Buy/Sell/Trade firearms accessories

So my tumbler crapped out

Postby operator4 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Well the title sums it up.

what do you guys use? pros cons?
operator4

Re: So my tumbler crapped out

Postby justaguy on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Haven't used it much but I have the big Dillon. The only down side is the up side and that is it is BIG.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby gyrfalcon on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 pm

operator4 wrote:Well the title sums it up.
what do you guys use? pros cons?

Title doesn't really sum it up... who made it? Have you contacted them to see if they'll cover it under warranty or if it's repairable?
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Tumblers die. It happens.

Is it the basket that is worn through, or did the motor die on you? Most companies can send out replacement parts if you call them.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby macphisto on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:47 pm

I have the Frankford Arsenal. It was pretty cheap, so I expect it to give out sooner or later, but it's done a fine job thus far.
macphisto

Postby gyrfalcon on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:56 pm

The last tumbler I had die was a Cabelas 400 Tumbler made by Berrys Manufacturing. I just mailed it back and they sent me a new one... They did want a copy of my purchase receipt though.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby operator4 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:55 am

It's a midway. The motor pooped out. I checked power to the outlet, so that was hot still.

I understand tumblers do quit. I will probably end up out at Gunstop talking to john again !
operator4

Postby LarryFlew on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:25 am

Fit under the recall? Using a Frankfort Arsenal. One thing I really like about it is the clear to so you can see what is going on etc.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml98/98088.html
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby ScatterGun4015 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 am

I have an rcbs. I love it but would want something a little bigger. Something inbetween my rcbs and the massive dillon
Stradawhovious wrote:
So rather than just being chased by a zombie, you are now being chased by one in that's engulfed in flames? No thanks.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!
ScatterGun4015

Postby stesch_s10 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:57 am

Horndy tumbler, only had it a couple months... so I can't talk about long term use.

I've been reading and looking a lot about the Stainless Steel wet tumbling with some Lemi Shine and dish soap...
stesch_s10

Postby Scott Notaeh on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 am

I need one too.

At work they clean brass parts in an ultrasonic cleaner with some soap. They come out very clean. Anyone use ultrasonic?
Scott Notaeh

Postby 870TC on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

Thumblers Tumbler Ultra Vibe-18 made by Tru Square products in Auburn Wa. They make commercial grade machines. They can be difficult to find at a retailer, but are the best machines out there. If you remember "Denny the Brass Guy" from the gun shows, these are the machines he used. The Ultra Vibes last forever, I bought mine after burning through four Lyman 2200 machines. Lyman replaced or repaired there machine each time, but I was out of a tumbler while I waited for the repair.
870TC

Postby Ken on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:40 am

870TC wrote:Thumblers Tumbler Ultra Vibe-18 made by Tru Square products in Auburn Wa. They make commercial grade machines. They can be difficult to find at a retailer, but are the best machines out there. If you remember "Denny the Brass Guy" from the gun shows, these are the machines he used. The Ultra Vibes last forever, I bought mine after burning through four Lyman 2200 machines. Lyman replaced or repaired there machine each time, but I was out of a tumbler while I waited for the repair.

I have this one as well, it runs like a champ. King Kong Hobbies in Coon Rapids can order them if you're in need of one.
Ken

Postby Ironbear on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:51 am

Scott Notaeh wrote:At work they clean brass parts in an ultrasonic cleaner with some soap. They come out very clean. Anyone use ultrasonic?

Never used ultrasonic for tumbling brass, but a long time ago we used ultrasonic to clean rocket parts! If NASA can hit the moon.... :D
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby gyrfalcon on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Scott Notaeh wrote:I need one too.
At work they clean brass parts in an ultrasonic cleaner with some soap. They come out very clean. Anyone use ultrasonic?

I generally tumble, and then use ultra-sonic if I really want the cases clean. I'm going to be switching primarily to wet stainless steel media soon. I think it's the best brass cleaning solution out right now.
gyrfalcon

Next

Return to Accessories