don't like the anti-homosexual stance the BSA has, nor do I like the Christian foundation either; however, I'll set that aside because I believe that it's a good thing to train people with firearms so they may be educated and responsible in their use, even if they never own them. Pare of "Always Be Prepared" is to own a firearm and own the knowledge to properly and safely use, maintain, care, and respect for it.

-=VILLY=- replied:
I will be collecting about 7,500 rounds of 22LR that people have donated. All the rounds are being donated by forum members. The total is well over the 3,000 the Scouts were looking for so this will set them up for next year as well.

I try to not look at politics behind the Boy Scouts organization, I just care about the boys in this troop who works with my club. Just like the agency I work for has politics that I may not agree with, it doesn't reflect me as an individual or reflect how I do my job. The politics of the BSA does not reflect who these kids are or what the scouting experience will shape them to be. I agree with you that its a good thing for these young Scouts to learn guns safety and marksmanship.

Jomar

From me:
Excellent! They are set for 2013 and 2014. Contact me in 2015, I'll donate some for them when they need it. I'm actually sitting on 25,000 rounds for my personal cache right now I'll have plenty still because I always buy it when I see it.
Last edited by XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby grousemaster on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 pm

XDM45 wrote:
unit44justin wrote:So you don't want people buying your ammo at retail prices to resell, yet it is ok for you to buy ammo at retail prices and sell it for double what gouger mountain would sell their 1600 round ammo can of cci...... Like I said I hope you offer a complimentary reach around with the price. What if I offered you $8/100 so I could donate it to the guy looking for donations for the Boy Scouts troop. Would you take the offer or triple it because Boy Scouts don't like gays?

Read this email thread below and decide for yourself, but I think you've misjudged me.

As you'll see, the BSA are set for 2013 and 2014. They wanted 3,000 rounds and ended up with almost 9,000 rounds, so I was going to donate somewhere between 1,000-2,500 .22LR rounds to them, but now I will wait until 2015 to do so because they have more than enough. Now before you or anyone else complains that I was going to give it away .22LR to the BSA, but now I'm selling it at what people consider high prices, well, to that I say 3 things:

1) I bought the ammo with money I earned, so both the money spent and the ammo purchased are mine and thus I have the final say on them.
People may spend their own money and do with their own ammo as they see fit, I will do so with mine. If someone objects to that, well, I'll be more than happen to tell you what to do with your money and ammo and how to use it. After all, fair is fair, right? So please, everyone.... don't tell me how to use my money and ammo and I won't tell you or anyone else how to use yours. Life is good.

2) The BSA would use the ammo. Not re-sell it. Again, it's a good cause, even though I disagree with some of their policies. Now if the Catholic Church wanted ammo, they can eff off and die. I can't overlook their warmongering ways - not even for the sake of training new shooters. Eff 'em.

3) I don't need the money. I don't even need the ammo. Could I afford to give it away? Yes, and for the right cause, I would obviously, but I'm sensing some indignation like I'm taking advantage of people and they have some god given right to ammo, or ammo at the price they see fit. I posted this add out of the fact that people want ammo. Ok. Here it is. You want it? Cool. If not, cool too. Buy it, don't buy it, either is fine with me. Just don't bitch about it. I'll either sell it and use the money to buy more .45ACP, or I'll shoot the ammo, either way is a win for me.

Along with the above, I already explained the higher than normal prices because I'm not going to take a loss on my initial investment or what it will cost to replace the ammo with other ammo. If I said I'd sell it for $1.00 for a 100 rounds, people would think me a fool instead of greedy as some do now. They wouldn't say "Oh hey man, you should really charge more for that." They would buy it and resell it, making a huge profit and then buy some more ammo and keep some money for themselves, if they didn't spend it all.

So in the end, if people want it, buy it. If not, then not.... but please stop whining about it.

To -=VILLY=- from me:

Personally, I don't like the anti-homosexual stance the BSA has, nor do I like the Christian foundation either; however, I'll set that aside because I believe that it's a good thing to train people with firearms so they may be educated and responsible in their use, even if they never own them. Pare of "Always Be Prepared" is to own a firearm and own the knowledge to properly and safely use, maintain, care, and respect for it.

-=VILLY=- replied:
I will be collecting about 7,500 rounds of 22LR that people have donated. All the rounds are being donated by forum members. The total is well over the 3,000 the Scouts were looking for so this will set them up for next year as well.

I try to not look at politics behind the Boy Scouts organization, I just care about the boys in this troop who works with my club. Just like the agency I work for has politics that I may not agree with, it doesn't reflect me as an individual or reflect how I do my job. The politics of the BSA does not reflect who these kids are or what the scouting experience will shape them to be. I agree with you that its a good thing for these young Scouts to learn guns safety and marksmanship.

Jomar

From me:
Excellent! They are set for 2013 and 2014. Contact me in 2015, I'll donate some for them when they need it. I'm actually sitting on 25,000 rounds for my personal cache right now I'll have plenty still because I always buy it when I see it.

Would you do a price break if someone took the whole lot?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby s4s4u on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:55 pm

so don't lump me in with the others please

You are.
Know guns, Know peace, Know safety.
No guns, No peace, No safety. NRA
s4s4u

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:57 pm

s4s4u wrote:
so don't lump me in with the others please

You are.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you, are you looking to purchase some ammo? The complaint department is accepting emails at /dev/null
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby s4s4u on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:59 pm

:roll:
Know guns, Know peace, Know safety.
No guns, No peace, No safety. NRA
s4s4u

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:00 pm

grousemaster wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

As you'll see, the BSA are set for 2013 and 2014. They wanted 3,000 rounds and ended up with almost 9,000 rounds, so I was going to donate somewhere between 1,000-2,500 .22LR rounds to them, but now I will wait until 2015 to do so because they have more than enough. Now before you or anyone else complains that I was going to give it away .22LR to the BSA, but now I'm selling it at what people consider high prices, well, to that I say 3 things:

People may spend their own money and do with their own ammo as they see fit, I will do so with mine. If someone objects to that, well, I'll be more than happen to tell you what to do with your money and ammo and how to use it. After all, fair is fair, right? So please, everyone.... don't tell me how to use my money and ammo and I won't tell you or anyone else how to use yours. Life is good.

3) I don't need the money. I don't even need the ammo. Could I afford to give it away? Yes, and for the right cause, I would obviously, but I'm sensing some indignation like I'm taking advantage of people and they have some god given right to ammo, or ammo at the price they see fit. I posted this add out of the fact that people want ammo. Ok. Here it is. You want it? Cool. If not, cool too. Buy it, don't buy it, either is fine with me. Just don't bitch about it. I'll either sell it and use the money to buy more .45ACP, or I'll shoot the ammo, either way is a win for me.

To -=VILLY=- from me:

-=VILLY=- replied:

Jomar

From me:

Would you do a price break if someone took the whole lot?

Normally I would be open to negotiations, the problem is I don't know what the future market will bear, what I'm going to have to pay for .45ACP or even more .22LR ammo. When I bought my .45ACP this last time, it was .45/round but now it .55 - .70 a round, and on most places online, you can't find .22LR. I did find some today, but it's still rare.

I'm really doing this more for others than for myself. I just don't want to lose my ass doing that. It's one thing if I donated it (write-off), it's another to just give it away or sell it at a loss.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby tenmilmag on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:01 pm

T H A N K S for turning the accessories market place here on mnguntalk into another of your pathetic blogs. Get a life. I'm sure you will see this before it is deleted as you are sitting with your eyes peeled to your screen, and I may be reprimanded but at this point, I really do not care. My post earlier was already deleted so you know how I feel. I hope someone agrees to meet you for your stupid ammo and wastes your time waiting for them in some parking lot. DON'T WORRY THO, YOU'LL BE SAFE, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE MAN. ONLY MEN "OC". GOOD LUCK.
tenmilmag

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

tenmilmag wrote:T H A N K S for turning the accessories market place here on mnguntalk into another of your pathetic blogs. Get a life. I'm sure you will see this before it is deleted as you are sitting with your eyes peeled to your screen, and I may be reprimanded but at this point, I really do not care. My post earlier was already deleted so you know how I feel. I hope someone agrees to meet you for your stupid ammo and wastes your time waiting for them in some parking lot. DON'T WORRY THO, YOU'LL BE SAFE, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE MAN. ONLY MEN "OC". GOOD LUCK.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you, are you looking to purchase some ammo? The complaint department is accepting emails at /dev/null
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Next

Return to Accessories