Crossbreed Refitting?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Crossbreed Refitting?

Postby Josh189 on Fri May 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Does any know if Crossbreed will refit a holster to fit a nother gun?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Re: Crossbreed Refitting?

Postby Norsesmithy on Fri May 13, 2011 10:59 pm

IIRC you can buy conversion kits for certain models of theirs. What do you have?
Norsesmithy

Postby Josh189 on Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Norsesmithy wrote:IIRC you can buy conversion kits for certain models of theirs. What do you have?

I've got a super tuck deluxe with the combat cut. I had a Kahr CW9 I carried, but I'm gonna have it refitted to my G26. I'll take a look a IIRC.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby Thunder71 on Thu May 19, 2011 8:20 pm

I'd shoot them an email, I do know they won't refit it though - but perhaps if the guns are similar dimensions they could send you a replacement Kydex portion. (Maybe that's what you meant.)
Thunder71

Postby MissouriDave on Sat May 21, 2011 6:46 pm

I think you need to spend more money on another holster. :yippee: The old box of holsters needs an addition to be sure... Minataur by CompTac is modular ya know...
MissouriDave

Postby Josh189 on Sat May 21, 2011 8:37 pm

I sent them an email with what I wanted to do, and apparently they can do it for 40$. I'll be sending it in Monday, and let everyone know how it turns out. It may take awhile though. I'll also check out the Minotaur holster as well to see what prices are. Thanks for the help guys.
Josh189

Postby Thunder71 on Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 pm

For $40 you could get a whole new Old Faithful holster.
http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/
Thunder71

Postby Josh189 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Thunder71 wrote:For $40 you could get a whole new Old Faithful holster.

That's a sweet deal. I like the fact that you can adjust the tension by a screw instead of heating the Kydex like Crossbreeds. I might look into that. Thanks.

J.
Josh189

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:02 pm

No problem!

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt
Thunder71

Postby Josh189 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Thunder71 wrote:For $40 you could get a whole new Old Faithful holster.

So I decided that 40$ for a new holster would be better than paying the same for an older one. So I tried to fit the crossbreed myself. It worked awesome. It now holds my G17 and G26. I cannot believe they were gonna charge me 40$ for that. It took me 10 minutes with a blowdryer. However I did let my buddy know about the Old Faithfuls, and he ordered one tonight. You've all been very helpful, both with suggestions and comments. Thanks.

J.
Josh189

Postby grousemaster on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Josh189 wrote:Does any know if Crossbreed will refit a holster to fit a nother gun?

Word to the wise, I've used both the crossbreed and Galco king tuk and the king tuk blows it away IMO, my "gun nut" friends tend to agree. If crossbreed is going to charge you $30+ for the new setup I would just buy the king tuk glock model. I am wearing mine right now with a G27 and I forget I'm wearing it. It has a double stitch of leather, which is smooth on the inside and twice as thick as the crossbreed. It also has 2 screw per clip and is easy to adjust cant. Finish seems better and no goofy crosses on the clips (I'm a Christian to, just didn't find the crosses prudent to a holster), and it can be had for $47 from Midway USA.I just ordered another one after I mistakingly traded mine along with a G19 to another Forum member. I wanted it for my other glocks immediately...should have kept it.

Then you could sell your crossbreed and recover much of your $$$. This is just my 2 cents, but the king tuk really is a nice comfy rig and fairly priced.

EDIT: I didn't read your update until it was too late, glad you could refit your crossbreed. It's a damn nice holster to.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby solidgun on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:44 pm

grousemaster wrote:Word to the wise, I've used both the crossbreed and Galco king tuk and the king tuk blows it away IMO, my "gun nut" friends tend to agree. If crossbreed is going to charge you $30+ for the new setup I would just buy the king tuk glock model. I am wearing mine right now with a G27 and I forget I'm wearing it. It has a double stitch of leather, which is smooth on the inside and twice as thick as the crossbreed. It also has 2 screw per clip and is easy to adjust cant. Finish seems better and no goofy crosses on the clips (I'm a Christian to, just didn't find the crosses prudent to a holster), and it can be had for $47 from Midway USA.I just ordered another one after I mistakingly traded mine along with a G19 to another Forum member. I wanted it for my other glocks immediately...should have kept it.

Then you could sell your crossbreed and recover much of your $$$. This is just my 2 cents, but the king tuk really is a nice comfy rig and fairly priced.

EDIT: I didn't read your update until it was too late, glad you could refit your crossbreed. It's a damn nice holster to.

I own 4 crossbreed holsters and 1 Galco king tuk. I actually bought the King tuk because I read the reviews that they are great and I really needed to know this for myself.
I have to agree with grousemaster on this one as well as many many other reviewers that ended up buying Galco king tuk. But I still like crossbreed because of the horsehide option as I use crossbreed in all horsehide cuts in the Summer.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby UnaStamus on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I sweat. A lot. Even in the winter. So the crossbreed horsehide is very necessary for me.
If I decide to get a secondary pistol to carry off-duty, I may have to try that King Tuk. This is not the first time I've heard people sing its praises, and I've already got Galco shoulder and ankle holsters that I'm very pleased with.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Return to Accessories