WTB .357 Dies and Dillon 550b .357 Conversion

Buy/Sell/Trade firearms accessories

WTB .357 Dies and Dillon 550b .357 Conversion

Postby EJSG19 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Fun part first. My Liberal sister in law has mentioned twice now that she really wants to learn how to shoot, primarily for self defense while my brother is gone working in the winter time. My brother has a very nice GP100 that I'll teach her how to use reasonably well. So, need some .38 and .357 training fodder. As the very wise Belgiboy once said, and I'll paraphrase: "If I can teach one Liberal to shoot and enjoy it, that is better than helping 50 current gun lovers to join our cause." As usual, he said it and it was much funnier.

So, looking for some dies that would go into my Dillon 550 and work for progressive loading fairly well. I hesitate to pay full price for new ones, because honestly they aren't going to see a ton of use. So I post here, in case somebody has some in decent shape, and needs some pocket change more than they need these dies collecting dust.

The infamous Deanc, speaking of which, gave me a handful of oddball .357 dies a few years ago, and bless his heart and mine, I've tried loading with them a bit but have had a heck of a time getting them to work. So on that note, as I promised him when I took ownership of them, if anyone wants an even more basic starting set of dies, we can discuss that as well. My attention span, patience, what have you, has given up on them.

So, let me know what you have!

ETA: Would also need the shell plate, buttons, and powder funnel which is the .357 conversion for the Dillon 550b.
Last edited by EJSG19 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Re: WTB .357 Dies

Postby LS3Miata on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, being a proud liberal myself, I would be more than happy to introduce other liberals to the sport. I just set up my dillon .357 dies this weekend and while they are not for sale, I would be more than willing to loan them for a batch of reloading, along with the conversion kit, if you want to reload a batch.

I could mail it, or... Could even drive them down during pheasant season (hint hint) :D
A few 1911's, two crazy boxers, a fast car and a half fast driver.
LS3Miata

Postby Belgiboy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:37 pm

I've said that a couple of times actually. I'll check the Gunstop tomorrow for a used pair of carbide dies.
I have a Colt Python and you don't so what do I care...

Mom, Dad.... I'm Gaelic

http://www.zazzle.com/belgiboy/gifts
Belgiboy

Postby EJSG19 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 pm

LS3Miata wrote:Well, being a proud liberal myself, I would be more than happy to introduce other liberals to the sport. I just set up my dillon .357 dies this weekend and while they are not for sale, I would be more than willing to loan them for a batch of reloading, along with the conversion kit, if you want to reload a batch.

I could mail it, or... Could even drive them down during pheasant season (hint hint) :D

I like where your head is at! But if the last two seasons are an indicator, you'd make a four hour drive to practice walking in 4ft switchgrass and thats about it. This year by rights should be better due to conditions though.

Will let you know though, i dont know if i have enough brass atm to be worth your trouble. I dont shoot this caliber myself, and they wont want to drop a lot of money on range ammo. Just trying to maximize her exposure to shooting and minimize her costs. She will learn my G21, my wife's Kimber, and my Kahr CM9 on my ammo dime.
EJSG19

EJSG19

Postby EJSG19 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Belgiboy wrote:I've said that a couple of times actually. I'll check the Gunstop tomorrow for a used pair of carbide dies.

Perfect, thanks buddy.
EJSG19

EJSG19

Postby Angus on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:06 pm

I have a Lee Deluxe pistol(4) die set that was used once - .357 wasnt for me so GP100 went down the road. Sticker says $38.95 I'd let them go for $25.00. I'd be available late today or anytime tomorrow.
Angus

Return to Accessories