Lifejacket firearms safety cases-too complicated for Defense

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Lifejacket firearms safety cases-too complicated for Defense

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:52 am

Howdy,
I've seen this type of lock up system for handgun and shotgun on the Law Enforcement Targets website and wondered if anyone has any experience with them. I've had good luck with the DAC Sportsafes that Law Enforcement Targets sell, so I'm intrigued by the simplicity of the Lifejacket locks.

Specifically, I think I'd like to get two of these units,keyed the same, for upstairs and downstairs shotgun placement. My issue is that if they are that sucure, I imagine that by the time you get the key out to unlock it, the Doo Doo has already made it to the blades and you may as well save the effort. At least with my sport safes, I can get in with my 4 digit code.

Any thoughts on the subject. Thank you

YukonJasper
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Lifejacket firearms safety cases-too complicated for Defense

Postby meltedeyes on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:25 am

I would say anything that requires you to use a separate, physical key is a bad thing. Crap! where's the key, search pockets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, coat pockets kitchen counter, couch armrest, computer desk, dresser top! Ah-ha! FOund em...wait, I'm still alive? Guess I didn't need them anyway.
meltedeyes

Postby Pat Cannon on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:37 am

meltedeyes wrote:I would say anything that requires you to use a separate, physical key is a bad thing. Crap! where's the key, search pockets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, coat pockets kitchen counter, couch armrest, computer desk, dresser top! Ah-ha! FOund em...wait, I'm still alive? Guess I didn't need them anyway.

Exactly.
Pat Cannon

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:47 am

You guys are right, I guess I sort of answered my own question. I suppose you could get the model for a handgun and mount it in the trunk in case you needed to leave your CCW behind. I have a Thread that asks about whether anyone uses the small box "safes" for the vehicle.

Thanks guys.

YukonJasper
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby EAJuggalo on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:43 am

The Lifejacket is the smallest TSA approved hardsided, lockable case. I know of quite a few people that use them for short trips to gun friendly places.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby farmerj on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:13 pm

hmm, gun safe needs a key.

If it's a combo, jeez, talk about a pain.

Most of the "finger" combo lockers are a nuisance also.

I have a LifeJacket as well. It suits its purpose and I will continue to use it in the future.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby cobb on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:51 pm

EAJuggalo wrote:The Lifejacket is the smallest TSA approved hardsided, lockable case. I know of quite a few people that use them for short trips to gun friendly places.

So you can lock the pistol in a LifeJacket and throw it in your luggage and turn it all over to the TSA as a declared weapon?
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby EAJuggalo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 pm

That is my understanding from reading in "carry issues" on GlockTalk.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Return to Accessories