WTS Acme coated bullets/Hornady 9mm bullet feeder die+tubes

Buy/Sell/Trade firearms accessories

WTS Acme coated bullets/Hornady 9mm bullet feeder die+tubes

Postby andrewP on Tue May 29, 2018 6:28 pm

I bought a 500-count package of Acme Bullets coated 124 grain round nose bullets to try a while back and came to the conclusion that they're not going to work out for me due to their bullet profile not matching up well with my guns. I think I used about 5-10 of them trying to figure out the OAL needed before deciding that they weren't for me, so about 98-99% of the package is still there. Yours for $30 (approximately $0.06/bullet), or I'd be more than happy to exchange them for a similar quantity of Blue Bullets 125 grain truncated cone bullets, which I find work out much better in my guns.

The Hornady 9mm bullet feeder die is set up with very tight tolerances, such that it works perfectly with .355" diameter jacketed bullets, is marginal with .356" plated bullets, and doesn't work well at all with coated. (Hornady only recommends using it with jacketed.) Since I've switched to coated, it's no longer useful to me, and I'd like to move it on to a home where it can happily feed jacketed bullets. (I will not be including the powder-through expander, as I intend to keep using that part, plus it only works with Hornady powder measures, so if you've got a Dillon (or another brand of press), you wouldn't use it anyway. Normal retail on the die including the PTX is about $30, so without the PTX, I'd like to get $20 for it.

I also have 3 of the Hornady tubes that work with the bullet feeder die. They hold 30-33 124/125 grain 9mm bullets each, depending on bullet profile. With 115 grain you'd get a few more per tube, 147 a few less. They were $25 or so new; I'd like to get $17 for them.

If one person wants all of this stuff, I'd let it go for $60 in total, although I would caution that the Acme coated bullets are unlikely to work well with the Hornady bullet feeder die. If my pricing seems out of line, explain why and hit me up with an offer - the worst I can do is say no.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, no PMs after a week and 100+ views, time to try reducing prices. I'll let the bullets go for $25 (approx. $0.05/bullet, which I'm guessing is as cheap as or cheaper than bare lead). $15 for the die, $15 for the tubes.
andrewP

Return to Accessories