Paddle Holsters?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Re: Paddle Holsters?

Postby northerner1 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:49 am

You mentioned a goal of easy on-off. Regarding the BlackHawk Serpa, while it's easy to remove the weapon from the holster, removing the holster from your pants almost requires taking your pants off first. It has a plastic piece on the inside which stabilizes the holster on your hip. So you won't get the holster off quickly and easily.
northerner1

Postby Thunderjohn on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Hammer99... wrote:This is exactly why we should all try to bring back the fanny pack....

What do you mean , 'bring back' ?
They're not out of style already, are they?
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby engnerdan on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm sorry but the "fanny pack" I think was out of style before I was ever old enough to shoot a gun. There are only 2 maybe 3 types of (guys) people still wearing them.

1. Those who carry a gun in them
2. Those who are very old and see the practicality of it and not how silly they loolk.
3. The only other person I know had a rather "flamboyant" personality and told me he was a "swinger"
Seismic Sam wrote:When it launches, the marketing will hit you in the face like the shrapnal from a methane explosion in a 3 holer outhouse!! :P :P :P
engnerdan

Postby tman on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:07 am

I have a fanny pack. I fall into the I don't care how it looks if it works crowd.

Although if I were to wear it again, I might cinch it against the small of my back, instead of wearing it kangaroo style.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Hammer99... on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:54 pm

just try and remember. If the fanny pack had just a little more strap it would be a purse.
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby RobD on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:12 am

northerner1 wrote:You mentioned a goal of easy on-off. Regarding the BlackHawk Serpa, while it's easy to remove the weapon from the holster, removing the holster from your pants almost requires taking your pants off first. It has a plastic piece on the inside which stabilizes the holster on your hip. So you won't get the holster off quickly and easily.

I haven't found that to be the case. Have to take it off a couple times a day, and I can get it off in 1 motion.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby tweener on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 pm

BlackHawk Close Quarters Combat paddle was a favorite of mine....I like the paddles... and the retention, if used with a heavy gun belt, is better than most think.
Never mind the typos. My keyboard is full of beer, crumbs and Dr. Peper........and .........the typo and grammer police can go to........HE..!.....no...wait a minute......California!
tweener

Postby old guy on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 am

I have one paddle holster and I do not like it. Two days ago I stopped at Bill's south looking for holsters and saw the Remora's and bought one, I have been carrying my 709 slim in it since then and I have to say it has promise, stick it inside your pants anywhere at any angle and it stays there and it hugs the gun in tighter than anything else I have and it's comfortable, and thier cheap too if that matters $25.

John
old guy

Postby Jerome45 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Hammer99... wrote:
yuppiejr wrote:I saw some guy downtown Minneapolis this morning crossing Hennepin with what looked like a modern evolution of the fanny pack... it was some sort of small cross-the-chest tactical man-purse in digi-camo that screamed concealed carry. If you're trying not to look like you're packing, I suggest against the digital camo tactical man-purse though it honestly looks like a very practical range bag or mag-hauler ( I use an old gas-mask bag for the purpose now and works but the tactical man-purse looked like it's better designed for storage ).

Like this?

I have that bag, it's an Elite Survival "Avenger" bag. I altered mine to look less "tactical". I hate wearing stuff on my belt, it's a good carry bag.
Jerome45

Previous

Return to Accessories